Jags Fan Chased By Bull

Martin

I don't think that's what he was saying. I'm fairly sure that isinglass is used as fining in table wine and most certainly in many beers. Isinglass being a by product of fish gut.

If we're including ales in beers then yes, otherwise most beers don't use it and many of those who used to use it now use an alternative agent for fining.

You and the other poster are making an accusation, so it's up to you to provide evidence. I'm not making accusations, so I need to prove nothing.

A link was provided, you chose to ignore it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone clearly doesn't know there's a difference between vegetarianism and veganism. And the vast majority of beers are vegetarian, for someone who doesn't drink it's strange you're such an expert in alcohol.

Didn't realise I had to drink to have a rough idea what was included in the process.

Interesting article on the use of isinglass in brewing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isinglass

Here's the link I was reading: My link

Showing that many commonly drunk beers are not suitable, including; Fosters, Stella, Tennents & Guinness as well as loads that are more unlikely to be drunk (heavy), especially by the younger generation.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Didn't realise I had to drink to have a rough idea what was included in the process.

Here's the link I was reading: My link

Showing that many commonly drunk beers are not suitable, including; Fosters, Stella, Tennents & Guinness as well as loads that are more unlikely to be drunk (heavy), especially by the younger generation.

The problem with providing links to websites last updated in 2006 is it tends to miss out major pieces of information such as Stella being vegan friendly since 2009 and Fosters no longer using isinglass on all its beer.

Because i have always found him to be a complete twat. On numerous occasions I have seen him verbally abuse Thistle fans who didn't join in with his 'drunken banter'. I've seen him been thrown out of at least three matches for being abusive towards stewards ( or being picked on as his devout followers will have you believe). He's also been so drunk at games that he finds it okay to pish in the middle of a street in broad daylight with families close by. All while wearing the Thistle strip.

He might be a legend to some people on here but that says more about them than him. Personally i find him an embaressment to the club at times.

You sir, are an absolute disgrace.

To attempt an assassination on a fellow jags fan's character from the safety of a computer, anonymously, is nothing short of cowardly in the extreme.

On all these occasions when Gus has offended you so greatly, have you ever confronted him? I'm guessing the answer is no, but yet you will try to publicly shame him on a public forum to fellow jags fans.

Gus likes a drink before a game, as do myself and many others. However, your accusations of abuse towards other jags fans are nothing short of complete rubbish. You have absolutely no right to make these allegations without proof. And do you think he's the only fan to ever have a run in with stewards? I can assure you he is not, and there are many jags fans who have had many more run ins with stewards/police than Gus.

Gus is one of the only jags fans left that tries to get an atmosphere going. If guys like you had their way, the atmosphere would be even more non-existent than it is now.

I don't know Gus and sure as hell won't form any opinion of him based on the comments on here.

When I first saw the picture (and for the record I'm against animal cruelty) I thought it was a funny picture and it gave the club a bit of publicity that would do us no harm.

Even after reading this thread for last couple of days, I still think the same.

It's sad that from some, Gus has came in for more stick (as have greaves and the club) on this thread than the Hearts lad has on the thread about his other activities.

You sir, are an absolute disgrace.

To attempt an assassination on a fellow jags fan's character from the safety of a computer, anonymously, is nothing short of cowardly in the extreme.

On all these occasions when Gus has offended you so greatly, have you ever confronted him? I'm guessing the answer is no, but yet you will try to publicly shame him on a public forum to fellow jags fans.

Gus likes a drink before a game, as do myself and many others. However, your accusations of abuse towards other jags fans are nothing short of complete rubbish. You have absolutely no right to make these allegations without proof. And do you think he's the only fan to ever have a run in with stewards? I can assure you he is not, and there are many jags fans who have had many more run ins with stewards/police than Gus.

Gus is one of the only jags fans left that tries to get an atmosphere going. If guys like you had their way, the atmosphere would be even more non-existent than it is now.

So we agree on the drinking and the troubles with stewards. As for confronting him, no I haven't for the simple fact that he hasn't abused either myself or anybody I go to the games with. Had he done so I would have no problem confronting him. Although we saw what happened last season when someone confronted one of the 'atmosphere providers'. You may find drunken abuse as atmosphere at a game but not everybody does. What's funny when you are drunk isn't always funny when you are sober and not everybody feels the need to drink at football. The old firm use the same excuse about atmosphere when justifying their sectarian bile. Yes you can call those who dont swear, abuse other fans etc as boring and killing the game but take a long hard look at some of the behaviour in a football ground and ask yourself if it would be acceptable in everyday life. Personally the thought of going on away days and having to put up with the drunken behaviour of some fans puts me off going to games far more than the lack of atmosphere.

