Get Street Wise Thistle

angry gaz

The difference between our players and management compared to other clubs is unbelievable,Other teams swamp and surround refs at every decision of foul given against them , managers moan and complain about big decisions against them whereas we seem muted and quiet at everything that goes against us. The penalty desicions against us this season alone are unbelivable.How many opposition players #do you see and think ,"i cant stand him he's always moaning" These are the guys that get penalty awards and goals against us.If a ref thought archie was going to go off his head about these penalty decisions post match then they might have more doubt befrore they award them.

Every Thistle team and manager should be putting pressure on refs for a decisions because every other team does.Archie's meek acceptance of the non award against Celtic made my blood boil.

We need a moany face , mouthy leader out there.

GET STREET WISE THISTLE

• Like 1

I didn't think he was going to book Keown. But when he saw McLean writhing in agony, pulled out the (2nd) yellow. What a surprise that he recovered miraculously even without divine intervention, as soon as the red card came out.

McInnes has his players doing this constantly. And we just don't do it.

There are so many weak refs like Madden who are conned like this. Doolan wouldn't have fallen over like Christie for instance.

So I regrettably advocate the underhand tactics mentioned by Angry Gaz!

Yeah I didn't think Keown was getting the second yellow either, then he seen McLean and I think got it in the ear from a few Dons players and then gave him a second booking

I thought there was also a rather long gap between the incident and the penalty being given. As the officials are all wired up these days, It could be that Madden consults his lineman or at least waits for confirmation. I've said before that Madden can be an infuriating official and prone to crazy decisions but he does seem to have a working rapport with the players, unlike say Collum or Thomson..

Believe tho' the OP has a very valid point. For most of the game Madden was going out of his way today to not caution players but when he finally gets card itchy it's our player that gets it (Keown's 1st yellow). Not saying it was undeserved but opposition players had previously avoided yellows rather mysteriously. Imo that sort of thing is a rather regular occurrence.

• Like 1

The difference between our players and management compared to other clubs is unbelievable,Other teams swamp and surround refs at every decision of foul given against them , managers moan and complain about big decisions against them whereas we seem muted and quiet at everything that goes against us. The penalty desicions against us this season alone are unbelivable.How many opposition players #do you see and think ,"i cant stand him he's always moaning" These are the guys that get penalty awards and goals against us.If a ref thought archie was going to go off his head about these penalty decisions post match then they might have more doubt befrore they award them. Every Thistle team and manager should be putting pressure on refs for a decisions because every other team does.Archie's meek acceptance of the non award against Celtic made my blood boil. We need a moany face , mouthy leader out there. GET STREET WISE THISTLE

I rasied this issue earlier in the week in another post.

Our meek acceptance of the level of refereeing decisions going against us is deplorable.

Not so cuddly - Your having a laugh!

Yeah I didn't think Keown was getting the second yellow either, then he seen McLean and I think got it in the ear from a few Dons players and then gave him a second booking

It was a definite yellow; as was the first.

The ref did take a few seconds to give it, but it was the right decision.

Btw - I don't like the concept of being streetwise. The players should be honest. The ref was a bit baffling today but he is not helped by players diving and moaning (today was not that bad to be fair).

The bigger focus area for us after today was simple defending. That wee Aberdeen singer had the beating of the Czech boy all day long. He maybe needed a hand. Then christies cross for their winner was super, but he had way too much time.

Easy for me to say, I know. The game was mega open today which made for a good spectacle but...our overall defending was much poorer than normal.

Oh - and Barton needs to be benched. He's in permanent slow mo (I rate him but there is no denying that he is off form).

The difference between our players and management compared to other clubs is unbelievable,Other teams swamp and surround refs at every decision of foul given against them , managers moan and complain about big decisions against them whereas we seem muted and quiet at everything that goes against us. The penalty desicions against us this season alone are unbelivable.How many opposition players #do you see and think ,"i cant stand him he's always moaning" These are the guys that get penalty awards and goals against us.If a ref thought archie was going to go off his head about these penalty decisions post match then they might have more doubt befrore they award them.

Every Thistle team and manager should be putting pressure on refs for a decisions because every other team does.Archie's meek acceptance of the non award against Celtic made my blood boil.

We need a moany face , mouthy leader out there.

GET STREET WISE THISTLE

Whatever makes you feel better. If you honestly think games are won by being mouthy then i wonder why PSG spent £200m for a quality player rather than pay less for someone with a big gob?

It was a definite yellow; as was the first.

The ref did take a few seconds to give it, but it was the right decision.

Btw - I don't like the concept of being streetwise. The players should be honest. The ref was a bit baffling today but he is not helped by players diving and moaning (today was not that bad to be fair).

The bigger focus area for us after today was simple defending. That wee Aberdeen singer had the beating of the Czech boy all day long. He maybe needed a hand. Then christies cross for their winner was super, but he had way too much time.

Easy for me to say, I know. The game was mega open today which made for a good spectacle but...our overall defending was much poorer than normal.

Oh - and Barton needs to be benched. He's in permanent slow mo (I rate him but there is no denying that he is off form).

Totally agree it was a yellow and thought Niall was lucky not to see red for the challenge in which he got his first yellow, just didn't think Madden was giving it initially

Whatever makes you feel better. If you honestly think games are won by being mouthy then i wonder why PSG spent £200m for a quality player rather than pay less for someone with a big gob?

Yes, I do think games are won with players and managers being mouthy, of course they are,if you don't think that then you are naive .I've Heard interviews with guys like miller and mcleish about how Ferguson would tell them to put pressure on the ref to get decisions and make them think twice. Have you seen the fouls and penalties someone like Paul Macdonald gets away with because of his gob .If you don't think we are being disadvantaged by our lack of players and management acting like that you are completely naive. Remember how much we all hated Paul McGrillen until he came to Firhill. A comparison to PSG signing Neymar is a feckin joke.

Edited by angry gaz
  • Like 1

Yes, I do think games are won with players and managers being mouthy, of course they are,if you don't think that then you are naive .I've Heard interviews with guys like miller and mcleish about how Ferguson would tell them to put pressure on the ref to get decisions and make them think twice. Have you seen the fouls and penalties someone like Paul Macdonald gets away with because of his gob .If you don't think we are being disadvantaged by our lack of players and management acting like that you are completely naive. Remember how much we all hated Paul McGrillen until he came to Firhill. A comparison to PSG signing Neymar is a feckin joke.

Ok I clearly didn't think about it but since you brought up Paul McGrillen as an example how could I have been so stupid!! Thanks for setting me straight I fully understand now.

What did Paul McDonald do to earn such a bad press?

Thought he was decent for us - scored a winner v Clyde and had the haw-maws to step up and score an important penalty for us v Forfar when we were rock rock bottom.

That decent he never played for us? mcGrillen in the other hand was Div 2 so sorry no one is going to look back with nostalgia, he was no Lindau.