Caldwell

Jagsman

7 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

On official site, no problem with this and completely contrary to the rumours

Over the weekend, Partick Thistle received a formal enquiry from another Scottish club about the availability of Chris Erskine. In consultation with Chris that Club was given permission to speak to him. Following the enquiry, a private conversation took place between the manager and Chris. Chris is not being forced from Partick Thistle and the decision remains in his hands.

Chris remains part of the first team squad and will be treated with the respect that a player who has given so much to this football club deserves. Chris remains committed to the Club as he continues to prepare for Saturday’s game.

So not have a dozen clubs desperately wanting him.....? I'll say it again Chris has been part of a team failing in every respect since Dec 2017. As such he may be moved on. I will show my age and say my old hero Dennis McQueen was a similar player to Chris. Most loved him but a sizeable minority he infuriated. He got moved on when he was past his fabulous best. Would Chris keep this team up single handledly given the evidence or even make much of a difference? The jury is very much out. In saying that if he plays Saturday and we win....no problem with me. As long as we win. Simples

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

So not have a dozen clubs desperately wanting him.....? I'll say it again Chris has been part of a team failing in every respect since Dec 2017. As such he may be moved on. I will show my age and say my old hero Dennis McQueen was a similar player to Chris. Most loved him but a sizeable minority he infuriated. He got moved on when he was past his fabulous best. Would Chris keep this team up single handledly given the evidence or even make much of a difference? The jury is very much out. In saying that if he plays Saturday and we win....no problem with me. As long as we win. Simples

Mcquade! Lmao

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Rather surprised the Club has felt the need to put out a statement. 

Yes, now we know what all the wages on non-playing staff are spent on.

Statement seems to me a little bit like throwing Erskine under the bus - the implication being he was considering a move before "the private conversation" so y'all wind your necks in, and if this happens its not Garys fault - for Chesterfield board, now read Chris Erskine.

I really wouldn't think the club want a battle for hearts and minds on this issue.

15 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

On official site, no problem with this and completely contrary to the rumours

Over the weekend, Partick Thistle received a formal enquiry from another Scottish club about the availability of Chris Erskine. In consultation with Chris that Club was given permission to speak to him. Following the enquiry, a private conversation took place between the manager and Chris. Chris is not being forced from Partick Thistle and the decision remains in his hands.

Chris remains part of the first team squad and will be treated with the respect that a player who has given so much to this football club deserves. Chris remains committed to the Club as he continues to prepare for Saturday’s game.

I find it a rather strange statement - why refer to a Private Conversation ? Why state he will get the respect he deserves? - surely someone of his stature or any Player gets that automatically - why state there is a formal inquiry ?  - these things are not made public in Football - sorry this is a very poor statement in my opinion  -and does nothing to quash rumours ( it could be argued adds fuel to the fire ) by some of the strange wording   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

That utterly sounds like Chris will be given the respect that he deserves but Gary Caldwell is quite happy for him to assess all options until he decides to leave.

Gary Caldwell is a charlatan who should be nowhere near our football club.

So....forum asks for statement. Gets a statement and still not happy. Best get those burning torches out.

Just now, jaf said:

Yes, now we know what all the wages on non-playing staff are spent on.

Statement seems to me a little bit like throwing Erskine under the bus - the implication being he was considering a move before "the private conversation" so y'all wind your necks in, and if this happens its not Garys fault - for Chesterfield board, now read Chris Erskine.

I really wouldn't think the club want a battle for hearts and minds on this issue.

Exactly !!!

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I find it a rather strange statement - why refer to a Private Conversation ? Why state he will get the respect he deserves? - surely someone of his stature or any Player gets that automatically - why state there is a formal inquiry ?  - these things are not made public in Football - sorry this is a very poor statement in my opinion  -and does nothing to quash rumours ( it could be argued adds fuel to the fire ) by some of the strange wording   

What should the statement have said?

7 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You read it wrongly JJ.  There is no formal inquiry -  it was a formal enquiry from the other club.

2 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Perhaps that's the case. I did ask you earlier what you'd heard, but I don't think you've replied yet.

I did say what I heard was rumours, it was second hand, and came from, oh, a private conversation, and so its not for repeating here.

Do I believe it though? yes

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

As I said earlier, if it's the case that Caldwell wants Erskine out, then he can precede him out of the door.

And what if the manager doesn't want Chris out, but Chris isn't happy with the role he's been asked to play and chooses to leave?

Playing devils advocate, what if the manager sees Chris as a disruptive influence?

Can anyone here say they know for certain what's going on behind the scenes? No, but it's much easier to polish the halo of a club legend while vilifying the guy that replaced another club legend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

And what if the manager doesn't want Chris out, but Chris isn't happy with the role he's been asked to play and chooses to leave?

Playing devils advocate, what if the manager sees Chris as a disruptive influence?

Can anyone here say they know for certain what's going on behind the scenes? No, but it's much easier to polish the halo of a club legend while vilifying the guy that replaced another club legend.

You are right no one can say for certain what is happening behind the scenes.

If your speculation number one is correct, then why would the club allow him to speak to another club (especially if in our division) if they wanted to keep him?

If your speculation number two is correct, why would the club be so happy for him to stay?

The statement contradicts both of your scenarios.