Thistle v Dundee Utd

javeajag

11 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Here’s an outrageous thought.  Would our (former) friends at Glasgow Warriors allow us the use of Scotstoun for a few games?

The surface there is superb and Banzo and our world class midfield could pass the ball around like Barcelona at their best.

Don't think that's an outrageous thought in any way. in fact when anyone mentions a temporary move that's the first place that comes into my head. We'd maybe have to KO on occasion earlier when Warriors have a corresponding home fixture in the evening but hardly a problem. I haven't checked the likely football stadia we could move to (eg Airdrie, Accies  Clyde) for fixture clashes.  Also these grounds are likely venues that QP would head to.

Obviously it'll cost us financially, more so when you factor in paying QP off, unless there's some sort of insurance cover. We're also likely to be in the play offs. So unless Firhill had recovered by then there'd be more rental charges. That's just unfortunate but increasingly looking like a temp move may be on the cards. Not unrelated but do we factor out the catering or is it in-house?

Personally a temporary move to the Warriors would upset me. That's because for many years of my life I lived in Scotstoun. The thought of now having to travel many miles to a ground I lived less than five minutes away from, would be an unwelcome irony.:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

I know nothing about these things, but would it be possible to returf in time for next game?  Or if we can arrange a ‘fixture exchange’ to allow a little more time? 

I think Hampden was re-turfed very quickly a few seasons back either for Scottish Cup Final or a Euro Final and was done and playable within week however I imagine that cost a pretty penny and might not be a viable option albeit a possibility.

If the real problems about the pitch are, indeed, under the surface - as mentioned in an earlier post - wouldn't laying a new surface be throwing good money after bad? In any case, could we afford it?

Pitch Condition H11

Each Club shall ensure that the field of play at its Registered Ground and at any other ground at which it is the Home Club for a League Match or Play-Off Match is:-

H11.1 smooth and in good condition and repair; and

H11.2 equipped with an efficient and effective drainage system so that it cannot become unplayable due to flooding.

H12 The Board may, without prejudice to any sanction that might be imposed on a Club for failure to comply with Rule H11, require the Club concerned to take such steps within such time and on such conditions as the Board shall specify, if the Board is not satisfied that the Club concerned is complying or has complied in all respects with Rule H11.

There is also a bit somewhere that no match can take place on an artificial surface that does not meet FIFA standards. Would that take in rugby grounds?

Edited by a f kincaid
SPFL rules added

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Also was there not a season when we had a lush Thistle design cut into centre circle?

Yes, courtesy of groundsman Davy Lyle in the nineteen nineties.

He also did a cracking sunburst design radiating out from the centre circle.

I seem to remember that the fun - loving SFA told him to stop because they were classed as illegal additional markings.

Idiots.!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Don't think that's an outrageous thought in any way. in fact when anyone mentions a temporary move that's the first place that comes into my head. We'd maybe have to KO on occasion earlier when Warriors have a corresponding home fixture in the evening but hardly a problem. I haven't checked the likely football stadia we could move to (eg Airdrie, Accies  Clyde) for fixture clashes.  Also these grounds are likely venues that QP would head to.

Obviously it'll cost us financially, more so when you factor in paying QP off, unless there's some sort of insurance cover. We're also likely to be in the play offs. So unless Firhill had recovered by then there'd be more rental charges. That's just unfortunate but increasingly looking like a temp move may be on the cards. Not unrelated but do we factor out the catering or is it in-house?

Personally a temporary move to the Warriors would upset me. That's because for many years of my life I lived in Scotstoun. The thought of now having to travel many miles to a ground I lived less than five minutes away from, would be an unwelcome irony.:)

M’lady, I’d favour asking QP to find elsewhere now. Yes we’d lose income but we might regain a pitch on which Banzo can play on!

4 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

If the real problems about the pitch are, indeed, under the surface - as mentioned in an earlier post - wouldn't laying a new surface be throwing good money after bad? In any case, could we afford it?

Pitch Condition H11

Each Club shall ensure that the field of play at its Registered Ground and at any other ground at which it is the Home Club for a League Match or Play-Off Match is:-

H11.1 smooth and in good condition and repair; and

H11.2 equipped with an efficient and effective drainage system so that it cannot become unplayable due to flooding.

H12 The Board may, without prejudice to any sanction that might be imposed on a Club for failure to comply with Rule H11, require the Club concerned to take such steps within such time and on such conditions as the Board shall specify, if the Board is not satisfied that the Club concerned is complying or has complied in all respects with Rule H11.

There is also a bit somewhere that no match can take place on an artificial surface that does not meet FIFA standards. Would that take in rugby grounds?

You're absolutely right. It simply wouldn't work.   

I suspect we'll hear from the SFA/SPFL in the near future, so a temporary move somewhere else might become our only option.