Partick Thistle Go Ballistic. Caley are Atrocious

partickthedog

Starting the match thread early this week, and have gone for a hopeful title!

Not yet ready to begin talking about the game, line-up, tactics etc, but just wondered if anyone else had yet attempted to buy a ticket(s) for the game?

I followed the link on the Jags website and it was very easy to set up an account with ICT. However when it came to trying to purchase a ticket in a specific location. all it would offer me were places in the home stands. The away stand is the South Stand. Blocks G & H in the South Stand were included in the drop down options, but both claimed to be sold out, which is hard to believe!

I was too late for office hours and have meetings tomorrow morning, but will be able to phone ICT in the afternoon and hopefully sort things out. In the meantime, if anyone has any helpful insights, please let me know. For example, was there a place to signify that you were an away fan, which I might have missed?

Happy memories of a 4-0 victory with Ryan Stevenson and Gary Fraser in top form, and before that a 3-2 where Liam Buchanan ran the show, Archie scored a "worldie" with two 1-2s taking him the whole length of the pitch, but having to hang on for victory at the end as players began dropping like flies due to a nasty bug.

Plus of course Shaggy's freekick to win the cup replay in 2002 in the teeth of a rainstorm of epic proportions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Not yet ready to begin talking about the game, line-up, tactics etc, but just wondered if anyone else had yet attempted to buy a ticket(s) for the game?

I followed the link on the Jags website and it was very easy to set up an account with ICT. However when it came to trying to purchase a ticket in a specific location. all it would offer me were places in the home stands. The away stand is the South Stand. Blocks G & H in the South Stand were included in the drop down options, but both claimed to be sold out, which is hard to believe!

I was too late for office hours and have meetings tomorrow morning, but will be able to phone ICT in the afternoon and hopefully sort things out. In the meantime, if anyone has any helpful insights, please let me know. For example, was there a place to signify that you were an away fan, which I might have missed?

When I click the link on the Jags website, it takes me through to Inverness ticketing site, I can pick from sections G and H(like a seat picker with green and red) and place them in my basket - hasn’t asked me to create an account yet though(although I never finished the purchase)

Edited by G SUS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Starting the match thread early this week, and have gone for a hopeful title!

Happy memories of a 4-0 victory with Ryan Stevenson and Gary Fraser in top form, and before that a 3-2 where Liam Buchanan ran the show, Archie scored a "worldie" with two 1-2s taking him the whole length of the pitch, but having to hang on for victory at the end as players began dropping like flies due to a nasty bug.

Plus of course Shaggy's freekick to win the cup replay in 2002 in the teeth of a rainstorm of epic proportions.

I has able to  buy a ticket for the South Stand but confusingly it said 'Home Fans' all through the process. I clicked on the link from Thistle website and was on a chromebook. I know sometimes there are problems using a phone.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, G SUS said:

When I click the link on the Jags website, it takes me through to Inverness ticketing site, I can pick from sections G and H(like a seat picker with green and red) and place them in my basket - hasn’t asked me to create an account yet though(although I never finished the purchase)

Brilliant G Sus. Thank you. Like you said I picked my seat first, and then logged in and purchased. If I logged in first, it did not work. Seems counter-intuitive, but happy to have found a way!

8 minutes ago, dpj said:

I has able to  buy a ticket for the South Stand but confusingly it said 'Home Fans' all through the process. I clicked on the link from Thistle website and was on a chromebook. I know sometimes there are problems using a phone.

Yes, managed it too with Chrome on my PC. At the end of the process, they showed the stadium the opposite way round from the beginning, and for a second I thought that I had purchased at the wrong end, but a longer look reassured me that it was OK.!

Inverness must have a very aristocratic fan base. There was an amazing array of designations to choose from on their ticketing website.

I can just about accept Doctor, Reverend and Professor, though I fail to see their relevance to attending a game of football.

Sir, Lord and Lady are going too far (apart of course from one of our forum posters), but I was a wee bit disappointed that the HRH option was not offered.

Help!  I have signed up to an account with ICT.  I get a message that there are no tickets available for the south stand.  I noticed above to try and buy tickets without logging in but I get the same message either by  clicking on a section within the stand or by using the drop down list.  I have tried all of these on firefox and chrome.  Any suggestions?

29 minutes ago, Southside Jag said:

Help!  I have signed up to an account with ICT.  I get a message that there are no tickets available for the south stand.  I noticed above to try and buy tickets without logging in but I get the same message either by  clicking on a section within the stand or by using the drop down list.  I have tried all of these on firefox and chrome.  Any suggestions?

Are you logged in? Don't be signed into your account and it should work. Only log in when you have the seats in the basket.

Slightly off topic. In fact very off topic but I watched a wee bit of the U21s tonight and Zak was asked to play in a more withdrawn role. We start these days with two upfront (Graham & Rudden). A likely substitution at the moment is Zak going off to be replaced by an attacking midfielder. Given that Rudden won't usually have run out of steam does anyone think there's a case for then withdrawing Zak into either a right midfield or attacking central midfield role? The benefits would be that the Graham/Rudden partnership remains in part at least and perhaps a more necessary substitution could be made. 

My slight criticism of recent games is we might just be lacking a bit of cutting edge from open play in front of goals. Having two goalscorers on for 90 mins, especially a double act as in Graham & Rudden, could help. Not trying to sound pessimistic. Having a source for sounding out goals from set plays (mainly corners) is so welcome. I'd just like to see us sustain pressure that bit more from open play.  

6 hours ago, allyo said:

Completely off topic but I'm not starting a new thread for it.

Anyone remember a time when four ex Thistle players played for Scotland in the same game?

The Thistle Archive twitter account gives 1988 as the year.  Scotland  0   Colombia  0  17 May 1988. Rous Cup.Screenshot_20210908-063146_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e73446e42d3d64b6ab070e6bfa194550.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-063146_Chrome.jpg

Edited by East Kent Jag II
Colombia game

5 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

The Thistle Archive twitter account gives 1988 as the year.  Scotland  0   Colombia  0  17 May 1988. Rous Cup.Screenshot_20210908-063146_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e73446e42d3d64b6ab070e6bfa194550.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-063146_Chrome.jpg

The difference is last night they were all ex-Jags which might be unique. The Colombia game included future Jags. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 7:43 PM, Southside Jag said:

Got them.  The link on the ICT website worked.  The link took me to the same site as the Thistle link but the plan appeared.  I hope it is worth it.

Yes, this was the only reliable way I could get in to see the seat plans for the South Stand, otherwise it kept saying there were no tickets available for the selected section. Going in via the Tickets - Buy Tickets section of the ICT website did not work for me. It didn't matter if I was logged in or out so there is something just not right with their site. I've put the links below in-case anyone else runs into this palava.

Link to the ICT news story - https://ictfc.com/ticket-info-partick-thistle-h-11-09-2021

Reliable link to see seat plans that is mentioned in link above - https://ictfc.tickethour.co.uk/privateSales.html?deepLink=119&hash=nbtv_cqBqq82fJtmzU9yX6x2NZA1591