Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Big Wull

New manager/coach

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Can you try and see 10-0 on Tuesday ?

I wish I could! But.....players back in on monday for a light session then I will give them team talk for next match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonights team talk "Right team, were on a great run just now, 1more push and it's 1 hand on the title. Make no mistake.....cove are fighting for this title too, so make sure 1st to every 2nd ball, with our passing no daft tippy tappy! An early goal will give us a real lift, but also it will mentally tire them. They will have no option but to come at us, weather the storm, and as they attack it will leave them open in midfiled/defence. Thats when we need to take our chances and get a 2nd goal. They will mentally collapse, then physicall tire. DO NOT ease up...keep at them, we have come to far to roll over, so COME ON, GET OUT THEIR AND DO WHAT I KNOW YOU CAN!" Send them out to pick.up 3pts and nearly the league.

Edited by Big Wull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

Tonights team talk "Right team, were on a great run just now, 1more push and it's 1 hand on the title. Make no mistake.....cove are fighting for this title too, so make sure 1st to every 2nd ball, with our passing no daft tippy tappy! An early goal will give us a real lift, but also it will mentally tire them. They will have no option but to come at us, weather the storm, and as they attack it will leave them open in midfiled/defence. Thats when we need to take our chances and get a 2nd goal. They will mentally collapse, then physicall tire. DO NOT ease up...keep at them, we have come to far to roll over, so COME ON, GET OUT THEIR AND DO WHAT I KNOW YOU CAN!" Send them out to pick.up 3pts and nearly the league.

That's inspired me! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Tonights team talk "Right team, were on a great run just now, 1more push and it's 1 hand on the title. Make no mistake.....cove are fighting for this title too, so make sure 1st to every 2nd ball, with our passing no daft tippy tappy! An early goal will give us a real lift, but also it will mentally tire them. They will have no option but to come at us, weather the storm, and as they attack it will leave them open in midfiled/defence. Thats when we need to take our chances and get a 2nd goal. They will mentally collapse, then physicall tire. DO NOT ease up...keep at them, we have come to far to roll over, so COME ON, GET OUT THEIR AND DO WHAT I KNOW YOU CAN!" Send them out to pick.up 3pts and nearly the league.

Before you tout your PowerPoints around the manager employment circus, best put it through a spellchecker .... "THEIR" .... tut tut ! (a few apostrophes missing too)

Lets hope that the players don't notice and are inspired to get 3 points, without putting my fingernails through some last minute onychophagy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Before you tout your PowerPoints around the manager employment circus, best put it through a spellchecker .... "THEIR" .... tut tut ! (a few apostrophes missing too)

Lets hope that the players don't notice and are inspired to get 3 points, without putting my fingernails through some last minute onychophagy 

I reckon 99.9% of fitba' players (even Thistle players) don't know much about or give a rat's erse about spelling or punctuation. What they do want to know about is how to win the next game, with inspiring instructions and tactics from the boss; in this case, Big Wull!

No onychophagy for me later, but probably a few instances of trichotillomania.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

I reckon 99.9% of fitba' players (even Thistle players) don't know much about or give a rat's erse about spelling or punctuation. What they do want to know about is how to win the next game, with inspiring instructions and tactics from the boss; in this case, Big Wull!

No onychophagy for me later, but probably a few instances of trichotillomania.

Correct mate, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Tonights team talk "Right team, were on a great run just now, 1more push and it's 1 hand on the title. Make no mistake.....cove are fighting for this title too, so make sure 1st to every 2nd ball, with our passing no daft tippy tappy! An early goal will give us a real lift, but also it will mentally tire them. They will have no option but to come at us, weather the storm, and as they attack it will leave them open in midfiled/defence. Thats when we need to take our chances and get a 2nd goal. They will mentally collapse, then physicall tire. DO NOT ease up...keep at them, we have come to far to roll over, so COME ON, GET OUT THEIR AND DO WHAT I KNOW YOU CAN!" Send them out to pick.up 3pts and nearly the league.

If only it was that easy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from the 3 points, Big Wul calls it again. Early goal, not giving up and second goal. Can you do a rousing team talk for tomorrow and get us over the line? Mon the Jags

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make it a good yin Big Wull and in the 25th century, you’ll be amongst the firmament of greatest speeches of all time alongside Lincoln’s Gettysburg address & MLK’s I have a dream.

Perhaps an adapted version of Churchill’s WW2 one ... “ We shall fight them on the Nollie!” :thumbsup2:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

Make it a good yin Big Wull and in the 25th century, you’ll be amongst the firmament of greatest speeches of all time alongside Lincoln’s Gettysburg address & MLK’s I have a dream.

Perhaps an adapted version of Churchill’s WW2 one ... “ We shall fight them on the Nollie!” :thumbsup2:

Or Aragorn at the Gates of Mordor

THIS DAY WE FIGHT!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CrimeWriterJag said:

Apart from the 3 points, Big Wul calls it again. Early goal, not giving up and second goal. Can you do a rousing team talk for tomorrow and get us over the line? Mon the Jags

 

I'll do my best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonights team talk " Right lads, listen up. We only need to win tonight and we are the champs, no doubt/goal difference /points per game. Our run since the restart has been great,  so....Im going to ask you for 1 more big game. There not the best team in the league, we are. So go out and play as if its your last ever game, no regrets just rewards. Get an early goal and we will step up a gear. Run your socks off. I know you will do it, because your good enough. Go and win us the league" then I open dressing room door and shake every hand as they go by without saying another word.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Or Aragorn at the Gates of Mordor

That's where I had my first ever pint, The Aragorn in Byres Rd. :) Think it was the same week the Beatles released Revolver.

Btw just worked out that up until Monday this week this has been by far the longest spell I've never been in a pub.

Sorry, team, carry on. We're All Big Wull tonight :thumbsup2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's where I had my first ever pint, The Aragorn in Byres Rd. :) Think it was the same week the Beatles released Revolver.

Btw just worked out that up until Monday this week this has been by far the longest spell I've never been in a pub.

Sorry, team, carry on. We're All Big Wull tonight :thumbsup2:

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's where I had my first ever pint, The Aragorn in Byres Rd. :) Think it was the same week the Beatles released Revolver.

Btw just worked out that up until Monday this week this has been by far the longest spell I've never been in a pub.

Sorry, team, carry on. We're All Big Wull tonight :thumbsup2:

As long as we get three pints tonight! Sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Tonights team talk " Right lads, listen up. We only need to win tonight and we are the champs, no doubt/goal difference /points per game. Our run since the restart has been great,  so....Im going to ask you for 1 more big game. There not the best team in the league, we are. So go out and play as if its your last ever game, no regrets just rewards. Get an early goal and we will step up a gear. Run your socks off. I know you will do it, because your good enough. Go and win us the league" then I open dressing room door and shake every hand as they go by without saying another word.

So far so good at half time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Wull, what's the lottery numbers tomorrow?  ;)

 

Things really looking up since you took charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sb1876 said:

Big Wull, what's the lottery numbers tomorrow?  ;)

 

Things really looking up since you took charge.

Thanks....ran out of likes. I said when I 'flung my hat in the ring to be next coach/manager' that i would keep things simple. In my opinion its a simple game made difficult by people trying to be too fancy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Ive said it before, we have won the league so well done. Should my 'flinging hat in ring for job' get fling out now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

Well Ive said it before, we have won the league so well done. Should my 'flinging hat in ring for job' get fling out now?

Most certainly not. Your league record Six Wins, Two Draws & Zero Losses speaks for itself. You clearly got the whole squad and management properly focussed. :thumbsup2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×