Dungdee Crunch Time In Next 24 Hours

Lindau

According to the soaraway Dungdee will know their fate in the next 24 hours. They are offering creditors SIXPENCE in the pound and that after picking up close on £250,000 in the last week for Griffiths and the Motherwell cup game. Cant see the taxman accepting that!! To be honest Jackson doesnt appear too confident of getting the 75% required to get the CVA through,stating that other teams he has dealt with in the past (Motherwell/Clydebank) offered creditors around 25/30p in the £. He reckons the clubs existence is in the balance!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the soaraway Dungdee will know their fate in the next 24 hours. They are offering creditors SIXPENCE in the pound and that after picking up close on £250,000 in the last week for Griffiths and the Motherwell cup game. Cant see the taxman accepting that!! To be honest Jackson doesnt appear too confident of getting the 75% required to get the CVA through,stating that other teams he has dealt with in the past (Motherwell/Clydebank) offered creditors around 25/30p in the £. He reckons the clubs existence is in the balance!!

The taxman's after all their dough ...

I think that the SFL must have relegation system. The bottom team of the lowest division must face the winners of the Highland League, East of Scotland League, and West of Scotland League to survive. Or the bottom team of the lowest division are automatically relegated, and the 2nd bottom team play the playoffs.

By the way I want to get the shirts of Cove Rangers, Edinburgh City etc, but they don't answer my mail. Don't they sell their replicas?

Im pretty sure that will be passed. That guy Jackson would be trying to postpone if he knew it was going to be rejected. They still have a month to 'negotiate' before the further penalty is imposed for still being in administration.

Also, is a significant amount of the debt not owed to guys like Melville who are happy to write-off their investment in Dundee as an expensive mistake?

Dont be surprised to see Dundee let off with this tomorrow & comfortably escape relegation

Im pretty sure that will be passed. That guy Jackson would be trying to postpone if he knew it was going to be rejected. They still have a month to 'negotiate' before the further penalty is imposed for still being in administration.

Also, is a significant amount of the debt not owed to guys like Melville who are happy to write-off their investment in Dundee as an expensive mistake? Dont be surprised to see Dundee let off with this tomorrow & comfortably escape relegation

Don't think mwlville can afford to write much off as he's being chased for several millions from his old company cosalt, amongst others

I think that the SFL must have relegation system. The bottom team of the lowest division must face the winners of the Highland League, East of Scotland League, and West of Scotland League to survive. Or the bottom team of the lowest division are automatically relegated, and the 2nd bottom team play the playoffs.

By the way I want to get the shirts of Cove Rangers, Edinburgh City etc, but they don't answer my mail. Don't they sell their replicas?

:lol:

Also, is a significant amount of the debt not owed to guys like Melville who are happy to write-off their investment in Dundee as an expensive mistake?

Dont be surprised to see Dundee let off with this tomorrow & comfortably escape relegation

There's a significant amount owed to HMRC (and that's you and me, folks) who may well be driving the timetable of this as much as the footballing side of things.

There will be no further penalty applied by the SFL. That was the one thing about Dundee's appeal that was successful.

Dungdee fans on P and B appear confident an agreement is in place and that it will be passed :thumbdown:

While we do things right letting Buchanan go as it was costing us so much how do they get away with hanging onto Harkins, Higgins and Forsyth an abolsute disgrace.

Slightly changing topic here but I see Dunfermline have announced last year they made a loss of a million pounds. All thsi rubbish Yorkston was spouting about cost cutting a year or so back and reducing players wages is just that rubbish

Dungdee fans on P and B appear confident an agreement is in place and that it will be passed :thumbdown:

The same fans who believed they would be winning the SPL in 3 seasons & leaving Dundee Utd well behind, I'll believe it when I see it, but hopefully I won't see it! They'll believe anything they want.

While we do things right letting Buchanan go as it was costing us so much how do they get away with hanging onto Harkins, Higgins and Forsyth an abolsute disgrace.

Slightly changing topic here but I see Dunfermline have announced last year they made a loss of a million pounds. All thsi rubbish Yorkston was spouting about cost cutting a year or so back and reducing players wages is just that rubbish

Grinded my gears yesterday with Billy Dodds going on about what a good job McIntyre was doing with 'no budget', bullshit Dodds.

See if I had my way Dundee would have been deducted maybe 10pts this season for going into administration, banned from buying players and promotion. Then, no matter what league they're in next season, a further deduction to reflect the value of the CVA. So, say no further deduction at 25p in the £ and a point for each penny below that, at a puny 6p in the £ they'd be starting next season at -19 points.

See if I had my way Dundee would have been deducted maybe 10pts this season for going into administration, banned from buying players and promotion. Then, no matter what league they're in next season, a further deduction to reflect the value of the CVA. So, say no further deduction at 25p in the £ and a point for each penny below that, at a puny 6p in the £ they'd be starting next season at -19 points.

How about reducing their points total next season by the percentage of money paid, i.e. at the end of the season multiply their points total by 0.06. If they pay the debts in full they can keep 100% of their points.

Don't care for all this "...would never wish for another club's demise..." shite. Awful fans, awful attitude, awful people, awful club. Let them reapply for league membership with Preston Athletic and Cove Rangers in 2 years time.

Agree with every word - except you missed a 0 after the 2.

Suppose we'll know soon enough, meeting and result of CVA is expected from High Noon onwards.

Totally agree with this and PGS's post.

My dancing shoes are polished and reasy to go....

The Dees fans on pie & bovril are very optimistic that the cva will be accepted.

It will be a disgrace if they are able to hang onto high earners like Harkins and Higgins over the summer and in fact strengthen over the same period

The Dees fans on pie & bovril are very optimistic that the cva will be accepted.

It will be a disgrace if they are able to hang onto high earners like Harkins and Higgins over the summer and in fact strengthen over the same period

I tend to agree...I dont think it will be bad news for Dundee, as I had said previously.

The situation is such an injustice - its the easy way out and they basically wont be penalised for it, in my opinion...makes you wonder why others dont just do it!?!?