So we agree on the drinking and the troubles with stewards. As for confronting him, no I haven't for the simple fact that he hasn't abused either myself or anybody I go to the games with. Had he done so I would have no problem confronting him. Although we saw what happened last season when someone confronted one of the 'atmosphere providers'. You may find drunken abuse as atmosphere at a game but not everybody does. What's funny when you are drunk isn't always funny when you are sober and not everybody feels the need to drink at football. The old firm use the same excuse about atmosphere when justifying their sectarian bile. Yes you can call those who dont swear, abuse other fans etc as boring and killing the game but take a long hard look at some of the behaviour in a football ground and ask yourself if it would be acceptable in everyday life. Personally the thought of going on away days and having to put up with the drunken behaviour of some fans puts me off going to games far more than the lack of atmosphere.

I can understand those folks on here who are annoyed, irate even, about the association between PTFC/Greaves and the Pamplona Bull Run. I can respect their opinions even if I don't agree.

I think tho' that having a go at Gus just now rather unfair. The guy posts on here but is clearly on holiday and probably not in a position to reply. I'll repeat that I don't believe the bloke is a particularly excessive drinker (on match days anyway) and you're painting a stereotypical picture of him that's possibly inaccurate.

dont class jags fans with the old firm,many thistle fans went to blyth gus included and had a great time

in their social club spent loads of money sang their hearts out,families included,so much they want to play us every pre season, oh and no arrests!!Partick thistle fans best in the world in my opinion

Again, references to "drunken abuse" without any evidence provided whatsoever. On top of that, comparing a die hard jags fan to a sectarian Old Firm bigot. I would suggest you think long and hard about what you are accusing people of before posting. As I said earlier, you are attempting to assassinate a fellow jags fans character with allegations that have no foundation.

Really?? think you must be watching the wrong sport then...I have never on any away days met any fan sober or not who has that kind of attitude!!

On away days all like minded jolly jags usually stick together so I really don;t see your problem!!

You should maybe go to Firhill on a friday night and mix with that kind of ra ra crowd..leave us fitba ruffians in peace!

Really?? think you must be watching the wrong sport then...I have never on any away days met any fan sober or not who has that kind of attitude!!

On away days all like minded jolly jags usually stick together so I really don;t see your problem!!

You should maybe go to Firhill on a friday night and mix with that kind of ra ra crowd..leave us fitba ruffians in peace!

Can i say something here................Na , best leave it !!!!! (LOL)

Surely you mean Bullocks?

Vom, when good folk like you are able to pun, it gives me faith in

Thistle fans!

More power to Gus for making this possible..,

Feck sake, a good news Thistle new strip story leads to a thread about animal ethics? I'll be back on me fish puns afore you know it (if Mod7 allows). I haddock enough of this over-earnest seriousness.

Vom, when good folk like you are able to pun, it gives me faith in

Thistle fans!

More power to Gus for making this possible..,

Feck sake, a good news Thistle new strip story leads to a thread about animal ethics?

Well said, Sandy.

I don't know Gus personally, but recognise him from the pictures as a guy I've seen at many games. Like many fans he's clearly had a wee drink by kick-off time - SO FECKIN WHAT? I personally haven't been drunk at a game for about twenty years, because I've had to drive to the game (Hunbrox semi-final excepted). But I'll tell you something, if we sterilised the behaviour of our fans to eliminate tipsiness, especially at away games, then I'd probably reduce even further the amount of games I get to. Three quarters of my favourite games of the past years have been away from home - eg Lancaster - where there's been hordes of semi-drunken Jags fans doing their damnest to whip up an atmosphere - another example - Annan - and for me it makes the day.

Just as a by the way, I happened to be standing near Gus at Blyth and although he looked as if he'd had one or two, his behaviour was impeccable.

My own take on it is that you don't need to be drunk yourself to appreciate the efforts of the sometimes half cut shed mob to make a support of a few hundred sound like a few thousand. Apart from my love of the football club, I've always felt our supporters are the best in the world, and nothing I've seen or heard in recent years has changed that.

Monni Thistle - gaun yersel Gus.

Well said, Sandy.

I don't know Gus personally, but recognise him from the pictures as a guy I've seen at many games. Like many fans he's clearly had a wee drink by kick-off time - SO FECKIN WHAT? I personally haven't been drunk at a game for about twenty years, because I've had to drive to the game (Hunbrox semi-final excepted). But I'll tell you something, if we sterilised the behaviour of our fans to eliminate tipsiness, especially at away games, then I'd probably reduce even further the amount of games I get to. Three quarters of my favourite games of the past years have been away from home - eg Lancaster - where there's been hordes of semi-drunken Jags fans doing their damnest to whip up an atmosphere - another example - Annan - and for me it makes the day.

Just as a by the way, I happened to be standing near Gus at Blyth and although he looked as if he'd had one or two, his behaviour was impeccable.

