Airdrie v Thistle Jan 27

First 15/20 minutes we were absolutely excellent. Airdrie then worked their way back to equality. Airdrie do play a unique game, totally different from say Morton.

Their goal not total surprise. Sneddon seemed at fault in not securing the ball. Our equaliser came from nowhere but was assured and clever finish by Adeloye.

Can we get the tactics right in the second half?

First 45 - enjoyable, balanced, good passing

Next 30 - less quality but chippy and enjoyable

Last 15 - yikes

Dools seemed content to play for the draw by the time Lawless/Banzo were subbed off.  Assume there was a high likelihood of one of them getting a red before the game was out.

Don’t normally pick MOTM’s but I thought Neilson was solid all day.

6 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Ben Stanway was excellent when he came on. Hope he can start next time. More energy than McInroy, Alston and Robinson combined. Robinson did not hit the heights of last week. I would play James Lyon ahead of the 3 mentioned above.

Sounded like McBeth had a good game when he came on.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We were never going to get a win after @Albert's Ghost started the match day thread so early. Got to be happy with a draw, but with the top 2 again dropping points we really need to be taking advantage. 

yeh can admin maybe stop @Albert's Ghost for getting in too early?  😂 I have a decent win ratio match thread starter and was planning on saving it for Livi in cup 🏆:fan:

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Sounded like McBeth had a good game when he came on.

Yes, he looks like exactly what we need. Early days yet but he’s big, powerful and keen to distribute. 

Stanway was excellent and must start. But McInroy and Alston do not offer enough. Not sure about Robinson. He should have easily set up Adeloye.

All in all not a bad point on the plastic against ‘enthusiastic’ opponents. The number fouled Lawless a hundred times without getting booked or even penalised.

1 hour ago, ChiThistle said:

First 45 - enjoyable, balanced, good passing

Next 30 - less quality but chippy and enjoyable

Last 15 - yikes

Dools seemed content to play for the draw by the time Lawless/Banzo were subbed off.  Assume there was a high likelihood of one of them getting a red before the game was out.

Don’t normally pick MOTM’s but I thought Neilson was solid all day.

Not so sure about Banzo, but Stevie was certainly teetering on the edge of a red card. He was the victim of a series of poor decisions by the referee, not being given a free kick when fouled, and being penalised for nothing much. For some reason the referee choose to book him for a minor playing the ball away after a free kick was awarded against him when similar actions by others had gone unpunished. Stevie seemed to be getting aggressive with his frustrated verbals and therefore removing him from the scene was a wise choice.

Decent enough away point. Another example of one of those games we'd have lost this time last season. Both teams were going for a win but there wasn't too many clear cut chances for either side. Possibly coincidental but it was perhaps not a bad thing that our three yellow carded players were subbed. The game ended up rather frenetic and I sensed a second yellow was in the offing.

Thought McBeth looks promising in the deep midfield slot. Looks like he can be quite creative, which is a bit of a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Ben Stanway was excellent when he came on. Hope he can start next time. More energy than McInroy, Alston and Robinson combined. Robinson did not hit the heights of last week. I would play James Lyon ahead of the 3 mentioned above.

I agree. None of the 3 named players have managed to be consistent in the no 10 role, but Doolan (according to the mainstream media) said he’d be happy to see Lyon go out on loan.