Thistle v Morton

javeajag

8 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Graham is poor at scoring penalties while McIver, Smith, Jackuaibuk seem to have a poor record at scoring goals- not overly optimistic about our options 

I can’t understand why Graham gets to take take the penalties, some of his efforts in League 1 last year were terrible. We must have other options, including Banzo 

• Like 2

Pitch shocking, but should’ve been out of sight. 

This ‘team spirit’ seems to only work when we’re ahead. Heads went down after penalty & frankly the subs made us look like we’d settled for 0-1. 

Poor, poor stuff - but still in it, no more slip ups allowed. Been said before, but that pitch will cost us massively this season.

Just now, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Pitch shocking, but should’ve been out of sight. 

This ‘team spirit’ seems to only work when we’re ahead. Heads went down after penalty & frankly the subs made us look like we’d settled for 0-1. 

Poor, poor stuff - but still in it, no more slip ups allowed. Been said before, but that pitch will cost us massively this season.

Let's face it. We aren't good enough.

Bad night no doubt about it, that pitch does not help at all. 

I hope so much Tiffs injury isn’t a bad one or we can kiss the promotion/play offs goodbye. Not going overreact like GRE who is as usual just commenting on every second post as if he needs attention because we had a bad game. SAD

Fingers crossed we can regroup and go on another unbeaten run, I genuinely feel like there’s more doom and gloom than there should be though, we still have a outside chance of promotion, and a excellent chance of making the play offs. Still football to be played.

1 minute ago, Thistle88 said:

I hope so much Tiffs injury isn’t a bad one or we can kiss the promotion/play offs goodbye. Not going overreact like GRE who is as usual just commenting on every second post as if he needs attention because we had a bad game. SAD

Fingers crossed we can regroup and go on another unbeaten run, I genuinely feel like there’s more doom and gloom than there should be though, we still have a outside chance of promotion, and a excellent chance of making the play offs. Still football to be played.

Very little football will be played on that pitch.

3 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

I would suggest that 2 wins in 8 league games is more than A bad game! 11 points dropped.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I would suggest that 2 wins in 8 league games is more than A bad game!

One point behind 3rd place with three games in hand. We were awful tonight I agree with you completely on that. We still have a chance of promotion.  I’m happy with that at this stage of the season to be honest a year after promotion.

21 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Ah well! I suppose we always knew we were guff.

But that’s what is frustrating.  We maybe guff but Morton are guffer yet collected the 3 points.  Had roles been reversed tonight we would not be praising a great away win but a get out of jail card instead.

Just now, Thistle88 said:

One point behind 3rd place with three games in hand. We were awful tonight I agree with you completely on that. We still have a chance of promotion.  I’m happy with that at this stage of the season to be honest a year after promotion.

We have just blown one of our games in hand. This is a small squad snd not anything special either I'm afraid.

It's astonishing to watch professional footballers and a clutch of managers apparently incapable of seeing the conditions and setting out to play appropriately. What are they all smoking?

Never mind that it's the middle of Scottish winter with a cut-up pitch: we'll pretend we're at the San Siro and send players down the wings, and back and across - oh, and let's spend the extra time, when we must be 5 goals up by now, passing across the defence. :loco:

For those of us freezing in the real world, the conclusion would have been: get the ball down the channels and into the opposing penalty box as quickly as possible, and use the slippy conditions to our benefit. And when you're losing in extra time, you throw everything into the opposing penalty box.

Never mind! With these tactics we'll win on corners. :wall:

Edited by Fearchar

Goalkeeper, back four, midfield 3 all did ok. Docherty was probably the best player on the park and some of the things Crawford was doing was really nice. We just didn't take our chances.

We have too many similar forward player. Smith and Jukubiak both want to drop deep and that means we have absolutely no-one going in behind the opposition defence. Neither has any real pace. Smith again was through on goal but got matched for pace bythat well known speed demon Alan Lithgow and had to take his shot early from the edge of the box giving the keeper a much better chance.

Obviously the penalty was a big miss but after that Crawford played an absolutley perfect ball right along the six yard line. The Morton defence and goalkeeper didn't want to go for it but there was no Thistle player in the anywhere close to it. If I was Crawford I would have been raging at the strikers for that.

McAllister didn't get long and clearly looks a bit rusty but he doesn't look like he has an electric turn of pace.

The last loan really needs to be a penalty box striker or a striker with real pace otherwise we will see lots of games were we play really well but get caught with a sucker punch.

Morton were really poor to watch. Imrie appears to be going for the same style as the Livingstone team that beat us in the playoffs. Long ball and hope for the best. Brutal to watch but can be effective.

Should have been 2 nil up by half time leaving the penalty as the icing on the cake against a very poor Morton .

Thought the ref had a howler in the second half with some very poor decisions mostly in Morton’s favour .

Automatic promotion now gone but still a chance of playoffs,however,need to be more decisive in the final third,Tiffoney a huge miss tonight.

McCall said we were close to signing a striker on a permanent deal a few weeks ago. And nothing has been mentioned again I genuinely think he was talking about Griffiths. 

There’s a week left of February loan market now and I don’t really see who we could get to make much of a difference. Maciver still seems like the biggest waste of a  signing we have made, I just don’t see the point in him being here.

4 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

McCall said we were close to signing a striker on a permanent deal a few weeks ago. And nothing has been mentioned again I genuinely think he was talking about Griffiths. 

There’s a week left of February loan market now and I don’t really see who we could get to make much of a difference. Maciver still seems like the biggest waste of a  signing we have made, I just don’t see the point in him being here.

McIver does win headers.  He’s not much good but should’ve been on much earlier to counter the conditions.