Challenge Cup Final @ Livingston 7th April

twinny

Not quite in agreement that the finals destination can not be changed. There is after all nearly 5 months to said final. If enough supporters make enough noise especially letting the sponsors know.

Although the SFL may wish an SFL destination historically it has been played in SPL grounds on numerous occassion. 8 times at McDermid, 4 times and Fir Park etc.

A great final needs two sets of supporters and I scratch my head to think how this venue does anything for the supporters of QOS.

Travel from Dumfries on a Sunday, a later kickoff, work the next day. I don,t think QOS will bring anymore that 3-4000

If it can,t be Rugby Park then I would argue for Somerset. I know it is a bit of a dump and probably just short on capacity (10,243). But when full it will have a crackin atmosphere. Supporters of both sets of teams will have an easier journey and a great day out with pubs, cafes, restaurants a plenty etc. The final should be an occassion and a day out for all supporters whether young ,old, bevy merchants, families etc and Livingston just doesn,t seem to tick any of these boxes

How do you know the majority want it moved, the queens fans seem happy an all I can see is a few folk on here unhappy. Just bloody accept it!!!

The cup final should be played at the best stadium in the SFL most suitable for both fans, I'd say it is.

It's not the SFL's responsibility to start doing a bloody pub review of every ground in the SFL to find a more suitable ground for folk that like a drink.

Your option? A ground with shit facilities for old and infirm fans. Very considerate. Add to that you admit it's a dump and that it may not be big enough, aye great advert for a cup, trying to be taken seriously in Scottish football.

And if queens bring between 3-4000... Well that's fine. That leaves more tickets for our glory hunting fans.

Oh and see how Livingston is such a difficult place to get to?

An hour and 40 drive from Dumfries.

Take a guess how long a drive it is from Dumfries to Ayr.... Yup, an hour and 40.... And Dumfries to killie? Yup, an hour and 40 drive again.

How's about everyone accepts where the game is being played and gets on with making plans for it.

• Like 4

How's about everyone accepts where the game is being played and gets on with making plans for it.

I tried to suggest this in the nicest possible way a few pages ago. Give up. Your never going to please everyone. Sadly there are some people who will still be complaining about this come the actual day of the final. Just wait to ticket prices are announced ....

I think it would be far better use of energy just to look forward to the game instead of winging about it, but hey that's just me.

Yup, the correct decision all round. They should be complimented on it.

A great stadium if the truth be told.

It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a "great stadium".

Even if it were, it would still be let down by poor public transport links and lack of amenities in the vicinity.

A day out in West Lothian is not my idea of a good time.

It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a "great stadium".

Even if it were, it would still be let down by poor public transport links and lack of amenities in the vicinity.

A day out in West Lothian is not my idea of a good time.

Well, in my imagination it is. I'd love Firhill to be even half as good as Livi's. No argument about the surrounding area, getting to it etc., but the stadium itself is one of the best in Scotland, imo. What is wrong with it? I'd say the only problem is that the roof doesn't extend fully down to cover the front rows of seats, a common failing of modern stands.

Well, in my imagination it is. I'd love Firhill to be even half as good as Livi's. No argument about the surrounding area, getting to it etc., but the stadium itself is one of the best in Scotland, imo. What is wrong with it? I'd say the only problem is that the roof doesn't extend fully down to cover the front rows of seats, a common failing of modern stands.

Yes, as the corners are filled in it's better than the average Lego / Meccano Scottish new-build stadium - however, it certainly doesn't fall into the "great" category. Edited by Charlie Endell

I think Almondvale (or whatever it's called these days) is a stadium which is much better at it nears capacity. I went there last season and the atmosphere was a bit flat, patheitic home support and 3-1 defeat notwithstanding, but if we get upwards of 8000 in there the atmosphere could be fantastic.

Basically, if you put the stadium in a city where there's something nearby it would be hailed as a classic. As it is, we can forget we're in Livingston for a couple of hours.

I think Almondvale (or whatever it's called these days) is a stadium which is much better at it nears capacity. I went there last season and the atmosphere was a bit flat, patheitic home support and 3-1 defeat notwithstanding, but if we get upwards of 8000 in there the atmosphere could be fantastic.

Basically, if you put the stadium in a city where there's something nearby it would be hailed as a classic. As it is, we can forget we're in Livingston for a couple of hours.

A "classic" - steady on now!

I haven't said anywhere that I wanted it played in a 'great' stadium - though a weekend in Munich would be fantastic - it's the location I have a problem with.

The location is fine.

Does Livingston have pubs? Yes it does

Does Livingston have train stations? Yes, it has two

Is Livingston convenient for both QOTS and PTFC in terms of transport links? Yes

Deal with it and stop moaning.