Jump to content

BowenBoys

Euro 2020 Prediction League

Recommended Posts

The Favourite Bonus

Ten of you have gained points in every round so far. Ferris Bueller has scored the most (6). Six have scored 0 and three of these will remain pointless as their team has been eliminated. At least three more will see their team eliminated in the Round of 16.

With just 7 games left to predict, points in these games could prove to be vital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here goes

 

2-0

1-2

2-1

2-1

2-0

0-1

1-1

2-1

 

Belgium v England

5 games extra time

5 teams score more than England

 

 

.......again thanks BB

(I will be very happy if I am wrong about England!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

The Favourite Bonus

Ten of you have gained points in every round so far. Ferris Bueller has scored the most (6). Six have scored 0 and three of these will remain pointless as their team has been eliminated. At least three more will see their team eliminated in the Round of 16.

With just 7 games left to predict, points in these games could prove to be vital.

Can you remind me how the favourite bonus works? I have Belgium and sure I had them to win 3 group games but does correct score come into it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Can you remind me how the favourite bonus works? I have Belgium and sure I had them to win 3 group games but does correct score come into it?

It is directly linked to your prediction for that game. Essentially, any points you get in the game are doubled.

It's like playing your joker in It's A Knockout.

You have gained bonus points in all 3 rounds so far. 1 correct score and 2 correct result. 5 points.

Edited by BowenBoys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

It is directly linked to your prediction for that game. Essentially, any points you get in the game are doubled.

It's like playing your joker in It's A Knockout.

You have gained bonus points in all 3 rounds so far. 1 correct score and 2 correct result. 5 points.

Thanks BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you allowed a slightly late entry? Half time in first game (been working today). I've given the first result as a 0 0 as a penalty. Cheers

0 0

2 1

2 2

1 2

3 0

2 1

0 0

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arete said:

Are you allowed a slightly late entry? Half time in first game (been working today). I've given the first result as a 0 0 as a penalty. Cheers

0 0

2 1

2 2

1 2

3 0

2 1

0 0

 

 

That's fine. Can take your predictions for  forthcoming games. Please let me have answers to bonus point questions asap (tonight). Questions here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

Everyone (with one obvious exception) has Italy to win tonight.

Italy v Austria is like a British song at Eurovision. Nil points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Benelux Day (without the Lux, obvs)

First up, 65% have gone for Netherlands, 15% Czech  Republic, 20% draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

It's Benelux Day (without the Lux, obvs)

First up, 65% have gone for Netherlands, 15% Czech  Republic, 20% draw.

They might use the Lux in the shower after their games!  :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

They might use the Lux in the shower after their games!  :whistling:

That will be in the movie 'Carry On Up The Euro's'. :thumbsup2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Continuing the percentage theme at the Low Countries Festival; 81% Belgium, 19% the draw. Nobody thinks that Portugal will beat Belgium.
50% have a scoreline of 2 - 1. If that comes to pass it will be a points bonanza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's take a look at the Bonus Point Questions situation. Points scored here could have a bearing on the outcome of the competition.

 415372213_Screenshot2021-06-28at00_21_47.thumb.png.298726c019692d349180ccdbfff3c664.png

While it is far too early to say where the points will go, the potential points for each player are dropping as the competition progresses. The final column in the main table shows the current maximum potential points for each player. 

With The Netherlands dropping out, 4 of you can now only score 1 point out of 3 for this question.

Those who said there would be no games going to extra time can no longer score 3 points for a correct answer but are currently on 1 point for closest answer.

17 teams have currently scored more goals than England. If, as partickthedog assures us, England don't score again then he will take the 3 points. Those that answered 16 are out of luck. That is not possible any more. 

Will update again at the end of this round.

Bonus points will be added to your totals after the final match.

Edited by BowenBoys
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×