Maxy's Comments In Evening Times

Lenziejag

I was disappointed in Ian Maxwell's comments about not waiting forever unti results turn round. We have only played 5 games out of 38. How many points does he realistically expect to have at this point. He also compared our results to some of our rivals which I thought was unhelpful.

I assume he was referring to Motherwell who have had 4 home games and Hamilton who admittedly beat Hibs unexpectedly. Let's wait until we have played everyone at least once before getting jittery. Let's not forget that 3 of the 5 we have played are unbeaten so far.

i think its because its a pattern though eg last few seasons if we had better starts then we would have been in europe

Last season we had the same teams almost - ICT instead of Hibs(the Celtic game was postponed) and until the SPFL change their corner cutting approach to replacing the relegated teams fixtures with the promoted team we will always have this tough start

To coin a couple of cliches, it's a result based business and no-one is guaranteed a job for life.

Undoubtedly the squad is stronger than 12 months ago and we have quality players. But if the manager can't get them to perform and to play to the best of their ability then his position is definitely under the spotlight.

Maxy is quite right, so fair play for just coming out and saying it. It's been a hopeless start to the season, and that has been the way for the last few seasons. Unlike many of our own fans, it is nice to see our GM not content with the idea that a draw against Ross County is a "good result." Our small team mentality against Rangers, Celtic, and Aberdeen also grates on me something awful.

Archie is not some omniscient and omnipotent being. There is chronic problems such as losing late goals, that simply haven't been rectified. It is still early in the season, and Archie can turn it around I am sure. But lets just face the facts here, we have drawn 1 and lost 10 of our last 11 league games (I think that is right), so I think you'd have to be absolutely delusional to think that Archie has been performing to expected standards recently.

• Like 2

I will nail my colours to the mast and say that even if we were to be relegated I would want Archie to stay and try and get us back up at the first attempt. Long term thinking is required and starting down the road of chopping and changing manager is not the way to go in my opinion.

If we were to be relegated I think only Archie would decide to call it a day. The board won't sack him.

If the McGinn registration boob is true and if the sponsorship deal for the ground name don't come up trumps then perhaps the general manager might have some questions to answer as to due diligence. This might be a tactic to divert attention onto another employee?..............................................................................

Agree, I think this is poor by maxwell. Biggest success of the summer was Archie staying on in the manager's seat. Maxwell's comments add unnecessary pressure and can't think it will have done much for their working relationship.

I don't think Maxis comments would impinge on his relationship with Archie. As Maxi said, Archie is fully aware of what is expected of him and is surely big enough to accept that and the comments Maxi has made.

Extremely disappointed in Maxi's comments. Really no idea what he hopes to achieve by them, I have absolutely no concern over these type of discussions taking place within Firhill if they deem them necessary but to air them in public is alienating and completely poor form.

The main strength of the recent resurgence has been stability and unity this is a departure from this which could be destabilising.

Clearly a lot of money has been invested in contracts and to be relegated would be a concern however there is no point in adopting the Crystal Palace approach, if we couldn't afford the contracts or have relegation clauses built in then frankly that is the boards fault not Archie's and to panic and add pressure isn't going to achieve anything other than sure fire relegation.

Sit in the background, support and run the business wisely Maxi, it isn't about you. Let the team express themselves and maximise their potential without your paranoia or need to speak to the media.

• Like 4

I don't think Maxis comments would impinge on his relationship with Archie. As Maxi said, Archie is fully aware of what is expected of him and is surely big enough to accept that and the comments Maxi has made.

Archie will know what's expected of him- its the shouting about it to the press that is poor form

Edited by ironfist

Extremely disappointed in Maxi's comments. Really no idea what he hopes to achieve by them, I have absolutely no concern over these type of discussions taking place within Firhill if they deem them necessary but to air them in public is alienating and completely poor form.

The main strength of the recent resurgence has been stability and unity this is a departure from this which could be destabilising.

Clearly a lot of money has been invested in contracts and to be relegated would be a concern however there is no point in adopting the Crystal Palace approach, if we couldn't afford the contracts or have relegation clauses built in then frankly that is the boards fault not Archie's and to panic and add pressure isn't going to achieve anything other than sure fire relegation.

Sit in the background, support and run the business wisely Maxi, it isn't about you. Let the team express themselves and maximise their potential without your paranoia or need to speak to the media.

this in a nutshell

can't believe or understand why maxwell has put this in print very unprofessional to say the least

Agree, I think this is poor by maxwell. Biggest success of the summer was Archie staying on in the manager's seat. Maxwell's comments add unnecessary pressure and can't think it will have done much for their working relationship.

I agree with this. If my boss said to the general public or even directly to me that my job was on the line despite the circumstances, I certainly wouldn't be hanging around when the next opportunity came around

Why make them before 2 games that let's face it we are unlikely to win as history shows

His comments are a disgrace. How I laughed reading this again - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/1539/

Instead of going on about money all the time and posing in endless photo opportunities, why doesn't he apply some of his fresh thinking for the wider benefit of Scottish football and publically back the growing demands for a Scottish Football review?

And back Archie while you're at it.

• Like 1