Ayr vs Partick Thistle - Oh we do like to be beside the seaside...

jagfox

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Again - I am not arguing against his sentiment, just his facts.

Did I mention the board in my response to him ? Or was that to Barney ?

Dunno, can't be motivated to look back. Can we cuddle and move on......

7 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Did you know that following complaints, Dignitas had to take Cheerios off the breakfast menu.

I'll play eljaggo. Why pray tell

By no means a happy clapper but some of the things getting shouted at the game were embarrassing. Player kicks it out the park and some idiot blames Archie. Melbourne taking a throw in and was told to get to fu*k. Clearly a confidence issue but abusing players is not the answer. 

Good footage.

Yesterday was a real low for me supporting Thistle, the team were attrocious and it was exactly the right result...

However, we were not helped by the usual dodgy decisions by one of Scotlands top referees and his assistants.

1.   It was 100% a free kick but not 100% a penalty. To me that was fractionally outside the box.

2.   In one of our very few attacking moves in the first half when Doolan was breaking - he was given offside. He was not.

3.   Really good shout for a thistle penalty. Ayr players hands were waving above his head certainly not in a natural position when the ball hit it. I've seen them given

4.   Ayr defender had a wee sly kick at Storey when he was on the ground. Storey gets a yellow for reacting.

5. McDaid had a right good attempt at chopping down Fitzpatrick when he went on his first run. Not even a word in his ear from ***** Thomson

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Good footage.

Yesterday was a real low for me supporting Thistle, the team were attrocious and it was exactly the right result...

However, we were not helped by the usual dodgy decisions by one of Scotlands top referees and his assistants.

1.   It was 100% a free kick but not 100% a penalty. To me that was fractionally outside the box.

2.   In one of our very few attacking moves in the first half when Doolan was breaking - he was given offside. He was not.

3.   Really good shout for a thistle penalty. Ayr players hands were waving above his head certainly not in a natural position when the ball hit it. I've seen them given

4.   Ayr defender had a wee sly kick at Storey when he was on the ground. Storey gets a yellow for reacting.

5. McDaid had a right good attempt at chopping down Fitzpatrick when he went on his first run. Not even a word in his ear from ***** Thomson

Great points but still, i'm sue you'll agree, we should be blowing ayr away. We should be stronger than them but given the mis management of the last 18 months we don't have premier players, we have mediocer players who are being mos mamaged in yerms of positional play, tactics etc

2 hours ago, gerrybritton9 said:

I’m not being negative but see for yourself. Grown men running away from the ball. Players unable to jockey and tackle.

looks like a worse performance than any I saw last season 

holy f 

That coverage makes a mockery of the Jagzone equivalent.

8 hours ago, stuart_adam said:

Sorry, misphrased... Recent history....

But yeah not really an apologist... just have respect for what he achieved. Also believe that his time is up and he needs to go.

Called for his head in December and we stuck by him then so can't see this being any different.

Good post. Mea Culpa - picked you up wrong first time round and 100% in agreement with the above.

2 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Couldn’t watch it all but that 2nd goal is pure amateur hour. So many mistakes in one passage of play. 

Very true. Admittedly Melbourne made a bad initial mistake but there was plenty of space and time following the error to correct the situation. You'd expect a defensive midfielder to be on hand. Worst that should have occurred was a centre mid giving away a free kick on McDaid early on his run and possibly picking up a yellow. 

18 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Very true. Admittedly Melbourne made a bad initial mistake but there was plenty of space and time following the error to correct the situation. You'd expect a defensive midfielder to be on hand. Worst that should have occurred was a centre mid giving away a free kick on McDaid early on his run and possibly picking up a yellow. 

And if we as humble supporters can see that why can't the players who are in "control" of the situation. I can't bring myself to blame the mgt team for that surely the players are capable of making that decision

19 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Shame we don’t have one of them...a left sided player at left back is a recipe for disaster too!

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Great points but still, i'm sue you'll agree, we should be blowing ayr away. We should be stronger than them but given the mis management of the last 18 months we don't have premier players, we have mediocer players who are being mos mamaged in yerms of positional play, tactics etc

I agree 100% and have said as much elsewhere on here. I was just trying to make myself feel better!

We will face better teams than Ayr this season which is a worry.

Just now, Pinhead said:

yup, cringeworthy...thought we were better than that stuff

How’s it cringeworthy? it’s in red yellow and black our colours 

States absent friends, and lists the 4 boys (All Jags fans) who are no longer with us, 1 of who was murdered, and another who passed on only a few weeks back

• twinny locked this topic