Caldwell

Jagsman

No I said he was trying to move players on which he’s publicly said without mentioning any names  as did Ray McKinnon at Falkirk who seems to have done that probably because their Board have found the funds to do that .

The players mentioned have contributed very little and I think they all would be moved on if Caldwell had his way to free up funds .

They took a punt on Coulibaye but he’s not played hardly any football in 3 years and I’m not sure what contribution he can make between now and the end of the season .

Probably worded it wrong , based on my opinion 

What players do you think Caldwell would move on ?

12 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

No I said he was trying to move players on which he’s publicly said without mentioning any names  as did Ray McKinnon at Falkirk who seems to have done that probably because their Board have found the funds to do that .

The players mentioned have contributed very little and I think they all would be moved on if Caldwell had his way to free up funds .

They took a punt on Coulibaye but he’s not played hardly any football in 3 years and I’m not sure what contribution he can make between now and the end of the season .

The obvious......Bruce Mtumbo McGinty Scobbie Jeffries 

13 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Couilbaye has been a gamble which looks like it has failed. I think Caldwell would move many on but the reality is the vast majority are unattractive to other teams, so we either have to pay them off or let their contracts run out. Who know what's affordable and of course we are hardly an attractive proposition at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The obvious......Bruce Mtumbo McGinty Scobbie Jeffries 

McGinty he’s here for another 18 months unfortunately, could probably add Niall Keown to that list , think Scobbie and Jeffries loans might have ended , trouble we’ve got is paying up contracts which end in May 2019 , 5 or 6 players getting their contacts paid up will cost the Club roughly £100k 

Just now, jlsarmy said:

You’re right , Caldwell has the right to do what he sees fit but at this moment despite us playing well for an hour on Saturday , he’s taken us on a journey to the very bottom of the second tier of Scottish football, we got rid of players who didn’t care about PTFC last year like Dumbaye , Osman , Booth and Barton quite rightly , this year Erskine hasn’t had much of a look in , think he’s only started 2 games under Caldwell yet persevered with the usual suspects, Storey, Quitongo etc 

He’s played Doolan in midfield, played young Aiden Fitzpatrick on the left hand side of midfield which is really beyond belief if you know what type of player Aiden is , whilst you’ve got an experienced guy like Erskine sitting on the bench.

In my opinion, in the position we’re in you want players who’ll burst a gut for you and care about the Club.

I’ve no idea where we’re going with this 

Hope he proves me wrong but we are going to the 1st division under this clown. If this is true it's the last act of a dying duck. A manager manages people and so far in his Thistle career he's shown, for the reasons you've highlighted, he's not cut out as a manager of people. Complete and utter clown of a man(ager). Great power point though.

Edited by Guest

Gary Caldwell wants Chris Erskine out the door asap. Erskine is an obvious candidate for Caldwell's Job.

Exactly the same could be said about Kris Doolan. However it's a bit trickier trying to bin someone during their testimonial season.

Erskine and Doolan as a double act, are currently idealy placed to take over the management reigns with immediate effect. Caldwell knows this only too well. Hence, Erskine has to go.

31 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

McGinty he’s here for another 18 months unfortunately, could probably add Niall Keown to that list , think Scobbie and Jeffries loans might have ended , trouble we’ve got is paying up contracts which end in May 2019 , 5 or 6 players getting their contacts paid up will cost the Club roughly £100k 

Yep. And all signed by Archibald. Add Brice, Coulibaye and Mutumbo into the mix and the elephant in the room becomes very very clear. Oh and for the record Storey and Spittal ( the guys who get it regularly on the forum ) both signed by Archie. In my opinion Caldwell and indeed any manager was tasked with turning round a very heavy tanker. A convient scapegoat for some....

6 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

Gary Caldwell wants Chris Erskine out the door asap. Erskine is an obvious candidate for Caldwell's Job.

Exactly the same could be said about Kris Doolan. However it's a bit trickier trying to bin someone during their testimonial season.

Erskine and Doolan as a double act, are currently idealy placed to take over the management reigns with immediate effect. Caldwell knows this only too well. Hence, Erskine has to go.

Erskine is not a candidate. Far too early. Even if Caldwell gets the bullet he has no chance. Nor Doolan. Get real. For those of us that witnessed the Britton and Whyte show that experiment failed spectacularly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

An obvious candidate? Erskine hasn’t managed or coach before so I very much doubt he would be an obvious choice

also where do you get this Doolan and erskine are ideal to take over the management reigns- ideal over Jim Goodwin? Ian McCall? billy Reid? I don’t think so. 

Just like Britton and whyte were ideal to take over? Even now there’s question marks over the overall success of Archie and Paterson- promotion, top 6, keeping us up so many years yes - but it wasn’t all perfect- struggled to sign decent players- some yes but there best players I always thought were largely McCall and McNamaras, some absolute wasters such as many in the currently squad could be identified as, relegation, complete failure to motivate a team in the playoffs etc

so I would love to know how they are ideal never having managed in their lives or be an obvious choice over someone like Jim Goodwin

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Think we need players in now, do you think if Coulibaye doesn’t play between now and the end of the season he’ll be offered a new deal ? 

I think Coulliabys agent has been very clever throughout this whole carryon. I expect Souleymane to be fully fit in the summer and go to someone like Killie. I can’t help but feel Partick Thistle has been used by Souleymanes agent 

31 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Yep. And all signed by Archibald. Add Brice, Coulibaye and Mutumbo into the mix and the elephant in the room becomes very very clear. Oh and for the record Storey and Spittal ( the guys who get it regularly on the forum ) both signed by Archie. In my opinion Caldwell and indeed any manager was tasked with turning round a very heavy tanker. A convient scapegoat for some....

I take it Caldwell didn't say in his interview that he could do next to nothing with the squad that the previous management team had assembled. We were told how he had analysed our squad and he was hired to get us promotion.Getting 6 points from 11 games is imo not being a scapegoat. At the moment his current record with us mirrors what he managed at Chesterfield and we know how well that worked out. I want this guy to succeed because he is manager of Partick Thistle, the team I have supported for more than 55 years. But I have serious doubts that it is going to work out well.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

Erskine is not a candidate. Far too early. Even if Caldwell gets the bullet he has no chance. Nor Doolan. Get real. For those of us that witnessed the Britton and Whyte show that experiment failed spectacularly.

Chris Erskine and Kris Doolan would not be my first choice of candidates for the Thistle job. Jim Goodwin or Ian McCall would be my preferred choice. But we are where we are and that's that.

However, let's suppose (not saying that it's going to happen) that Gary Caldwell's transfer dealings don't turn our fortunes around and we are still bottom of the league in 3 to 4 games. Then what? What would you be saying then?

From Gary Caldwell's point of view, it's a smart move to get rid of Erskine immediately, as it kills the option of a Erskine and Doolan management team replacing Caldwell and Kerr, who would then be able to secure their coats on the shoogly peg for a little while longer.

You may well be right and it is too early for Erskine and Doolan. However, sometimes you just have to take your chances when and where they come along. It's perhaps now or never.

Erskine and Doolan are clever men with good footballing brains and are loyal to our cause. If some of the leading lights at our club put in as much effort in trying to save us from the drop as they do practicing self promotion and self preservation, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in today.

We could do an awful lot worse than Erskine and Doolan.

• Confused 1