Scottish Cup Draw

elevenone

11 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Why are we playing in this round? It used to be that 12 Premier teams and top 4 in previous season's  Championship went straight into last 32. When did that change?

The 2019/20 season was the last time 6 Championship clubs entered earlier than the top 4 . For 20/21 ;  21/22 & 22/23  10 Championship clubs entered earlier than the Premier League clubs.  

I don't know the reason for this change.

• Thanks 1

O'Ware to score from a corner, Higgy to score from a solo effort, beating three defenders, and Cardle to finish the scoring with a penalty (with the guilty party being red carded).  We'll hit the woodwork once in each half, and the manager will lament those missed chances, injuries to key players, and say he feels sorry for the fans, but the focus is now on the league.

4 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

The 2019/20 season was the last time 6 Championship clubs entered earlier than the top 4 . For 20/21 ;  21/22 & 22/23  10 Championship clubs entered earlier than the Premier League clubs.  

I don't know the reason for this change.

Thank you. When we lost the play off to Inverness last season, I consoled myself with the thought that we had at least secured our place in the last 32 of the Scottish Cup for the next season. Now even that scant consolation has been removed!

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

O'Ware to score from a corner, Higgy to score from a solo effort, beating three defenders, and Cardle to finish the scoring with a penalty (with the guilty party being red carded).  We'll hit the woodwork once in each half, and the manager will lament those missed chances, injuries to key players, and say he feels sorry for the fans, but the focus is now on the league.

That sounds a tempting bet builder punt.  :D

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

You missed the bit about we score first, but gets chalked off for an incorrect offside. If that had stood it would have been a totally different game.