Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

Billy Dodds throws his hat in the ring via his Sunday Herald column. Last couple of paragraphs are relevant. In his Estonia recollections its interesting that he touches the kick off to Darren Jackson. I wonder who his agent was?

http://www.heraldsco...n-show.20087626

Not sure about Dodds, went off him for being a bit of a Sevco apologist but he's certainly saying the right things. Good on him for bringing his wee boy up the right way.

I think the board will look at the progress made on and off the pitch under their last appointment and try to continue.

So someone in the same mould, young with ambition and who's played at a higher level, which leads to someone like Hartley.

Although I'd still give Archie and Shaggy a chance to show what they can do initially.

Gareth Evans or Allan Johnston would be fine. Johnston should be a cheaper option. However, their clubs may not give permission to speak to them.

Btw, John Henry is Development Coach under Sammy Lee at Bolton Wanderers.

Edited by kni

Gareth Evans or Allan Johnston would be fine. Johnston should be a cheaper option. However, their clubs may not give permission to speak to them.

Either of those 2 would do me just fine. Was going to suggest Allan Moore as well but his stock will have gone down after today's pumping. We should tap him up anyway just to unsettle their squad.

Either of those 2 would do me just fine. Was going to suggest Allan Moore as well but his stock will have gone down after today's pumping. We should tap him up anyway just to unsettle their squad.

There's no way that Morton, as league leaders, would let us speak to Moore. They have signed McMenamin and will expect McNamara's departure to weaken us.

There's no way that Morton, as league leaders, would let us speak to Moore. They have signed McMenamin and will expect McNamara's departure to weaken us.

Depends on the terms of his contract. It may have a similar compo clause to McNamara's which, if met, would allow him to speak to whoever he wanted.

Dont forget Moore is from Maryhill, has played for us and has stated in the past that he fancied the Thistle job. And we are a bigger club than Morton, they are artificially propped up by Douglas Rae.

Very interesting!

"General manager Ian Maxwell told SportTimes: "There are guys that have managed in the English Premiership, there are guys that have managed at the top level abroad and there are some familiar names in Scottish football, guys that are keen to get back into the game."

Presumably, those Scots with experience of managing in the EPL would have applied for the Arabs' job too. Dalglish, Coyle and Kean spring immediately to mind. You can go back to Souness and Graham. IIRC Billy Davies managed in the EPL.

This quote sets the mind racing - "there are guys that have managed at the top level abroad".

We might have a new manager and ballboy at the ready to replace McNamara and son. Please God no!!!

http://www.heraldsco...2efbdfe249ebdca

I thought Billy's BBC sponsored interview went very well yesterday, and his Herald sponsored CV wasn't too bad either.

Fortunately I doubt anyone in Scottish Futba can take him seriously.

Billy Likes Futba!

Not sure Evans or Jonstone would come to us. Don't think we would be offering much more money than they are on just now. Think both will be candidates for the Aberdeen job when it comes up or down south. I think both might choose to sit and see what jobs become available.

Not sure what contracts they are on but think compensation could be an issue with both as well. I think Jonstone has done a good job at Queens though.

European experience is interesting. I hear that Mourinho might be wanting a move in the summer.

For European Experience, i'd guess Calderwood. If we could guess 25/35 names (according to Maxi) i'm pretty sure he'll be one of them.

Hope we've been open with Shaggy and we're not going to fcuk him around.