Stranraer Cup Game

scotty

Ok we won 4-1 but it wasn’t a 4-1 performance if you follow me 

Hazard had two key saves at crucial points in the game 

cardle  was a positive Roy was a disappointment 

Fitzpatrick scored a good goal and missed a sitter....you can see his potential but he also has a lot to improve 

defence is really concerning we could have easily conceded 2/3 more 

I shudder to think how we woukd do with out Bannigan 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Because you want Caldwell out at any cost. Your first comment after the win utterly negative. Now that's idiotic 

Yes I want Caldwell out because I don’t think he’s the right man for the job - I have never hidden that. But to suggest I want the team to lose to facilitate that is ludicrous. The comment was somewhat tongue in cheek. Sorry to hear you don’t have a sense of humour. Enjoy your night.

1 minute ago, Big Col said:

Yes I want Caldwell out because I don’t think he’s the right man for the job - I have never hidden that. But to suggest I want the team to lose to facilitate that is ludicrous. The comment was somewhat tongue in cheek. Sorry to hear you don’t have a sense of humour. Enjoy your night.

I will. We won. As for sense of humour much needed supporting thistle the last 47 years.....

Just now, dl1971 said:

I will. We won. As for sense of humour much needed supporting thistle the last 47 years.....

Absolutely agree. If we didn’t laugh we’d cry.

And for the record, I am overjoyed we won today because it’s been bloody grim so far this season. At least the beers tonight are celebratory ones. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok we won 4-1 but it wasn’t a 4-1 performance if you follow me 

Hazard had two key saves at crucial points in the game 

cardle  was a positive Roy was a disappointment 

Fitzpatrick scored a good goal and missed a sitter....you can see his potential but he also has a lot to improve 

defence is really concerning we could have easily conceded 2/3 more 

I shudder to think how we woukd do with out Bannigan 

cardle played well  kept pushing the game at pace

defence needs sorting now

Totally controlled the game apart from the twenty minute spell between Stranraer goal and Saunders' header. A lapse of concentration for the goal and another couple which could have cost us but thankfully didn't.

Apart from that it was one way traffic and should have scored more.

Would need to see more of Roy. Made some intelligent runs but didn't do much in possession. Good to see Fitzy get a goal but wasteful on a few occasions. Often the case though with wingers and especially one so young.

We improved drastically when Slater went off/Harkins came on.

Good win and it was a refreshing change to enjoy the game. Well, 70 minutes of it anyway.