Just In

Camallain

Good performance today although the margin of victory should have been greater. The trialist keeper did well with what little he had to deal with , both Paton and Boyle played well and Marin Hardie was outstanding. Good to see Liam finally getting back on the score sheet!

Thought the referee would have been better suited wearing a Cowdenbeath jersey….one of the most biased displays I have seen in many a day :angry:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ref tried his best to completely ruin the game today. Paton and Boyle yet again with solid performances, if the season ended now it would be between the 2 of them for player of the year for me.

Fox caught a few crosses very well and the shot he pushed around the post bounced right in front of him so he did well to get to it. As you say he never had much to do and even when Cowdenbeath were chasing the match they never seemed to have a shot on goal.

Thought the referee would have been better suited wearing a Cowdenbeath jersey….one of the most biased displays I have seen in many a day :angry:

Personally I thought it was more pure incompetence, but did manage to ruin an other wise rubbish match.

The difference in Liam was immense after his goal, suddenly running into space, some lovely touches and nearly got a second. Hope it carries on into next week. Hardie was my man of the match by a mile

Good performance today although the margin of victory should have been greater. The trialist keeper did well with what little he had to deal with , both Paton and Boyle played well and Marin Hardie was outstanding. Good to see Liam finally getting back on the score sheet!

I thought Erskine did really well today, well done big chap! And the goalie was fine too. Thought old Ludo Roy did well for them- Hope Halliwell was watching his performance.

The ref tried his best to completely ruin the game today. Paton and Boyle yet again with solid performances, if the season ended now it would be between the 2 of them for player of the year for me.

It would be Boyle for me as he has contributed goals too. He had a very difficult first season and the loan spell at Clyde seems to have done him a lot of good. Paddy deserves a contract extension.

It would be Boyle for me as he has contributed goals too. He had a very difficult first season and the loan spell at Clyde seems to have done him a lot of good. Paddy deserves a contract extension.

I've just realised we've won 3 of the last 4 league games! Not too shabby I suppose.

thank god for taht result

I've just realised we've won 3 of the last 4 league games! Not too shabby I suppose.

It's a big improvement from one win and six losses in the first seven games. With the exception of Forthbank last week, the defence has tightened up. The dropping of Halliwell for Fox indicates where McCall thinks the blame lies. Another major factor is that Doolan is now scoring regularly. If he can continue that form and Liam can get back to his best, we could escape a relegation battle. The league title looks to be a battle between the Pars and Rovers.

We won but we weren't great. We created plenty of opportunities but with 'beath putting 11 men behind the ball most of the game we just couldn't break them until a lucky break fell to Buchanan 3 yards out.

Fox was accomplished in goal but had only really one difficult shot to deal with. Paton and Boyle were relatively solid, Robertson was a bit iffy as was Balatoni. Cairney was rotten first half slightly better second. Erskine was average, Flannigan too greedy with the ball. Hardie ran the show and despite having a couple of off moments was probably our best player on the pitch. Buchanan was poor until he scored, then he looked a wee bit like that player we signed 3 years ago who runs himself into the ground and does okay. Doolan had a quieter game, but Ludo did really well to put in the save from Doolan's shot that was almost top corner stuff in the first half. Grehan was uninspiring and Bannigan did okay when he came on.

3 points are 3 points, and if, as I heard today, Dundee are to be docked 30 points, we're actually not doing to badly in the league. A win up at Dens is imperative but I don't think we'll do it.

Wasn't much of a match tbh. We made a few good chances and should have won by a bigger margin. Thought Cairney was poor today and everyone else was ok.Great to see Liam find the back of the net and after following the Jags for over 40 years finally great to see us beat Cowdenbeath. Onwards and upwards as they say.

I thought we were okay on the first half and then upped the tempo in the second, got the goal and I was never worried about them scoring. I was only worried that numpty of a ref would give them a soft penalty or let a blatantly offside goal stand because he was completely in favour of Cowdenbeath the whole game :thumbdown:

It's a big improvement from one win and six losses in the first seven games. With the exception of Forthbank last week, the defence has tightened up. The dropping of Halliwell for Fox indicates where McCall thinks the blame lies. Another major factor is that Doolan is now scoring regularly. If he can continue that form and Liam can get back to his best, we could escape a relegation battle. The league title looks to be a battle between the Pars and Rovers.

How can the blame be put on Halliwell all the time, clearly today Fox had hardly anything to do, arent the rest of the team to blame in other matches like today they keep missing goals and our defence at times is shocking!!!

Everytime a striker doesnt score or misses a penalty should we replace them and blame them for losing the game like we do with Halliwell!!

