Partick Thistle Women - Season 23/24

Fawlty Towers

That's two great away results v Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. The goals were also excellent and fit to grace any game.

The header from the corner and Slater's shot into the postage stamp corner were special as was the only and winning goal v Dundee Utd.

Now can we make it 3 away wins in a row against Motherwell. I would settle for another 1-0.

C'Mon the Jags.

That 3 away wins in a row, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and now Motherwell.

We are truly punching above our weight and in teo of the above victories we have come from behind to clinch the 3 points. What a team.

Two big games coming up Hearts at home and Glasgow City away. Big Brian will have his team fired up and ready to ho.

We are now 9 points against 7th place Aberdeen so ATM looking good gor a top 6 finish.

23 hours ago, Tom Hosie said:

One of the best games of football I've seen in ages. 

Worth watching the highlights for Imogen Longcake's second goal and the latest Rachel Donaldson special. 

Quite right and well worth watching for the commentary from both benches as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXP_DqTslvM

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, Tom Hosie said:

One of the best games of football I've seen in ages. 

Worth watching the highlights for Imogen Longcake's second goal and the latest Rachel Donaldson special. 

is longcake the opposite of shortbread?

Brilliant highlights and some great goals. Who is Garnacho anyway?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Highlights from today's game against Hearts. Don't want to influence your judgement so make your own mind up on our disallowed goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5cvwhaNCBA

Brian Graham's post match interview as well. Not great that a match official would respond to a manager's question with "I don't care".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihu75qL6hgM&t=16s

I admit to being a conspiracy theorist but it seems to me that since our relegation/legal issue with the SPFL we are experiencing more than our fair share of dodgy refereeing decisions. Examples Sunday"s referee was awful and Partick Ladies suffered -  a disallowed goal and a red card that was at worst a yellow. Shocking decisions!  For the men there is always the play-off game at Dingwall where in my opinion the referee there did everything he possibly could to help the home team.

I know we have had bad decisions before - the penalty for Killie (the ref was a certain Nick Walsh) when the ref gave a penalty for an incident he couldn't possibly have seen.

I can't believe all the referees are incompetent so there must be more to it such as an anti-Partick Thistle conspiracy!!

Yes, I wonder what would be the outcome if a referee warned a Jags player about no more "back chat"  and the latter responded with: "I don't care!"

Anyway, the game as a whole is fixed, as much as possible (for those in power`), at all levels (maybe not always, to avoid obvious and justified suspicion) so that an erse-cheek (which one decided on by the various media and internal consultations) will win whichever competition is involved.

Any occasional "blips" are permitted to reinforce the illusion that everything is legitimate. 

The system is rotten. To the core. And people involved in the core know it. 

1 minute ago, Jaggernaut said:

Yes, I wonder what would be the outcome if a referee warned a Jags player about no more "back chat"  and the latter responded with: "I don't care!"

Anyway, the game as a whole is fixed, as much as possible (for those in power`), at all levels (maybe not always, to avoid obvious and justified suspicion) so that an erse-cheek (which one decided on by the various media and internal consultations) will win whichever competition is involved.

Any occasional "blips" are permitted to reinforce the illusion that everything is legitimate. 

The system is rotten. To the core. And people involved in the core know it. 

ETA: And the newspapers know it. But the number of copies sold is the bottom line.

17 hours ago, JeanieD said:

Refs deserve criticism when they are incompetent but I certainly wouldn’t want to see what happened in Turkey repeated anywhere.

Agree entirely. With that in mind it may not be a good idea to have someone as incompetent like Alan Muir reffing any games involving Inverness for the foreseeable future 😀.