Caldwell

Jagsman

I'd say Caldwell is doing a pretty good job. He's managed to get us above Falkirk already!

"Promotion will always be the aim until it is mathematically impossible, but the Jags desperately need to start putting together a run of wins. A good starting point would be against Falkirk this weekend, with the Bairns just below them at the bottom of the table".

There seems to be a false narrative that criticism of Calwell is a defence of Alan Archibald. I haven't seen anyone in a long time defending Alan Archibald's performance in his last season and a bit. I think virtually everyone accepts that his signings in that period were poor. And in any case, he's gone.

Only argument I'm interested in is whether Caldwell can make us successful. 

33 minutes ago, allyo said:

There seems to be a false narrative that criticism of Calwell is a defence of Alan Archibald. I haven't seen anyone in a long time defending Alan Archibald's performance in his last season and a bit. I think virtually everyone accepts that his signings in that period were poor. And in any case, he's gone.

Sandy does.  It looks to me like he truly hates Caldwell in everything he says. Sandy doesn’t even go to many games but seems to know what’s going on in the dressing room strangely enough. Seems to have had it in for him since he replaced Archie 

dont get me wrong I’m disappointed at the results so far albeit it I’ve put some weight that he is only now bringing in his signings- but if he loses the next 3 games he has to go and no amount of PR I won’t get any particular delight from him being sacked though I suspect sandy will in fact almost think he is hoping we get beaten by Falkirk on Saturday so he can gloat.

interestingly if Archie goes to Dunfermline will he go and watch them, seemed to carry on as though it was Alan Archibald FC rather than Partick Thistle 

2 hours ago, watties wallies said:

he should "stop digging"

concentrate on the day job, get the players,  all the players on side, and lets start climbing this league

massive game on Saturday

this article is  maybe another wee bit of PR prompting by :thinking:

Agreed.

I was not impressed when I heard him on Radio Scotland 2 weeks into the job, then he did that interview with the guy from Peterhead.

It seems clear he likes to talk ( and indeed is quite good at it). His favourite subject seems to be Gary Caldwell and how he achieved so much from his career despite being shit.

If he was doing the business for us I would not have a problem with him promoting himself all over the media. The point is, however, that he is not doing the business for us, so I would much prefer if he kept his mouth shut and concentrated on the job in hand.

26 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Sandy does.  It looks to me like he truly hates Caldwell in everything he says. Sandy doesn’t even go to many games but seems to know what’s going on in the dressing room strangely enough. Seems to have had it in for him since he replaced Archie 

dont get me wrong I’m disappointed at the results so far albeit it I’ve put some weight that he is only now bringing in his signings- but if he loses the next 3 games he has to go and no amount of PR I won’t get any particular delight from him being sacked though I suspect sandy will in fact almost think he is hoping we get beaten by Falkirk on Saturday so he can gloat.

interestingly if Archie goes to Dunfermline will he go and watch them, seemed to carry on as though it was Alan Archibald FC rather than Partick Thistle 

Oh mate, you didn’t read my posts. I said I believe other posters who are credible with their opinions.

How do you know I don’t attend many games? I am a ST holder. And player sponsor. 

You are barking up a wrong tree...

eta Dunfermline is too far for me to go btw!! You silly boy.

Edited by sandy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thru thin and thin said:

I have been a Jags supporter for 55 or so years, and I have never seen anything like the current situation that has been created internally by the Club, in all my days!

That article is dated today and is an obvious PR ploy to establish that GC's way is the only way!

It is me, me ,me all over it! This guy is making Donald Trump sound reasonable!

I can hear him now - bedazzling our Chairperson with his "do not listen to the Fake News" that the fans are rolling out on every platform. "They no nothing about the game of football! - Only  I the magnificent Caldwell possesses the knowledge required"

"Only I can switch the dugouts - create a Whats App scouting system - attempt to turn around an oil tanker, and make the comfortable feel uncomfortable"

Aye, but he cannae win an effen FITBA MATCH!

Is this the 1st of April, or what?

I am convinced he will be wearing a David Icke shellsuit in the dugout on Saturday!

It beggars belief that the Board are allowing our great football club to be turned into a laughing stock like this!

Partick Thistle Football Club is not the place for such an incompetent charlatan!

He has to be removed, for his own sake, never mind the future of the Jags!

Have not a clue what to expect on Saturday!

Ran out of likes.

• Like 1

Inspired by LCD Soundsystem...

’Partick Thistle I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down’

No idea what’s going on, what the point of the Erakine statement was etc etc. Biggest worry for me, and I’m sure I’m not alone, is that I care less than I’m sure I used to, which is sad.

God, that promotion winning season seems so long ago today.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sandy said:

Oh mate, you didn’t read my posts. I said I believe other posters who are credible with their opinions.

How do you know I don’t attend many games? I am a ST holder. And player sponsor. 

You are barking up a wrong tree...

eta Dunfermline is too far for me to go btw!! You silly boy.

Haha brilliant response sandy - touche

though I noticed you didn’t deny hating him or being pleased if he got the sack ;-)

14 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Haha brilliant response sandy - touche

though I noticed you didn’t deny hating him or being pleased if he got the sack ;-)

I’m not accountable to you for any of my views.

The fact is Caldwell has taken us to the foot of the table. As a Jags fan, that worries me. Doesn’t it worry you? 

1 minute ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree.

That’s just it AJ. If we stand back and look at our table position, how can anyone say we are progressing forwards?

We go down to tier 3 and the darkness enfolds us for a considerable time. It’s untenable, at least for me.

10 minutes ago, sandy said:

That’s just it AJ. If we stand back and look at our table position, how can anyone say we are progressing forwards?

We go down to tier 3 and the darkness enfolds us for a considerable time. It’s untenable, at least for me.

Agree with you. We can only hope we can get a victory on Saturday.

Read the Gary Caldwell ( football manager ) interview, or should that be Gary the philosopher on life .

I personally think Gary Caldwell is wasted as a football manager, possibly better suited to working with Saatchi and Saatchi where he can work all day on his buzz words / sayings and power point presentations 

Self praise Gary isn’t really praise at all and best enjoy it while you can because I believe the clock is ticking and possibly a new career path for you .

The most ridiculous thing he said in the interview was the first thing I look for in a player is character. Really ? maybe that is where he’s going wrong .

3 hours ago, allyo said:

Fair comment. The question is how much time. We have had guys on here after 3 games of the new regime.....calling for his head. There are some on here desperate for us to fail....just so Caldwell can be removed. I hope the team makes ground during this crucial period....not because I want to imagine them foaming at the mouth, but because I want us to win. It's what supporters do.

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I must say the 'turning a tanker round' was about as hackneyed, worn out and infective as you could get. Like his tactics and team selection so far. 

Cauld Kale, sorry Caldwell,  is turning into an Alan Partridge/David Brent parody of a manager.

The Third Reich had better PR.

I think you are losing the plot comparing a football team to a fascist regime. Surely Stalin would be more appropriate? 

39 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Read the Gary Caldwell ( football manager ) interview, or should that be Gary the philosopher on life .

I personally think Gary Caldwell is wasted as a football manager, possibly better suited to working with Saatchi and Saatchi where he can work all day on his buzz words / sayings and power point presentations 

Self praise Gary isn’t really praise at all and best enjoy it while you can because I believe the clock is ticking and possibly a new career path for you .

The most ridiculous thing he said in the interview was the first thing I look for in a player is character. Really ? maybe that is where he’s going wrong .

I'm getting a feeling your not a fan. This is like paying to watch a film where you hate the actors, the plot, everything.....just so you can say I told you that film was shite.