Ptfc Trust Update

elevenone

8 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Wow just Wow - I will let Laura Muir Know that next time I pass her when Im running along Maryhill Road and she is battering in a Speed Session in between Shifts at the Vet Hospital in Garscube Estate - If you dont have self motivation you are not a Competitive Sportsperson - you are kidding yourself on ( like a lot of our Players tbh ) they should go find a job as they arent really interested in a Career in Football  

deluded by your own verbosity, do you get out much

Edited by Guest

On 3/25/2019 at 1:44 PM, Jordanhill Jag said:

Wow just Wow - I will let Laura Muir Know that next time I pass her when Im running along Maryhill Road and she is battering in a Speed Session in between Shifts at the Vet Hospital in Garscube Estate - If you dont have self motivation you are not a Competitive Sportsperson - you are kidding yourself on ( like a lot of our Players tbh ) they should go find a job as they arent really interested in a Career in Football  

Case for the crown rests :clapping:

Motivation comes in many forms:thumbsup:

Just now, javeajag said:

I was relaxed about the Tenerife trip as others foamed at the mouth......clearly turned out to have been helpful and the last goal yesterday clearly came off the training ground .....but carry on 

Exactly.

Funny how everything that comes out of the club is aggressively attacked by sections of the support, especially in Social Media circles. We all know everything is far from rosy and mistakes have been made but we’re better focussing on the task at hand of staying up then see if we can make a decent fist of promotion next season. I feel we have the core of the squad to do that. They have the talent in a lot of cases and hopefully the fitness and mental attitudes are catching up.

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Talking of training grounds, has anyone heard anything else?

It's going ahead, players report there on Monday 17th June, doing full preseason there, and then for the season they fly back to Glasgow day before each game and fly back out the night or morning after each game.

That way they get to live and bond with each other throughout whole season, the trip last week was just a dry run for the full thing in 2019/20 onwards, as the club believes the £4-7m can be spent better this way.

Kirkys dead, long live Tenerife.

* Okay, not heard this until I typed it, but now I believe it :sarcastic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, jagfox said:

Exactly.

Funny how everything that comes out of the club is aggressively attacked by sections of the support, especially in Social Media circles. We all know everything is far from rosy and mistakes have been made but we’re better focussing on the task at hand of staying up then see if we can make a decent fist of promotion next season. I feel we have the core of the squad to do that. They have the talent in a lot of cases and hopefully the fitness and mental attitudes are catching up.

Not disagreeing with what your saying just the bit about a decent core signed up for next season- there’s quite a few worryingly out of contract or their loans end that I would be keen to retain too that could be a big part of success next season- McDonald, Doolan Spittal, Anderson, McMillan, Elliott are all out of contract there’s probably a fair few others as well 

On 3/31/2019 at 9:29 AM, javeajag said:

I was relaxed about the Tenerife trip as others foamed at the mouth......clearly turned out to have been helpful and the last goal yesterday clearly came off the training ground .....but carry on 

But you werent relaxed about Archie last Season and currently we are 1 point ahead of the relegation zone - the increased concern from a lot of Fans ( including myself) is that relegation last Year was something we had been only just avioding for a few Seasons - Relegation this Year is a complete disaster for the Club - Caldwell ( hopefully will keep us up ) but if he jst manages to scrape it - then he should Go - we had an additional £1 Million in the Parachute Payment compared to most other Clubs - he was employed to get us promoted - most Fans will take survival - which shows how far we have fallen - Tenerife - well the Teams above us didnt need it - but maybe our Squad needs Special Motivition - still not out of the Woods by a long shot      

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

But you werent relaxed about Archie last Season and currently we are 1 point ahead of the relegation zone - the increased concern from a lot of Fans ( including myself) is that relegation last Year was something we had been only just avioding for a few Seasons - Relegation this Year is a complete disaster for the Club - Caldwell ( hopefully will keep us up ) but if he jst manages to scrape it - then he should Go - we had an additional £1 Million in the Parachute Payment compared to most other Clubs - he was employed to get us promoted - most Fans will take survival - which shows how far we have fallen - Tenerife - well the Teams above us didnt need it - but maybe our Squad needs Special Motivition - still not out of the Woods by a long shot      

I agree wholeheartedly that we have fallen a long way. If we do stay up it is fairly likely to only be by a few points. I'm being realistic. It may be more. It could be on goal difference. The thing I'm looking at is momentum. The stats show we have it from January. It that continues on a similar vein ( e.g. the stats show we are top 3 or 4 since Jan but only just avoid relegation ) you think we should sack Caldwell? Nb how much of the £1m parachute fee did Caldwell get? 

The only way to judge whether the week in Tenerife was the decisive factor in the victory on Saturday would have been to have had a control experiment in which an equivalent Thistle team stayed and trained in Glasgow and played against an equivalent Morton team in a Cappielow equivalent stadium.

We could have resurrected our old Meadowside Stadium from the early 1900s (though I suspect that even now it would be in better condition than Cappielow) and wheeled over the Finnieston Crane to replicate that Greenock dockland ambience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2019 at 9:29 AM, javeajag said:

“clearly”

On 3/31/2019 at 4:04 PM, dl1971 said:

Just read this thread. I'm sure if we had lost yesterday those who rubbished the Tenerife trip would have been on here giving it I told you so. I don't see any signs of humble pie so far. 

Ehm, I doubted the Tenerife expense but I also posted that I was delighted with the win yesterday. 

But one Spanish swallow does not make a Glaswegian Summer ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

This. Stevie Clarke would have had us hooring up the table without the need for silly sideshows.

Our season has been appallingly disappointing.  Scraping survival in the second tier, when we changed manager in October to gain us promotion, is no cause for celebration. We have accepted a bar that is too low.

We are better than this, and I want better in Season 2019/20.

Edited by sandy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Maybe not, but marinated in an oloroso sherry, pan fried with shallots and served alongside patatas bravas, it's a popular little delicacy. 

Quite m’lady. But what about Pedro Ximinez to push the boat out? Or should that be Galleon?!

Edited by sandy

12 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Negatory pigpen 

7 hours ago, sandy said:

This. Stevie Clarke would have had us hooring up the table without the need for silly sideshows.

Our season has been appallingly disappointing.  Scraping survival in the second tier, when we changed manager in October to gain us promotion, is no cause for celebration. We have accepted a bar that is too low.

We are better than this, and I want better in Season 2019/20.

Well ‘clearly’ you can predict managerial success which is why you resisted changing the last manager which is the cause of our current problems .....Stevie Clarke might have us up the table who could know but not with the squad we started the season with 

promotion this season was never a likliehood 

14 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You are the doom and gloom Victor Meldrew of the forum.  

Archie is gone JJ, he was a club legend who did well as manager but stayed too long and left us in a horrible mess. 

As for Tenerife - Caldwell is trying something different and it seems to have had a positive effect so far. 

If we had the £1 million parachute payment as you say - how much actually went to the player budget as Archie couldn't even field a full compliment of substitutes at the start of the season.

We are not out of the woods yet as you say but Gary Caldwell WILL keep us up. Have faith in Big Heed.

And as for the training ground? I'm sure someone will ask Gerry Britton at the PTFC Trust AGM soon and we will know more.