and likely to be farmed out for a year! whats the point of that?

He obviously has some talent, send him out on loan & see how he does, if he does well he comes back with experience & confidence plus he can't be poached on a free as he's under contract. If it doesn't work out then we've probably had most of his wages paid for the season & he won't be on much come next summer should we want to move him on.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McAleer will probably go to a better than average third division team.

Loaning out our young players that are not making the first team squad makes a lot of sense to me. It does not always work out, however the experience can bring them on.

It'll be interesting to see how Jamie Campbell has developed. I thought he was looking potentially very good at the tail end of the season before last.

Scott Robertson has been unlucky not to get a new deal imo. I still think we're short on central defenders, but that depends on a number of things.

1) How Lindsay has developed. 2) If Aaron Muirhead can make the step up as easily as Sinclair has. 3) If Archie is capable of regular first team football for another season (I think he will play a lesser role this term). 4) What's the plan for Paton, midfield or centre half (please not right back/wing back)? 5) What system are we gona play next season?

Only Jackie can know the answer to these questions so, based on what we've seen so far since the season ended, I'm happy to trust him. Bring on 2012/13 :D

Robertson brought a physical presence to the central defence that we didn't otherwise have. None of the guys we have there is particularly tall, though I don't know about Muirhead. I reckon you can get away with one or two shorties there, but these days you really need at least one 6-footer.

Robertson brought a physical presence to the central defence that we didn't otherwise have. None of the guys we have there is particularly tall, though I don't know about Muirhead. I reckon you can get away with one or two shorties there, but these days you really need at least one 6-footer.

That's ok then, w have at least 3 in Archi, Balatoni and Sinclair :thumbsup2:

It'll be interesting to see how Jamie Campbell has developed. I thought he was looking potentially very good at the tail end of the season before last.

I think from some of the comments both Campbell and Lindsey had an indifferent time on loan. Campbell apparently played at left wing back for some of his games.

Brechin fans thought Lindsey was good coming forward but week defensively.Both are going to have to work hard to get into the team this season, but as you said Campbell did look good when he played. Not seen enough of Lindsey to make a comment.

A loan move for Scully was also mentioned. If that happens, we will need back-up for Fox.

I'm all for this. Just need to see what's happened to Tuffey to realise you need your second goalie (if he's envisaged as a future first team keeper) getting as much game time as possible.

Don't think Jackie would bring in a back up for Fox as we've got Wightman should Foxy need to be subbed or is sent off. Might be wrong but I think you can recall a keeper in an emergency should Fox get injured. Either way there's be no shortage of clubs willing to farm out a keeper in an emergency loan.