Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Springburnjag

Fan Ownership Working Group

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, scotty said:

So, maybe it did need "Fan Ownership"  ................ !

Not convinced - the actual Ownership of the Club is a Mute point - its how much influence the Fans can have on the Club 

And under OneThistle they had a Major Influence on Matchday - everything from Matchday Experience - Catering - Stewarding all with direct influence from the Fans 

However there was a change of who was influencing and controlling things at the Club and OneThistle etc were deemed not required 

It is however worth noting that the OneThistle Concept made its way into a EUFA Handbook of Best Practice for Fan Engagement -

Just Scottish Football is all about Wee Empires & Egos 

Will we ever see true Fan Ownership at PTFC - not convinced  

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 3:43 PM, Jordanhill Jag said:

Not convinced - the actual Ownership of the Club is a Mute point - its how much influence the Fans can have on the Club 

And under OneThistle they had a Major Influence on Matchday - everything from Matchday Experience - Catering - Stewarding all with direct influence from the Fans 

However there was a change of who was influencing and controlling things at the Club and OneThistle etc were deemed not required 

It is however worth noting that the OneThistle Concept made its way into a EUFA Handbook of Best Practice for Fan Engagement -

Just Scottish Football is all about Wee Empires & Egos 

Will we ever see true Fan Ownership at PTFC - not convinced  

 

 

 

 

You have made me all nostalgic about the days of direct fan involvement helping the Club, JJ :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Hopefully this means we will have a clear timetable within a month.

It’s better news. And led by someone who seems to have business acumen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Hopefully this means we will have a clear timetable within a month.

Seems a lot to be done in a month, not sure why resources would be used on a new name

to seek agreement from fans on a name for the new entity as soon as possible, identifying a method then beginning consultations from September 7th – 18th, with announcement on 21st September”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jaggymct said:
Quote

despite there being little visibility in recent months, substantive work was ongoing behind the scenes

Seems, to me, more like a body rising from slumber.

46 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Seems a lot to be done in a month, not sure why resources would be used on a new name

to seek agreement from fans on a name for the new entity as soon as possible, identifying a method then beginning consultations from September 7th – 18th, with announcement on 21st September”

The lockdown months were a great opportunity to engage with fans. Many will have been not working or furloughed with plenty of time and headspace for engagement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

 

The lockdown months were a great opportunity to engage with fans. Many will have been not working or furloughed with plenty of time and headspace for engagement.

Agreed an opportunity lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

How can we name an entity before really having a clue what that entity will be or how it will work? 

"God" knows.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

How can we name an entity before really having a clue what that entity will be or how it will work? 

How important is the name? Surely the content is what matters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

How important is the name? Surely the content is what matters

Exactly what I’m saying. Yet naming this new body seems to be the first step in the process? Weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Exactly what I’m saying. Yet naming this new body seems to be the first step in the process? Weird. 

They will name it the Jacqui Low comedy club and put her in charge, pretty much already there just need the name granted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Exactly what I’m saying. Yet naming this new body seems to be the first step in the process? Weird. 

How many UK Govt or Scottish Govt policies have been announced with a great name, but no substance and fail to work or even to actually launch. Seems to be the “modern world”  make it sound catchy and then determine how it’ll work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

How many UK Govt or Scottish Govt policies have been announced with a great name, but no substance and fail to work or even to actually launch. Seems to be the “modern world”  make it sound catchy and then determine how it’ll work

And closer to home - TAG

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pinhead said:

This whole fan ownership is doomed to failure!

Absolutely. And deliberately so. J. Low will just flannel everything and stay in complete control. And those who have bought this stuff? Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see we have added 3 directors to the board

- Michael Robertson 

- Alan Rough

- Douglas Noble

whilst Charan Gill has stepped down. This gives us a board of 8 persons (plus Gerry) for a 1st division club with a home attendance of around 1800 fans.

For context, Liverpool have 7 board members including owner and non-executive (Kenny Dalglish)

 

It seems strange to pad out the board when we’ve been told we are speeding up the transfer to the fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

I see we have added 3 directors to the board

- Michael Robertson 

- Alan Rough

- Douglas Noble

whilst Charan Gill has stepped down. This gives us a board of 8 persons (plus Gerry) for a 1st division club with a home attendance of around 1800 fans.

For context, Liverpool have 7 board members including owner and non-executive (Kenny Dalglish)

 

It seems strange to pad out the board when we’ve been told we are speeding up the transfer to the fans

Alan Rough again? Jesus!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Alan Rough again? Jesus!

A board of 8 plus Gerry for a club of our size and current stature / turnover is appalling 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×