23/24 Strip.

• 4 weeks later...

This season's tops are already making me think for the first time that I can't actually decide whether I like them or  dislike them, and that might be the case even when we get to the end of the season.

ETA: If we win promotion, or a major cup (not the Challenge f*ckin charade), I'll love and buy them both!

Edited by Jaggernaut

• 2 weeks later...

That's definitely a cracking-looking top.

But it's the meaningless "Constructed for maximum comfort" spin that worries me. Presumably if it was 100% cotton they would say so, but they don't; so I'm guessing it's made from some abomination of polyester and maybe another sweat rash-inducing manmade (can you even say that anymore?) travesty.

Would love it if I got proved wrong before they sell out!

2 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

Is there a particular reason why football tops can't be cotton nowadays (retro tops aside)? Is it just cost or is there some perceived advantage to synthetic material when you're running around in it? Having done that many times I'd dispute that very strongly.

Weight of material is one benefit, especially when wet

It is also far easier to print the latest designs onto a synthetic fabric than to weave it into the cotton. It all comes down to price and fashion, with a small amount of performance benefit.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Weight of material is one benefit, especially when wet

It is also far easier to print the latest designs onto a synthetic fabric than to weave it into the cotton. It all comes down to price and fashion, with a small amount of performance benefit.

Small amount of performance benefit? It certainly does the job for Thistle.