Really pleased with today. Some players had off days, Cairney in particular, but even those who did were putting so much work in that it made up for it. Hardie was amazing - pushing the team on to victory. Boyle, Paton, Flannigan and Buchanan had pretty good games. Chris Erskine did well but tired. Robertson just about did his job, but I think we need to have an entirely new central defence asap. Bannigan did ok, especially his wee run on the ball past two players. The composure to show what he can do will come with game time. Grehan playe dhis role well, and I think we can say McCall got the tactic right today. 4-4-2 os actually the best formation for our home games. Could've been 3/4, and if the team gains confidence it will be next time.

Well done lads. Pleased for you all. That's what you need to do more consistently and, if you do, we'll be right behind you.

good win today and nice to see us up off of the bottom of the league again. paton, boyle, hardie were our best players in my opinion, hardie MOTM. doolan worked hard upfront but theres not much you can do when robertson is humping the ball 70 yards up the pitch for him to try and outjump their defender. cairney looks to have the same problem as liam, he looks like he has lost a yard or 2 of pace and still doesn't seem fully fit for some reason. flannnigan was coming too far into the centre of midfield instead of sticking out wide, then when he did get the ball he shechts himself if paton isnt within 5 yards to pass to.anyways im sure we all feel relieved and alot happier than we did last saturday, and plus I had £15 on us to win, £30 back and had a £5 treble on chelsea, fulham, Ipswich, £27 return.bookies, GIRUY!! :cheers:

Edited by jags on tour

Fair enough - we won today. But how people can say Hardie and Liam were immense is madness !

We were playing against a pish poor cowdenbeath team and we struggled to a one nil win at home.... For me Hardie showed nice touches near the end (last 20 mins) but was posted missing for long periods in the first half and first 15 of the second half. Liam had 3 great chances - Slammed one over of the stand roof, put the second one in the onion bag and missed a sitter for the 3rd.

but hey 3 points is 3 points, roll on next week.

p.s the keeper looked decent.

Fair enough - we won today. But how people can say Hardie and Liam were immense is madness !

We were playing against a pish poor cowdenbeath team and we struggled to a one nil win at home.... For me Hardie showed nice touches near the end (last 20 mins) but was posted missing for long periods in the first half and first 15 of the second half. Liam had 3 great chances - Slammed one over of the stand roof, put the second one in the onion bag and missed a sitter for the 3rd.

but hey 3 points is 3 points, roll on next week.

p.s the keeper looked decent.

Hey it's nearly 9pm and there's been barely 20 posts on a just in thread. I'd hazzard a guess that most of us happy as we'll be with the three points are not exactly overwhelmed by our performance. I really don't think we can stomach another digging deep beneath the surface thingy tonight.

Positives? Well I thought we played well as a team, no one hiding and as 1-0 wins go this was one of the more deserved.

Hey it's nearly 9pm and there's been barely 20 posts on a just in thread. I'd hazzard a guess that most of us happy as we'll be with the three points are not exactly overwhelmed by our performance. I really don't think we can stomach another digging deep beneath the surface thingy tonight.

Positives? Well I thought we played well as a team, no one hiding and as 1-0 wins go this was one of the more deserved.

by the sounds of it a few of us had a few kwid on thistle and are out celebrating our victory.

wanted to add - I thought hardie played well today but we weren't anything special, I would like to see a young boy getting a shot as much as anyone instead of loan playeers but I dont think the likes of bannigan or macbeth are up to the job of a regular starting place, Hardie seemed to drive us forward and give us a bit of presence in the middle, i think we would have struggled today without him and im glad we have got him for the short time, I hope the folk that weren't keen on us signing him have changed their minds.credit to McCall for once for getting him in.

thistle are rising again.

Hardie seemed to drive us forward and give us a bit of presence in the middle, i think we would have struggled today without him and im glad we have got him for the short time, I hope the folk that weren't keen on us signing him have changed their minds.credit to McCall for once for getting him in.

thistle are rising again.

I did have my reservations about the signing, I still do, but i've never questioned what he could bring to our team and he's certainly showing something that we have lacked up until his arrival.

I heard a couple of weeks ago ,from a jags fan, that his saintees mate reckons he'll be coming here on a more permanent basis in January, shrugged it off as usual rumour stuff but now hoping there's truth in it.

Edited by Hot Shot

3 points and a decent performance from a team that did not have 6 or 7 defenders in the starting line up. Cowdenbeath didn't really threaten us and I did not have any worries at all about not winning once we got the goal.

Ropey ref with some very strange decisions.

Still loving the guy near the front of the JH who shouts inaudible things to the ref at every home game.