Firhill Nae More

lady-isobel-barnett

Not that it matters, but I wonder how this deal came about.... Did the company approach PTFC, or was the club actively hooring Firhill around, looking for extra money?

No way of knowing of course but the Club has I believe recently appointed a commercial manager.

Btw Ryan Edwards being interviewed on STV referred to our games against sevco being played at "Firhill". Somehow I could hear an Accies player referring to matches at the Superseal (it rolls off the tongue easy enough) but I just can't imagine a Jags player on TV/radio calling our home either The Energy Check Stadium at Firhill or The Energy Check Stadium.

• Like 1

No way of knowing of course but the Club has I believe recently appointed a commercial manager.

Btw Ryan Edwards being interviewed on STV referred to our games against sevco being played at "Firhill". Somehow I could hear an Accies player referring to matches at the Superseal (it rolls off the tongue easy enough) but I just can't imagine a Jags player on TV/radio calling our home either The Energy Check Stadium at Firhill or The Energy Check Stadium.

Winton has been fishing via Robyn Smith's twitter for clubs needing sponsorship to contact them since May this year, so i dont buy Maxy's this was the right deal at the right time pish

Makes no difference one way or other. If in our heads it remains Firhill then its Firhill.

When the deal finishes it goes back to Firhill and some money collected at the same time. In 10,20,30 years it will still be Firhill whether someone sponsoring a name or not.

For me Dumbarton is still Boghead. Always has been, always will. Same for Firhill

Makes no difference one way or other. If in our heads it remains Firhill then its Firhill.

When the deal finishes it goes back to Firhill and some money collected at the same time. In 10,20,30 years it will still be Firhill whether someone sponsoring a name or not.

For me Dumbarton is still Boghead. Always has been, always will. Same for Firhill

Except it is a different location from Boghead.

I am struggling to understand all the disappointment about this. What is the difference between this and eg shirt sponsorship ?

I think the devil is in the detail, if it's only £100k for 3 years to me that sounds a very poor deal (less than £2k a home game) if it's £500k or more then it's a decent bit of business

Do we ever find out what the amounts are. Are they disclosed in the accounts for example ?

Accies announced a £550k 2 year deal, we announced a 6 figure 3 year deal.

My gut says if it had been near the £250k, £500k, £750k figure we'd have announced it as such, as its announced as 6 figures I'd hedge my bets on it being between £100 & £200k

Accies announced a £550k 2 year deal, we announced a 6 figure 3 year deal.

My gut says if it had been near the £250k, £500k, £750k figure we'd have announced it as such, as its announced as 6 figures I'd hedge my bets on it being between £100 & £200k

I understand that - I just wanted to know if it is likely to be noted somewhere in the accounts when they are published.

Last year there was speculation about how much we paid for Barton. What was the figure that appeared in the accounts

I understand that - I just wanted to know if it is likely to be noted somewhere in the accounts when they are published.

Last year there was speculation about how much we paid for Barton. What was the figure that appeared in the accounts

It's probably been ring-fenced for Archie's severance package... :rolleyes: