Buying A Season Ticket

Fawlty Towers

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are You going to buy a season ticket?

• Yes - had one last season.
    • Yes - did not have one last season.
    • No - had one last season.
    • No - did not have one last season
    • Undecided - had one last season.
    • Undecided - did not have one last season.

I'll be there - quietly confident but I still don't think we have enough to win the league. I personally think that the team lacks a proper leader on the park and perhaps still a bit of fight when it gets rough.

I'll be happy with 2nd/3rd depending on any arrivials/departures.

There appears to be a lot of optimism around the club at the moment but will that translate in to an increase in the number of season tickets that are sold?

FT, any idea as to why the online payment function has been dropped?? Asked Ami in a reply to receiving the form, but not heard anything.

I didn't have a ST last year due to Work commitments. My work commitments have changed to thinking about it.

Undecided if i will or not, because, in the few games i was at last season, i wasnt entertained.

Also i go myself so if i could banjo a mate into getting one too then at least i'd have company if the game was poor.

Optomistic about what may I ask. Right now there's nothing to suggest we'll be any better than last season. A poll and thread probably better posted after McNamara actually signs anyone. Keeping my money and will do my usual half a dozen homes and half a dozen aways. Just about as much as I can take when our season starts going pear shaped in September.

Optomistic about what may I ask. Right now there's nothing to suggest we'll be any better than last season. A poll and thread probably better posted after McNamara actually signs anyone. Keeping my money and will do my usual half a dozen homes and half a dozen aways. Just about as much as I can take when our season starts going pear shaped in September.

You may ask - optimistic about a new young management team with fresh ideas who want to play attacking football that will get fans coming back to Firhill, optimistic about the development of good young players who have already had a taste of first team action and not looked out of place, optimistic because other teams will be reducing their squads and losing their best players and optimistic because things like the Firhill Cup and the fundraising site being organised by the admin guys show that the fans are working together for the benefit of Partick Thistle.

For your second sentence - there is nothing to suggest that we will be any worse than last season either and lets remember that after about a dozen games our form was excellent.

You may ask - optimistic about a new young management team with fresh ideas who want to play attacking football that will get fans coming back to Firhill, optimistic about the development of good young players who have already had a taste of first team action and not looked out of place, optimistic because other teams will be reducing their squads and losing their best players and optimistic because things like the Firhill Cup and the fundraising site being organised by the admin guys show that the fans are working together for the benefit of Partick Thistle.

For your second sentence - there is nothing to suggest that we will be any worse than last season either and lets remember that after about a dozen games our form was excellent.

I still don't buy into the optimistic chat about the coming season. Who is this optimism meant to washing over. Is there a big group of stay away fans who are gonna run out and buy season ticket. Answer is no. Hiring an untested manager to guide a team of average teenagers and some lower league cast off doesn't fill me with confidence. As for last season. Losing 5 of first 6 and 12 points from first 12 games doesn't constitute excellent form.

I still don't buy into the optimistic chat about the coming season. Who is this optimism meant to washing over. Is there a big group of stay away fans who are gonna run out and buy season ticket. Answer is no. Hiring an untested manager to guide a team of average teenagers and some lower league cast off doesn't fill me with confidence. As for last season. Losing 5 of first 6 and 12 points from first 12 games doesn't constitute excellent form.

Aye, you're probably right there.

One thing tho', the term "stay away fans". I don't think anyone on here knows what we can do to bring fans, who live within distance and can afford to come along, back regularly. I guess it would be fair to say the enthusiasm for next season lies mostly within the supporters who attend games on a regular basis. Let's hope that within that base we can sell more season tickets. If that occurs it would be reasonable to suggest that some of those who have chosen to previously stay away will at least become more frequent visitors.

Little steps in the right direction :thumbsup2:

As for last season. Losing 5 of first 6 and 12 points from first 12 games doesn't constitute excellent form.

The thing about form is that, it concerns your teams most recent games. If you look at last 5 (7), last 10 (15 points) or even last 20 (28 points), they're all a little more optimistic, perhaps not enough to win the league over a season but enough to finish in the top 4. Looking at the start of the season form is rather pointless at this stage.

The thing about form is that, it concerns your teams most recent games. If you look at last 5 (7), last 10 (15 points) or even last 20 (28 points), they're all a little more optimistic, perhaps not enough to win the league over a season but enough to finish in the top 4. Looking at the start of the season form is rather pointless at this stage.

Agreed, we need to wait until after xmas before our form becomes rubbish again. :rolleyes:

I do believe there is a fair bit of misplaced optimism....I sincerely hope that the Jags do well and I will be renewing my season ticket however lets not be selective on the form of last season this team is the same team that started so poorly different management team or not. I do believe as I have stated before that I think this season will be harder than the last and probably any other. I assume like me many people are fed up hearing about the finacial situation serious though it is but surely we can afford a couple of players to come in who will hopefully freshen up the squad and provide a bit of encouragement for the season ahead.

Bring on the new season but bring on new faces as well

Although it's a very similar squad I wouldn't say it's the same team at all compared to the 1 that had the awful start. Archibald was missing and we played Maxwell and/or Robertson in the middle of defence because of this along with McNamara in a sweeper role, Donnelly and Buchanan were both playing and not scoring for a good chunk of the bad run until Doolan finally got his chance away to Cowdenbeath (and scored in a defeat) , Erskine wasn't starting and most importantly Halliwell was in goals.

I'm not really sure I'm optimistic about next season. I can say that I'm not pessimistic, but I don't see us doing much more than we've already done this season.

