Dundee Fc

lady-isobel-barnett

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they have till Xmas to get as many points on the board as possible. If they can keep the starting 11 fit and suspension free then its still a decent side:

Douglas

Irvine, McKeown, Weston, Lockwood

Riley, Adams, O'Donnell, Harkins

Higgins, Griffiths

I went through a redundancy situation earlier in the year and its not a nice feeling so for those who have lost their jobs i feel sorry for them. It can feel like a helpless situation.

Having said that I have no sympathy for Dundee FC. They cheated...its as simple as that. They bought players they couldnt afford. If we (or Morton, Cowdenbeath or Stirling) get relegated because of that then its totally ridiculous and wholly unfair. We could all stay in this divison if we overspend. I struggle to feel sorry for the fans...they certainly didnt seem to have a problem with their team overspending and living outwith their means. Am I not right in saying Dees4Life own a 26% shareholding in their club. They should have been proactive in preventing this happening a second time.

I hope they get a harsh penalty. In an ideal world they should be relegated to the 3rd division but i dont see that happening mid-season.

• Members

Am I not right in saying Dees4Life own a 26% shareholding in their club. They should have been proactive in preventing this happening a second time.

Perhaps there is a lesson in here for the Trust to take note of? I wonder if Dees4Life had a rep on the board and if so, would it be beneficial for someone from the Trust contacting them to see if they can give our Trust any pointers on what to look out for? The Dee fans have clearly had the wool pulled over their eyes for some time and they must now be seeing things all too clearly after it's too late.

This must be absolutely awful for Dundee supporters, I have a degree of sympathy for them. And how much do I wish that football in reality was more like football manager in terms of having the cash to sign free agents.

Add Shimmin, McMenamin and Antoine-Curier to our bunch and we'd be laughing.

I don't have one iota of sympathy for anyone associated with anyone associated with Dundee. I have hee haw sympathy for any of their players or management team. As Uncle Psyshosis said a few pages back, they must have known that the financial state of the club was unsustainable.

As for the fans, I didn't hear one dissenting voice when they were out spending money they didn't have. All I heard from them was how they were a much bigger club than the likes of us.

All they've done, for the moment, is trim the f*cking deadwood and sack some poor auld lad on minimum wage who's devoted his lefe to the club.

That is exactly what the administrator has done. I don't think their first team is that much weakened by the departures. All it means is they will have to hope they stay clear of injuries and suspensions or they will be playing players from their youth team (if they have one)

Other folk that don't exactly come out of this that well are the football agents that arranged players moves to Dens. They're supposed to be in the know after all. There's plenty of outsiders, even a few close to the club, who questioned the sustainability of Dundee.

I thought agents take their cut in the premise they've negotiated a suitable deal for their clients. Now that contracts are getting ripped up those players will be in no position to demand a decent signing on fee at a new club. Of course the agents may return some of their commission to their clients :o .

• Members

Other folk that don't exactly come out of this that well are the football agents that arranged players moves to Dens. They're supposed to be in the know after all. There's plenty of outsiders, even a few close to the club, who questioned the sustainability of Dundee.

I thought agents take their cut in the premise they've negotiated a suitable deal for their clients. Now that contracts are getting ripped up those players will be in no position to demand a decent signing on fee at a new club. Of course the agents may return some of their commission to their clients :o .

Very good point Libby!

Perhaps there is a lesson in here for the Trust to take note of? I wonder if Dees4Life had a rep on the board and if so, would it be beneficial for someone from the Trust contacting them to see if they can give our Trust any pointers on what to look out for? The Dee fans have clearly had the wool pulled over their eyes for some time and they must now be seeing things all too clearly after it's too late.

Well this articlesuggests that the D4L rep had a good idea what was unfolding, but if I recall they were shouted down as being alarmist back in May. Football fans seem to hear what they want to hear, not what their own common sense tells them. For example Morton would be royally stuffed if Dougie Rae pegged it, but many Morton fans simply deny that they have a succession issue.

Well this articlesuggests that the D4L rep had a good idea what was unfolding, but if I recall they were shouted down as being alarmist back in May. Football fans seem to hear what they want to hear, not what their own common sense tells them. For example Morton would be royally stuffed if Dougie Rae pegged it, but many Morton fans simply deny that they have a succession issue.

Spot on. Dunfermline are going to have to cut their cloth damned soon as well. Their debts are huge and it's only a big turn-over and the goodwill of a handful of directors that's allowing them to sustain even bigger losses than we've had over the past few seasons. If they don't get back up to the SPL this season I'd anticipate they could be boxed into quite a tight corner.

They must not be let away with this. So they throw out a host of players but will have the same starting 11 as last week more or less. Hmmm....smacks of more cheating to me. Let's get as many points between now and January to try and lessen the blow of any points deduction before we lose our talented players.

Let's hope that firstly, the SFL deal appropriately with them in same manner as Livi and also the business establishment blackball the directors who have got the club into this mess in the first place - they should not be allowed near any business ever again.

Maybe this will now be a wake up call to the rest of Scottish football.

The SFL will let them away with it as they've not got the balls to do the right thing and pinish them greatly for the scurrilous way in which they tried to buy the league. What might save the SFL from a backlash is that Dundee may not survive to be punished, which would be sad for the Scottish game and another nail in it's coffin as far as I'm concerned.

The longer the knobs at the SFL, SFA and SPL allow our game to fester the more and more we will see this situation as our game dies a slow death. The time for change was long ago but now is the time for our game to be completely overhauled or it is a deid duck.

Nutjobs, cheats, charlatans and idiots who should never be allowed near football again

Brannan, Melville and the rest of the Dundee board make our board look like Warren Buffet, Richard Branson and Philip Green.

Philip Green would be well suited to Dundee, he at least gets away with tax avoidance.

(and us for that matter)

I'm going to be controvertial here and suggest that the SFA/SFL would be right to do nothing until the Dundee situation is sorted out. Much as I dislike Dundee, the governing bodies should be doing what is right for Scottish Football and I would argue that Scottish football is better with Dundee FC in some form rather than Beith or Spartans or Teuchter Utd. Penalising Dundee now would make it very hard to find the new buyer that the club needs to survive and the survival of Dundee FC should, rightly be the priority of the SFA/SFL.

A statement that they will review the situation in January would give the club a fighting chance.

I'm going to be controvertial here and suggest that the SFA/SFL would be right to do nothing until the Dundee situation is sorted out. Much as I dislike Dundee, the governing bodies should be doing what is right for Scottish Football and I would argue that Scottish football is better with Dundee FC in some form rather than Beith or Spartans or Teuchter Utd. Penalising Dundee now would make it very hard to find the new buyer that the club needs to survive and the survival of Dundee FC should, rightly be the priority of the SFA/SFL.

A statement that they will review the situation in January would give the club a fighting chance.

So you pretty much agree, word for word with Chic Young?

:lol: