Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers will be voted back into the SPL. Mark my words.

There is no Rangers. I don't think the SPL can afford to vote Newco in either. Putting aside the argument whether Newco is a busted flush anyway, the secret ballot doesn't help. If Newco are voted in then fans of all clubs who voted either way will assume thier own club voted for it whtehr they did or not - and if clubs come out and say they didn't to protect themselves from the backlash, what happens if a majority of clubs say they didn't?

Edited by Mr Bunny

Yawn.

You may think it's boring that folk keep saying this but it's true. And it's important to keep saying it because otherwise you're getting drawn into accepting the arguments of the ones who want to keep up the levels of corruption in our game.

Rangers as was are in liquidation. Green's Newco has some ex-Rangers assets (or claims he has it's all very dubious and my guess is if it wasn't for some behind the scenes political pressure an investigation would already be ongoing into this) and is trying to set up a club - which he hopes to be able to sell as the new Rangers to the old fans.

None of that is settled yet. He hasn't got the Newco registered as a valid club yet (still being processed) and the SFA have't yet ruled on whether he is a proper and competent person to run a club. Yet we're having votes on whether this not-yet-club should be admitted to a league and admitted as high up the league as possible. Not only that letting in a club that may still explode in our faces.

We should actually be discussing whether we should let Spartans into league 3, not the nonsense that's going on now.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Crisis over. newco say sorry http://www.rangers.c...rticle/2830556?

oh well that makes it ok then the durty b*steds - perfectly timed while the SFL meeting is in situ or am I just a cynic?

no words there about doing the decent thing and having a years sabbatical or applying to division 3

fervently hope that one (or more) of the chairmen at todays meeting is wired up and recording every minute for a future panorama

So this is Dongcasters argument , ALL Tv and Radio deals will be cancelled if ZombieRangers arent in SPL in 2013/14. What happens if they dont win promotion ?

Totally corrupt and incompetant , completely and utterly disgusted by all this shit going on.

Im off to get drunk :D

So this is Dongcasters argument , ALL Tv and Radio deals will be cancelled if ZombieRangers arent in SPL in 2013/14. What happens if they dont win promotion ?

Totally corrupt and incompetant , completely and utterly disgusted by all this shit going on.

Jim Spence@bbcjimspence

Neil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

This is getting more bizarre by the minute!!!

Jim Spence@bbcjimspence

Sfa will not allow rfc newco into spl says Stewart Regan

Does anyone believe a single word any of these guys are coming out with?

I thought the SFA couldn't stop this if the SPL voted that way. If they can why are they allowing them into the SFL? Surely whatever makes them unsuitable for the SPL makes them unsuitable for any league?

Edited by Mr Bunny

It would almost, almost be worth having them in SPL1 tom them watch them finishing third and lose the play-off. :lol:

I thought the SFA couldn't stop this if the SPL voted that way. If they can why are they allowing them into the SFL? Surely whatever makes them unsuitable for the SPL makes them unsuitable for any league?

Green still has no licence so they could probably refuse to grant it in this case?

It might be a political move to head off a percieved SPL power grab.

Green still has no licence so they could probably refuse to grant it in this case?

It might be a political move to head off a percieved SPL power grab.

I thought SPL license was automatically granted if they got SPL status. Of course, I may have made the mistake of actually (half) believing something I read in one of our local newspapers.

I thought SPL license was automatically granted if they got SPL status. Of course, I may have made the mistake of actually (half) believing something I read in one of our local newspapers.

You could be right, I've no idea. Although as the overall governing body, isn't it the SFA who are in control of that sort of stuff?

Roger Mitchell was saying a few weeks ago that this decision should be taken out of the hands of the SPL chairmen as they were in a damned if they do/damned if they don't situation. Maybe that's what's just been done, safest way out of this for the SPL chairmen.

Roger Mitchell was saying a few weeks ago that this decision should be taken out of the hands of the SPL chairmen as they were in a damned if they do/damned if they don't situation. Maybe that's what's just been done, safest way out of this for the SPL chairmen.

...and instead damns the SFL chairmen. Good job.

but then dumped right back on our doorstep. I don't know what Regan can do in way of forcing newco on Div 1 but I think he's trying it on at this very minute.

...and instead damns the SFL chairmen. Good job.

but then dumped right back on our doorstep. I don't know what Regan can do in way of forcing newco on Div 1 but I think he's trying it on at this very minute.

Yip, I got the 'irony' of that, but we'll do the right...won't we :thinking:

Woe to you oh Scottish football fan, for you have turned your back on the lord your god that is Rangers football club. You have been deaf to the cries of the Pharisees in the SFA/SFL when they begged you to turn away from the road to perdition and eternal damnation that must surely follow the exclusion of Rangers from the SPL. You have gainsaid the scribes of the Scottish media, who have striven earnestly to set before you the great lamentations that will surely arise in the land as a result of "Hungeddon". You are deaf to the prophecies of great weeping and gnashing of teeth, that were foretold by the ancient prophets such as Gordon Smith who wondered the land for countless days after his expulsion from the Garden of Edam. You must remember that these sins will lie on you and your children's children at least until Rangers are undisputed kings of Scottish football.

It is not too late, realise your sin, support the newco and abandon any pretence at honour, dignity and fairness.

Before its too late gonnae save the Rangers!