Arbroath Vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

All set for tomorrow. Kind of sad that this could be our last trip to Arbroath in a while.

Arbroath is probably the best away day in the division by a fair bit. Something for everyone. From some decentvpubs, to smokies and Pleasurekand for the weans, old and young.

We've had some good performances there, as well as a few stinkers.

The hosts have done great in keeping their second tier status and even getting close to promotion and their support has swelled.

That era is coming to an end and putting the above sentiments aside I hope we can follow up last week's improved showing with another win.

We seem to be a streaky team, so hopefully we can finish the league campaign on a positive run and secure third place before heading into the playoffs.

Safe travels to all the fans heading to Gayfield tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

Match threads like Glasgow buses, none for ages then two come along at once 😂

What are your favourite memories of our matches at Gayfield?

Edited by jagfox

30 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Does also that mean Neilson available? If not I'd reluctantly put McBeth back into midfield. Really having Luke playing alongside Aero in defence could be the way to go on the longer run.

Neilson didn’t play last night and the U21s don’t have another game this window, I don’t think. Don’t think I would put McBeth back in midfield as I feel the team just didn’t work with him there. 

Arbroath are really drinking in the last chance saloon but judging by their comeback against Raith a couple of weeks ago they are still pretty capable, so perhaps tomorrow will be very tight - would take a point tbh. Also weather might play a part?

13 hours ago, jagfox said:

Arbroath is probably the best away day in the division by a fair bit. Something for everyone. From some decentvpubs, to smokies and Pleasurekand for the weans, old and young.

Not to mention the year-round mild and pleasant weather. I should think that t-shirts and shorts will be all you need to wear in the little tropical paradise of Gayfield this afternoon.

Edited by Jaggernaut

10 hours ago, JeanieD said:

....so perhaps tomorrow will be very tight - would take a point tbh.

Seems to be a mantra! :)

If we just take a point every week through the season we probably get relegated!

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

From the team rock bottom of the league we have to be more ambitious than that. A win should be the only acceptable result.

Need 3 points today. We had a dreadful run but last week was good, let’s build on that. Should have more than enough to beat Arbroath, but need to be take our chances. 

At this stage of the season to keep our playoff place we need to match 5th place - at the moment Morton. If we want to keep 3rd spot we need to match Airdrie - obviously not playing but would be Raith who they have the upper hand on. So, I would say that a win is probably needed.

32 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

From the team rock bottom of the league we have to be more ambitious than that. A win should be the only acceptable result.

Exactly! With only 7 games left and some tough away fixtures 3 points is a must

We really need a win to get the momentum going again. I doubt I've ever left to go to Arbroath not expecting a win. But it is Gayfield and many a time I've been a lot less confident come kick off. Even tho' they're bottom of the league they've only had three home games since we last played them. Two creditable draws and a win over Raith hardly suggests it'll be a stroll in the park today.  

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

54 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Sorry if it’s not PC, but I would add that the game at Gayfield is far more important than any kick about at Tynecastle 

Agree 100% in both points. I better check my meds 😂

All the best PTFC Women tomorrow and they have been absolutely brilliant but it is the men's first eleven I follow. Obviously a win for both would be fantastic for the club and the coaches and players.

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Not to mention the year-round mild and pleasant weather. I should think that t-shirts and shorts will be all you need to wear in the little tropical paradise of Gayfield this afternoon.

A balmy 10°C with breezy gusts of 30mph, forecast. Tops aff 😂