Games You Wish You Hadnt Seen.

jagfox

One game springs to mind for me - needless to say it was at Meadowbank August 1985 or 86 ish? - a first game of the season, full of hope/expectation - 2-1 up with a few mins to go - needless to say it finished 2-3. Made me yearn for the close season again.....................season didn't get any better as I recall

Sellick winning 7-0 at Parkhead in November 1973 was an awful experience - http://www.theceltic...n+1+-+Pictures. Dixie Deans scored six of them and I'm sure that Alan Hansen would wish to forget that match too.

I guess we'd well and truly given up by the time Deans is heading in his last goal there - there's no-one near him!

Sellick winning 7-0 at Parkhead in November 1973 was an awful experience - http://www.theceltic...n+1+-+Pictures. Dixie Deans scored six of them and I'm sure that Alan Hansen would wish to forget that match too.

I doubt if Alan Hansen was in the team at that time, probably 2 years too early. I was at that game & remember it kicked off about 1pm due to power cuts and strikes. I also think Roughie had a few saves that day or it could have been a lot worse

Game against East Fife up at New Bayview. We lost one - nil, and the highlight of the whole match was the skiving crane operator at the power station who stopped moving coal about to watch the match, and then started again. He got a cheer from the support, the match was so poor. Booted a chair myself at that one.

during the bunnet reign we played Alloa at Recreation Park and lost 1-0 midweek, it was an awful performance and probably the 2nd coldest I've ever been in my life after the Aberdeen game at Firhill that was called off. Did Provnychenko or whoever it was play for us that night in Alloa? disgusting performance.the defeats against Gretna are up there aswell.

We also played Arbroath midweek and lost 1-0 aswell, I think thats when we won the 2nd div. that was a cold night aswell, my mate had to go back to the supporters bus at half time and sit there cos he was so cold!

Clydebank 7 - Partick Thistle 1 :shok:

horrific...although sammy johnstones goal was a rasper :happy2:

I was in their daft wee stand for that one. I was going to a mate's wedding. Chic was in the stand in front of me. Eadie got 4, end of season but didn't hurt too much.

during the bunnet reign we played Alloa at Recreation Park and lost 1-0 midweek, it was an awful performance and probably the 2nd coldest I've ever been in my life after the Aberdeen game at Firhill that was called off. Did Provnychenko or whoever it was play for us that night in Alloa? disgusting performance.the defeats against Gretna are up there aswell.

We also played Arbroath midweek and lost 1-0 aswell, I think thats when we won the 2nd div. that was a cold night aswell, my mate had to go back to the supporters bus at half time and sit there cos he was so cold!

Yup, it was bloody cold, The Ukrainian played half a game and I think Jose Quitongo got a few minutes. Didn't we lose consecutive home games 5-0 and 6-1 that season? Gretna and St Johnstone? The 3-1 relegation game was hard. My wee boy kept telling me not to cry as we walked down Maryhill Road after the game.

Thistle 1 v 3 Ayr - May 1998.

Thistle 0 v 4 St Johnstone - April 2005.

Thistle 1 v 5 St Johnstone - September 2006. Left at half time.

Thistle 0 v 6 Gretna - September 2006. Left at half time.

Dunfermline 2 v 0 Thistle - March 2007. Scottish Cup.

Thistle 0 v 4 Clyde - March 2007.

Thistle 0 v 1 Airdrie Utd - October 2008. Challenge Cup semi final.

Thistle 0 v 1 Clyde - March 2009.

Raith Rovers 1 v 0 Thistle - January 2010.

Thistle 1 v 4 Dunfermline - March 2010.

St Johnstone 2 v 0 Thistle - February 2011. Scottish Cup.

Culter 1 v 1 Thistle - November 2011. Horrible, horrible day.

Thistle 0 v 1 QoS - January 2012. Scottish Cup.

Livingston 3 v 1 Thistle - February 2012. One of the worst Thistle performances I have ever witnessed.