Partick Thistle Women - Season 23/24

Fawlty Towers

Not exactly women's team, but slightly related so I will mention it here rather than start a new thread.

Kirstin Fraser and Heather Holloway of Partick Thistle Her Game Too will be guests on "Off the Ball" on BBC Radio Scotland between 12 noon and 2 pm tomorrow (Saturday).

I think that they will mainly be wearing their Her Game Too hat (I was going to say flying the flag, but thought better of it), but no doubt Partick Thistle will get a mention as well.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 10:10 AM, partickthedog said:

Not exactly women's team, but slightly related so I will mention it here rather than start a new thread.

Kirstin Fraser and Heather Holloway of Partick Thistle Her Game Too will be guests on "Off the Ball" on BBC Radio Scotland between 12 noon and 2 pm tomorrow (Saturday).

I think that they will mainly be wearing their Her Game Too hat (I was going to say flying the flag, but thought better of it), but no doubt Partick Thistle will get a mention as well.

Very informative from Kirstin and Heather about the Her Game Too. Thistle the only Scottish club doing this at the moment.

Ex Jag Davie MacKinnon also on talking about a campaign he has for heart screening for players.

• Like 1

Just to confirm that the game today away to Aberdeen has been postponed as the weather in that part of the country has been a lot worse than we have had in the Glasgow area.

Hoping that guys like AberdeenJag and GRE2 (plus all the other Thistle fans in that area) have not been too badly impacted and are keeping safe.

10 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Just to confirm that the game today away to Aberdeen has been postponed as the weather in that part of the country has been a lot worse than we have had in the Glasgow area.

Hoping that guys like AberdeenJag and GRE2 (plus all the other Thistle fans in that area) have not been too badly impacted and are keeping safe.

Road conditions have been challenging,  but now much improved. 

• Like 1

As of today, all 10 of the Thistle Women's league tables are available as stand-alone pages on the Archive. They're mapped via our 'Lists' section, as well as having their own sub-menu page. Nice when you just want a no-fuss flick through the tables...

2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020-21 2021-22 2022-23 2023-24

F9Hzq0rWcAAUdsG.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Thistle Archive said:

As of today, all 10 of the Thistle Women's league tables are available as stand-alone pages on the Archive. They're mapped via our 'Lists' section, as well as having their own sub-menu page. Nice when you just want a no-fuss flick through the tables...

2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020-21 2021-22 2022-23 2023-24

F9Hzq0rWcAAUdsG.png

No more likes for today,so :thumbsup2:

The women's team playing Hamilton at Firhill 5th November, KO 2pm. Tickets for the game are free.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with all comments above regarding excellent performance and atmosphere. The first and third goals both came at the end of impressive team moves.

Our goalkeeper was not really tested, but looked supremely competent in all her handling and distribution by feet. 

Although the team is totally committed to winning, the whole mood surrounding the game and in the crowd is so much more relaxed. Hamilton fans were happily accommodated in the same part of the stadium. It is a really good way to introduce children to the fun of football at Firhill. My 2 year old grand-daughter loved it and even staged a pitch invasion after the final whistle. Good thing that there were no police in sight, as of course they were completely unnecessary.

• Like 2