Only thing that will change that is to find that constraints on other teams are levelling the playing field but I think that even then we'd still be behind the financial pace.

I'll probably be renewing my season ticket as I'm too set in my ways to do otherwise. I won't be buying one for my son though as he won't be able to make all the matches and I'm not feeling inclined to make what amounted to a donation as I was twelve months ago.

Although it's a very similar squad I wouldn't say it's the same team at all compared to the 1 that had the awful start. Archibald was missing and we played Maxwell and/or Robertson in the middle of defence because of this along with McNamara in a sweeper role, Donnelly and Buchanan were both playing and not scoring for a good chunk of the bad run until Doolan finally got his chance away to Cowdenbeath (and scored in a defeat) , Erskine wasn't starting and most importantly Halliwell was in goals.

Yes your right its not going to be the same team just about 2-3 diferences???.....but who exactly is going to partner Archie...who is going to partner Doolan if it comes about....The only real bonus is Fox in goals. We have at this time more questions than answers re the team as there is no way you can expect the youngsters to play for a season. Is it going to be a 4-4-2 or 3-5-1 regardless key positions need cover or filling...left back, centre Defence, Midfield. I do believe and Im guessing that the manager will play 1 up front more often than not therefore maybe not getting somebody else in for that position. But we do need new blood as a whole.

Yes your right its not going to be the same team just about 2-3 diferences???

Archibald fit

Doolan playing

Erskine playing

Fox instead of Halliwell

Grehan/Stewart instead of Donnelly

Not playing McNamara or Maxwell

That's more than 2 or 3 differences and the top 4 especially are a major difference to the team. It was an entirely different team that went on a good run of form to that which started the season badly and to use the bad start to last season as a reason to be pessimistic about next season is as misplaced as believing we'll definitely challenge for the league.

but who exactly is going to partner Archie

Kinniburgh as he has done this season with a signing needed as backup should either of them get injured.

who is going to partner Doolan if it comes about

Grehan and/or Stewart if he re-signs. A far more attractive prospect than seeing either Buchanan or Donnelly like the beginning of last season. The major difference between the beginning of this coming season and the beginning of last season is we at least have 1 striker who finished the previous season with goal scoring form. It's not ideal but take a look around the division and there isn't much quality up front and if Stewart is as good as his last couple of games suggest we could have 2 of the better forwards in the league.

We have at this time more questions than answers re the team as there is no way you can expect the youngsters to play for a season.Is it going to be a 4-4-2 or 3-5-1 regardless key positions need cover or filling...left back, centre Defence, Midfield. I do believe and Im guessing that the manager will play 1 up front more often than not therefore maybe not getting somebody else in for that position. But we do need new blood as a whole.

There certainly are some questions but we have far more answers than any other team in the division as no one else has anywhere near the same amount of players signed up for next season and beyond. I don't think anyone is relying on any of the youngsters to play week in week out but we certainly look better on that front than most of the division as we've already got Fraser, MacBeth and Bannigan having played a fair bit of first team football whether that be at Firhill or out on loan. The only other teams off the top of my head that have also played a few youngsters are Livingston on occasion and Queens due to having a small squad. McNamara has already stated he prefers to play a 4-3-3 formation and has done so by playing all 3 of Doolan, Grehan and Stewart in some matches so I'm not sure I'd agree he'll be looking to play 1 up front a lot. I agree we need a left back if Boyle goes as expected but really that's the only position we need a first choice player for if we can re-sign Rowson and Stewart, compare it to other teams in the division where you have the likes of Morton with half a defence and half a midfield or Dundee who don't have a recognised striker signed up other than a teenager and there is cause to be cautiously optimistic about our chances of doing well this year. We don't really need that much new blood as we won't be losing many at all. Balatoni has returned to Hearts and Halliwell will be gone and Scully will remain 2nd choice goalkeeper freeing up a wage or two plus any of Robertson, Hodge or Flannigan going will free up room in the squad for a couple of signings. I'd be surprised if McNamara brought in a huge amount of players and don't really think he needs to either.

I would back Pie of the Month's post above. For too many years now I've looked forward to an end-of-season clear-out and a whole bunch of new faces arriving at Firhill to freshen the whole squad up. But this time it's different; I'm actually pleased at those we already have on the books, and feel that it's a question of plugging 2 or 3 gaps rather than wholesale changes. A few good players to add to what we have, and we should be in a position to have a decent crack at it.

I would back Pie of the Month's post above. For too many years now I've looked forward to an end-of-season clear-out and a whole bunch of new faces arriving at Firhill to freshen the whole squad up. But this time it's different; I'm actually pleased at those we already have on the books, and feel that it's a question of plugging 2 or 3 gaps rather than wholesale changes. A few good players to add to what we have, and we should be in a position to have a decent crack at it.

Mcall's Legacy? :)

If we could get Balatoni and Stewart back in, things would look very promising. Cant see Balatoni getting a game with the Jambo's next season so we should be battering at JJ's door before someone beats us to it!! Stewart looked very good in the last few games and would be a very good signing

Edited by Lindau

Just thinking about the mention of Mick McCarthy further back, I reckon Griffiths will be back in Scotland on loan next season and I suspect he may well be back with Dundee.

Dunno; since Wolves survived by the very skin of their teeth, they'll be looking for something different next season. It may be better for them to have Griffiths around andplaying in the reserves every week so that at least they can try him out when required. I'm not sure that in their position just leaving him back at Dundee would be much help, as he's not going to improve there.