Paton

RodMcDonaldJag

Good news about Paton if he eventually signs.

Going by the quotes it seems Boyle will be away to St Johnstone or Dunfermline. Presuming Dunfermline go up at least he is signing for a club who will be in the SPL rather than signing an improved deal with someone like Dundee who will be in the division next year.

Official site confirmation says "for another season" when Maxwell had indicated that Paton had been offered a 2 year deal.

Good news all the same.

Re Paton, possibly this was a compromise - he wanted to sign up as he was injured but still hopes for a move when he's fit again. At least it gives us 2 of a back 4 signed for next season. I should imagine Archie won't be too difficult to deal with (maybe offered coaching role?). Also apparently we've a good chance of getting Balatoni and McGowan on loan again next season so we should be OK -so long as we can find a decent left back.

I'd liked to have seen MacBeth getting a longer deal as I think he's got something the other young players haven't but I suppose they want to be sure he's 100% fit before offering a longer deal. Hope that doesn't back fire on us.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Re Paton, possibly this was a compromise - he wanted to sign up as he was injured but still hopes for a move when he's fit again. At least it gives us 2 of a back 4 signed for next season. I should imagine Archie won't be too difficult to deal with (maybe offered coaching role?). Also apparently we've a good chance of getting Balatoni and McGowan on loan again next season so we should be OK -so long as we can find a decent left back.

I'd liked to have seen MacBeth getting a longer deal as I think he's got something the other young players haven't but I suppose they want to be sure he's 100% fit before offering a longer deal. Hope that doesn't back fire on us.

interesting..surely we would have to offload one of the others though??? SID,Hinchy Jackie..Maxwell is Ian Cameron still there too??

interesting..surely we would have to offload one of the others though??? SID,Hinchy Jackie..Maxwell is Ian Cameron still there too??

Ian Cameron is still there. coaches under 19's and is there for first team on match days.

Can see Sid and Jackie leaving the club once their contracts expire. The other 3, I think will all be at firhill next season.

Also, can't see Archie not being offered and accepting a new deal.

• Members

Ah well another one slips through the net.

Just out of vague curiosity, who is this footballing plumber?

Wee Frankie's wee brother? I'm guessing he's not the tall target man we've been looking for!!!

Edited by Willjag

Relieved MacBeth got a new contract. Here's hoping he avoids any more setbacks and pushes on into the first team next season.

If Ryan did just that it could be quite a battle for midfield places. To me it looks like Campbell will be in the frame for a start and I'd anticipate the experience Bannigan has had this season will mean he'll push on too. Also McCall was saying that McGeough's future could be as a wide right midfielder.

Maybe we'll be playing an attacking version of 4-5-1 next season :unsure:

Paton Reaction in ET

What I will say for Paton is he sure knows how to play the media. Does he really expect us to believe he only signed a one-year deal to "avoid becoming complacent and act as motivation"? Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he has re-signed but, as admirable as his quotes are, I don't believe them for one minute.

I suspect MacBeth's contract has the option of another year so long as he avoids more serious injuries.

Paton Reaction in ET

What I will say for Paton is he sure knows how to play the media. Does he really expect us to believe he only signed a one-year deal to "avoid becoming complacent and act as motivation"? Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he has re-signed but, as admirable as his quotes are, I don't believe them for one minute.

I suspect MacBeth's contract has the option of another year so long as he avoids more serious injuries.

It's a good spin on it, but I don't believe it for a second. He'll leave next summer, if he has a good season, for nothing. Which he couldn't do on a 2yr deal. However, if having him helps us get promoted, I don't care if he's on a 1 year deal or a week-to-week deal!

It's a good spin on it, but I don't believe it for a second. He'll leave next summer, if he has a good season, for nothing. Which he couldn't do on a 2yr deal. However, if having him helps us get promoted, I don't care if he's on a 1 year deal or a week-to-week deal!

Or if we get promoted next season he may sign a new deal