Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

19 minutes ago, dali said:

image.png.862268a4475543ac3e359023930129ac.png

Boys big game on Saturday. They need to be reminded that Saturday's game is a big one? And you can only pick players from our squad, so no fantasy football league type starting 11.  This looks like something that might be sent in a Sunday league/ pub team.

1 minute ago, dali said:

Agree to disagree @dl1971 , pretty toxic way of man management IMHO - basically a popularity contest to choose a team on Saturday and a massive shirking of any kind of responsibility.  The Louis Walsh of our times (and everyone knows what happened the boys in that particular clique).  What good can come out of this type of exercise?

The answer is we don't know? We are not in the dressing room....unless there are players on the forum. In my amateur career ( a while back ) I wouldn't have bothered. Maybe it's about who players trust to do the job on he park? A mental inside? I'd be surprised if this *idea had never been tried before. I'll say it again 95% of our fan base couldn't care less about what goes on in the dressing room. 

5 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

The answer is we don't know? We are not in the dressing room....unless there are players on the forum. In my amateur career ( a while back ) I wouldn't have bothered. Maybe it's about who players trust to do the job on he park? A mental inside? I'd be surprised if this *idea had never been tried before. I'll say it again 95% of our fan base couldn't care less about what goes on in the dressing room. 

Would you pull a stunt like that before the most important game of the season ?

Mr Caldwell was getting ridiculed a bit tonight by players and fans alike as he left the Sponsors night early to go on a Scouting mission , maybe it’s a Spurs player or an Ajax player ? we’re getting for next season 

There is very little togetherness within the squad .

It kind of reads like this is the first time they have asked the players to hand in a team selection. If so its crazy for such a big game.

What are they going to do with the players choices? If you get enough votes do you get a starting spot?

or will the players papers never see the light of day and whatever 11 Caldwell was going to pick all alone will be told they were selected by the players and have their full confidence? Is this some half baked nonsense motivation attempt?

Caldwell and Kerr are turning us into a joke

29 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

game ,set and match for oor gary

makes you wonder what else has been going on

is this the pr professionalism that has been brought to the club ?

Maybe check some of the players Instagram posts to see the diets they have, which may explain some of them blowing out their bums recently. Now if the fans can see these surely the management can,  building yourself up on junk food and pop isn’t exactly professional athlete material 

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Would you pull a stunt like that before the most important game of the season ?

Mr Caldwell was getting ridiculed a bit tonight by players and fans alike as he left the Sponsors night early to go on a Scouting mission , maybe it’s a Spurs player or an Ajax player ? we’re getting for next season 

There is very little togetherness within the squad .

I don't know the inside story but it appears you do. Fair enough. It could backfire. It might not. The bottom line is whoever the team is goes out all guns blazing. That comes from within not the manager. Maybe some players will use it as a convenient excuse to not play well. I don't accept that. Do it for the supporters. Simple 

Edited by dl1971
Typo

Appreciate your point, results come first always.  However the fact that it was leaked means at least one (and let's be honest, probably more than one) player's not happy with how things are going in the dressing room and based on the evidence presented, who can blame them?  Be that player Ally Roy or some other outcast, I don't see how this informs any decision outwith establishing any underlying divisions within the squad, which may well be the intent.  This team needs a massive overhaul imo, starting with those in charge.  It starts with the manager getting the tactics and mindset right for a particular opponent.

6 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Aye shocking. How dare he spend some time with his family. He should be in the stocks after we get beat, made to listen to the forum posts being read to him on a continuous loop of windbaggerry.

You ok?

44 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

game ,set and match for oor gary

makes you wonder what else has been going on

is this the pr professionalism that has been brought to the club ?

This is a great point, I am of course assuming you are referring to the PR guru.

Yes Gary is the manager and he tells Brian Kerr to send this memo then Brian has to do it. That's what is discipline in the work place. But every organisation has someone at the head. The chairperson, in this case jlow. This is all happening on her watch. She has to shoulder at least some blame.

Then there's the senior players. Dools, harkins, are probably the most senior employee players. The other old heads are on loan. The senior players should be managing the other players a little better, or is that too harsh, and not allowing this type of thing to leak out. In yesteryear, this would have been very unlikely to have happened. The older heads would have more control. Bit of a mess really.

I'd be keen to hear what other players thought of the memo and what they think of the "leak".

Just gotta hope the players remain together to get us over the line and perhaps influence the board during the close season. Surely GB will be aware of player mood, he can't be that detached.

16 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I don't know the inside story but it appears you do. Fair enough. It could backfire. It might not. The bottom line is whoever the team is goes out all guns blazing. That comes from within not the manager. Maybe some players will use it as a convenient excuse to not play well. I don't accept that. Do it for the supporters. Simple 

dl1971, it seems you are trying to defend the increasingly bizarre tactics (antics) of a shambolic management team. 

Very few of us here now believe Caldwell should be here next season. He has been well and truly rumbled. 

I want better for the Jags whichever league we play in next season.  

15 minutes ago, dali said:

Appreciate your point, results come first always.  However the fact that it was leaked means at least one (and let's be honest, probably more than one) player's not happy with how things are going in the dressing room and based on the evidence presented, who can blame them?  Be that player Ally Roy or some other outcast, I don't see how this informs any decision outwith establishing any underlying divisions within the squad, which may well be the intent.  This team needs a massive overhaul imo, starting with those in charge.  It starts with the manager getting the tactics and mindset right for a particular opponent.

if it is roy then that will give gc a reason to pull the trigger and give him the bullet  :thumbsup2:

time for me medication 

20 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

They should be doing it for themselves first and foremost. Manager supported board should come after. It's their career, their reputations. All we ask is they are good professionals and get us over the line

21 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Is it not the managers job to motivate the players? Not that they should need much motivation for a game like Saturday's.

Just now, sandy said:

dl1971, it seems you are trying to defend the increasingly bizarre tactics (antics) of a shambolic management team. 

Very few of us here now believe Caldwell should be here next season. He has been well and truly rumbled. 

I want better for the Jags whichever league we play in next season.  

I'm providing the alternative view sandy old bean. I don't agree with your many assertion. The balance on that will shift one way or the other after Saturday. In the meantime chill.

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

I'm providing the alternative view sandy old bean. I don't agree with your many assertion. The balance on that will shift one way or the other after Saturday. In the meantime chill.

I’m chilled, it was you that was getting fraught when I said I was disappointed our manager chose not to attend a PoTY awards thing. 

Lambie et al knew the importance of fans. 

1 minute ago, sandy said:

I’m chilled, it was you that was getting fraught when I said I was disappointed our manager chose not to attend a PoTY awards thing. 

Lambie et al knew the importance of fans. 

Fraught? I think not. It's a forum. I don't get over wrought about my team. It has served me well over the long years. 

5 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Gerry Britton on STV news tonight saying we have a good launch pad to go and do well next season. Highlighting we have improved since January. Lets hope he is right.

Orwell might call that Double-Speak

• admin locked this topic