Err Hello

Toaster

Err Hi there,

Thought I better make a wee thread introducting myself rather than being a random name on the bottom of your screens

Some of you may recognize the username from Lindaus thread froma few days ago http://www.wearethis...in-great-story/

I was pointed over here by some of the Jags fans over at P&B so here I am

As you might know I was a Rangers fan. Brought up that way and even for a time working at Ibrox(no I didn’t have 2 contracts or an EBT before you ask) Sadly my club indulged in all sorts of unsavoury behavior that I don’t agree with and I was sickened with the whole situation. My son is just starting to show an interest in the game and last year was badgering me to take him to games. Obviously I wouldn’t let him near Ibrox due to the unsavoury atmosphere that tends to hang over the place due to a minority of idiots and The wife supports the other cheek and despite her best attempts there was no way I was taking my boy to Parkhead. So it was a summer of much contemplation With my club looking more arrogant and being honest here unsavoury by the day and the pressure of a young un wantig to Go to the football I decided to investigate the options of finding a local team to introduce him too. Took me all of 5 minutes to realize that Thistle have a family friendly policy a lacking of muppets amongst their supporters and its only 10 minutes up the road.

Soo the boy and I managed to attend our First Thistle game on Saturday vs Celtic. Great day had by all and the wee fella is hooked. Don’t know whats more appealing though, the decent football of the Awesome hotdogs. Either way I guess you’ll be seeing as at a few games this season if not all Planning our first away game up to Clyde on Saturday.

561136_451701018197476_1069097566_n.jpg

mini Toaster at the Craib Cup, having a great day out

Stay with it - it might be a difficult journey some of the time but ultimately it is worth it.

There will be days when you will question your sanity but those tend to be overshadowed by the, admittedly probably fewer, days when the unexpected joy of a victory will wipe out all the bad memories.

Err Hi there,

Thought I better make a wee thread introducting myself rather than being a random name on the bottom of your screens

Some of you may recognize the username from Lindaus thread froma few days ago http://www.wearethis...in-great-story/

I was pointed over here by some of the Jags fans over at P&B so here I am

As you might know I was a Rangers fan. Brought up that way and even for a time working at Ibrox(no I didn’t have 2 contracts or an EBT before you ask) Sadly my club indulged in all sorts of unsavoury behavior that I don’t agree with and I was sickened with the whole situation. My son is just starting to show an interest in the game and last year was badgering me to take him to games. Obviously I wouldn’t let him near Ibrox due to the unsavoury atmosphere that tends to hang over the place due to a minority of idiots and The wife supports the other cheek and despite her best attempts there was no way I was taking my boy to Parkhead. So it was a summer of much contemplation With my club looking more arrogant and being honest here unsavoury by the day and the pressure of a young un wantig to Go to the football I decided to investigate the options of finding a local team to introduce him too. Took me all of 5 minutes to realize that Thistle have a family friendly policy a lacking of muppets amongst their supporters and its only 10 minutes up the road.

Soo the boy and I managed to attend our First Thistle game on Saturday vs Celtic. Great day had by all and the wee fella is hooked. Don’t know whats more appealing though, the decent football of the Awesome hotdogs. Either way I guess you’ll be seeing as at a few games this season if not all Planning our first away game up to Clyde on Saturday.561136_451701018197476_1069097566_n.jpg mini Toaster at the Craib Cup, having a great day out

magic stuff. keep him coming and one day soon he'll get what its all about at firhill - and you will too :-)

I made the same journey when I was 9 and have never regretted it. Once a Jag, always a Jag!

me too around 8. One thing Toaster, we do have a minority of idiots as well, just like every other club. Enjoy the ride & I hope young Toaster sticks with it

Welcome Toaster and mini Toaster.

I hope that you and your son don't expect us to win a cup like that every week, I don't want to be the barer of ad news, but we've not historically been that sort of club. Maybe you might bring the luck that changes that :-) What I can tell you is that news of a hard fought win on a miserable November night in Cowdenbeith will feel as good as a title to an old firm fan. Christ, I can remember us doing a lap of honour having won a throw in !

Anyway, I hope that the journey you and mini Toaster have embarked on will be as enjoyable as the one I started over 40 years ago.

Great story Toaster.

Welcome to you and your son.

Make sure you point them in the direction of the kids end!

I kid of course - mini toaster is actually rather cute!

Mini Toaster can get a free season ticket from the club. We also have the "Wee MacBs" which is £10 for the season.

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/fans/wee_macbs

He gets a little MacB passport amongst other things with all the players pictures in there, and after each home game he can go to the player zone and meet a player and get their autograph in his wee book.

Forgot to say - you picked a great season to start following us considering we will win the league - this is the year! :)! (Pre season optimism usually dies around the 2nd game of the league!)

Edited by little_miss_jag

Make sure you point them in the direction of the kids end!

I kid of course - mini toaster is actually rather cute!

Mini Toaster can get a free season ticket from the club. We also have the "Wee MacBs" which is £10 for the season.

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/fans/wee_macbs

He gets a little MacB passport amongst other things with all the players pictures in there, and after each home game he can go to the player zone and meet a player and get their autograph in his wee book.

Forgot to say - you picked a great season to start following us considering we will win the league - this is the year! :)! (Pre season optimism usually dies around the 2nd game of the league!)

At half time!

Seriously though, once smitten and all that. Great too that the wee lad's now hooked.

All the best to the two of you. Monni Thistle.

Yeah it is a great story, hence why I posted it originally and it would be great if Tom did a wee article in the proggie about it. Welcome to the Great Glasgow Alternative guys....you are in for a bumpy but enjoyable ride :happy2:

Welcome aboard hope wee toaster brings us some luck this season

Welcome, I made a similar journey, albeit from the Green and white end of town almost forty years ago. I'd like to tell you that everything will be wonderful now and that you'll never regret your choice, but in all honesty that'd probably be guiding the lilly overmuch.

However you will have what money can'y buy i.e. a clear conscience and more importantly the knowledge that you've saved your boy's soul as well. Not perpetuating bigotry is a great achievement.

On the football side, I won't lie the bad times will probably be more numerous than the triumphs. Nonetheless, along the way I'm sure you'll have some unforgettable days and will learn possibly most importantly that winning isn't the be all and end all and that having a laugh along the way helps keep football in its proper percpective.

Edited by stillresigned