My own take on it is that you don't need to be drunk yourself to appreciate the efforts of the sometimes half cut shed mob to make a support of a few hundred sound like a few thousand. Apart from my love of the football club, I've always felt our supporters are the best in the world, and nothing I've seen or heard in recent years has changed that.

Monni Thistle - gaun yersel Gus.

100% agree with this...and Sandy. I began to wonder what some fans make of me and the mates I go to the games with after the slating Gus has taken from some in this thread. Many a time we've been 'under the influence' on away days (personally I was absolutely honkin at Annan) and occassionally we are in the vacinity of Gus (and other like-minded Jags) . Then I thought, 'feck it, don't care! We aint doin anyone any harm'.

Gus is a character and a lot of Jags fans love him for that. Dingwall in the rain, taps aff day, Gus was quality...but the 'look down the nose' brigade probably won't have seen it that way :rolleyes:

im in tears reading this post man what a laugh. we've had animal cruelty, folk refusing to shop at greaves,folk wanting to stop supporting thistle, folk having a shouting match about being vegetarians, talk about 'isinglass' or 'finings' that are used in beer making, the talk of assasinating fellow fans characters and comparing jags fans to old firm fans, next we'll be talking about frikin sharks with frikin lasers attached to their frikin heads.(no animal cruelty meant there) as dr evil would say riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttt

im in tears reading this post man what a laugh. we've had animal cruelty, folk refusing to shop at greaves,folk wanting to stop supporting thistle, folk having a shouting match about being vegetarians, talk about 'isinglass' or 'finings' that are used in beer making, the talk of assasinating fellow fans characters and comparing jags fans to old firm fans, next we'll be talking about frikin sharks with frikin lasers attached to their frikin heads.(no animal cruelty meant there) as dr evil would say riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttt

glad to oblige!

shark with laser

Jeez, where to start on this thread?

Car crash central from some.

First 5 pages, gimmefukinstrength.

Gus and other shed (and aggro) boys (some appearing less often in past year or two for multitude of reasons) is what Thistle need. And more of them. Not less. On the fora, at games, standing up, singing, being vocal, creating atmosphere and invaluable backing for the team (can be either sober or have a few drinks in them, doesn't matter), in the pubs, in the press, in society in general, across Glasgow and beyond. Not the sanctimonious claptrap that some are embarrassing themselves here royally with.

Posts on page 6 (125-150) sums it up.....2 clear dividing lines/sides have appeared.....likes of ian_mac, blackpooljags, steven-h, chicofan, amongst others making some excellent posts and facts.....as for the other side (on page 6, and previous pages), they should [a] get a life take a long good hard look at themselves in the mirror [c] get to know Gus, and find your pish ill-founded preconceived view of him (and slanderous to boot) to be so totally unfounded and so off the mark.

Not going to say what he does workwise or ratio of his drink to keeping fit hours (not my place to), but if you think the bullrun is the only time Gus runs or breaks a sweat or does any exercise, you couldn't be more wrong, and no 'drunken bum' (like some are trying to paint him) would be able to do a tenth of what Gus does.

I'm Proud to be a Jags fan.

I'm Proud Gus is a Jags fan.

Oh, and as for the dozens of posts slamming the greaves/thistle/gus/bullrun with the nonsense about animal rights, cruelty, boycotting and all that other bollocks i can't be arsed typing about/quoting, for my eyes bled reading it, don't get me started.

And for the record, these two post have been made while stone cold sober.

Jeez, where to start on this thread?

Car crash central from some.

First 5 pages, gimmefukinstrength.

Gus and other shed (and aggro) boys (some appearing less often in past year or two for multitude of reasons) is what Thistle need. And more of them. Not less. On the fora, at games, standing up, singing, being vocal, creating atmosphere and invaluable backing for the team (can be either sober or have a few drinks in them, doesn't matter), in the pubs, in the press, in society in general, across Glasgow and beyond. Not the sanctimonious claptrap that some are embarrassing themselves here royally with.

Posts on page 6 (125-150) sums it up.....2 clear dividing lines/sides have appeared.....likes of ian_mac, blackpooljags, steven-h, chicofan, amongst others making some excellent posts and facts.....as for the other side (on page 6, and previous pages), they should [a] get a life take a long good hard look at themselves in the mirror [c] get to know Gus, and find your pish ill-founded preconceived view of him (and slanderous to boot) to be so totally unfounded and so off the mark.

Not going to say what he does workwise or ratio of his drink to keeping fit hours (not my place to), but if you think the bullrun is the only time Gus runs or breaks a sweat or does any exercise, you couldn't be more wrong, and no 'drunken bum' (like some are trying to paint him) would be able to do a tenth of what Gus does.

I'm Proud to be a Jags fan.

I'm Proud Gus is a Jags fan.

:thumbsup2: