Partick Thistle Women - Season 23/24

Fawlty Towers

A tough one today as we play Glasgow City at Petershill (but as the away team) in what looks like being awful conditions. The good news is that our main rivals for a top 6 place this season are Aberdeen and they played yesterday and were beaten 7-0 by Hibs so we are currently 8 points ahead of them with a goal difference advantage of 33.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-fixture/glasgow-city-v-partick-thistle-wfc-17th-december-2023/#match-preview

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Back with a bang. A 4-2 victory against Motherwell to progress to the next round in the Scottish Cup. Came from behind twice but totally bossed the second half. Well done!

Really impressive play and great atmosphere as always. Especially good for introducing younger children to supporting Thistle.

3 immaculate set piece deliveries and finishes in the second half.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

A good signing ahead of a big game at home on Sunday against Aberdeen who are our main rivals for a top 6 place.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/carla-boyce-signs-for-ptw/

Great result today and found Brian Graham's post-match comments very interesting and appropriate given the first half performance.

A well deserved win.

Carla Boyce looks like a great signing and I wish her the very best of luck with the Jags.

I dont doubt her pedigree but my only reservation is that at 25 yrs of age she seems to be a bit of a rolling stone having played for Glasgow City, Rangers , Hibs and Motherwell.

I hope she can continue scoring goals and settle down with the Jags.

Welcome to the Jags Carla.

44 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Well done on a fairly comfortable 2-0 win, now have an 11 point lead on Aberdeen with a goal difference advantage of 31 and just 5 games until the split.

Absolutely brilliant achievement. As well as the huge chasm between PTWFC and 7th place, PTWFC are presenting Hibs and Hearts with a very creditable challenge for 4th and 5th places.

16 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

A few cricket scores elsewhere in today's matches.....

The PTFC women are really doing well.

Agree with comments. The ladies are a credit to PTFC. Although the points differences don't show this I believe this season the league falls into 3 sections.

1. Rangers, Celtic  and Glasgow City (City need to be careful they don't drift out of this group)

2. Hearts and Hibs (Goal difference not points show the disparity)

3. The rest lead by Partick Thistle Ladies.

I accept including the Jags in the latter section is open to criticism given our closeness to the Edinburgh teams but I think they are stronger overall and this shows in their goall difference compared to ours.

However, notwithstanding the above, we are consistently punching above our weight and should now comfortably secure a top 6 place for the second successive season.

Graham's signings, for example, Slater & Boyce  are clearly strengthening the squad and this bodes well for next season when hopefully we can continue to be a top 6 club, regularly take points from Hearts and Hibs and achieve a similar points and goals difference.

Well done PT Ladies and Management Team.

16 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

A few cricket scores elsewhere in today's matches.....

The PTFC women are really doing well.

Agree with comments. The ladies are a credit to PTFC. Although the points differences don't show this I believe this season the league falls into 3 sections.

1. Rangers, Celtic  and Glasgow City (City need to be careful they don't drift out of this group)

I accept including the Jags in the latter section is open to criticism given our closeness to the Edinburgh teams but I think they are stronger overall and this shows in their goall difference compared to ours.

However, notwithstanding the above, we are consistently punching above our weight and should now comfortably secure a top 6 place for the second successive season.

Graham's signings, for example, Slater & Boyce  are clearly strengthening the squad and this bodes well for next season when hopefully we can continue to be a top 6 club, regularly take points from Hearts and Hibs and achieve a similar points and goals difference.

12 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

So good he said it twice!