Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

I have been amazed by the total lack of sightings of Owen Coyle on Maryhill Road of late. Based on the history that any sightings inevitably lead to him not getting a job at Firhill, I just wonder .........

European experience is interesting. I hear that Mourinho might be wanting a move in the summer.

I speak to Owen Coyle daily, he's been living rent free in my napper for years. The goal scoring machine that was... Doesn't appear too interested in Thistle, something to do with his radio appearances and money.

Not sure Evans or Jonstone would come to us. Don't think we would be offering much more money than they are on just now. Think both will be candidates for the Aberdeen job when it comes up or down south. I think both might choose to sit and see what jobs become available.

Not sure what contracts they are on but think compensation could be an issue with both as well. I think Jonstone has done a good job at Queens though.

Surely we have the McNamara cash to use for potential compensation. If you're not sure why either would come to us, I reckon working with the best players outwith the SPL (better than Livi and most certainly better than Queens) and the chance to win 2 trophies within the first few months of their tenure would do for starters.

Gareth Evans or Allan Johnston would be fine.

Why are so many keen on these 2? Evans is only a few months in the job & using Hughes squad, Johnston is also only a few months in the job and has the only full-time team in the league. Both have potential but early days in both cases

Why are so many keen on these 2? Evans is only a few months in the job & using Hughes squad, Johnston is also only a few months in the job and has the only full-time team in the league. Both have potential but early days in both cases

Exactly.

Johnston (Q o S)

Evans (Livi)

Murray (Dumbarton)

Hartley (Alloa)

Cameron (Cowden)

History will tell us that on average maybe one in five will go on and make a successful career in management while the other four misfire. Trick is to know which one.

Evans and Murray have not been in the job long enough, Didn't Murdo McLeod also have a decent record at Dumbarton....?

I still reckon Dumbarton will finish 9th or 10th,

We need someone that has managed before or we might as well stick with Archie.

Johnston is doing really well with QotS. He might have more money than the rest but McCoist's debacle shows you that it takes more than money to make a good team.

Cameron has made Cowdenbeath a decent outfit with part timers and loan players.

Hartley the same as Cameron.

I dont think Evans managerial career is too sparse, to date: taken from wiki:

After ending his playing career in 2004, he joined the Alloa Athletic coaching staff. He eventually became assistant manager, before taking a similar position at Brechin City, where he assisted former Hibs teammate Michael O'Neill.

Evans then moved back into full-time football in 2007 by accepting the position of reserve team coach at Hibs. Following the departure of John Hughes on 4 October 2010, Evans was appointed caretaker manager at Hibernian alongside fellow coach Alistair Stevenson. Evans left Hibernian in November 2011, as new manager Pat Fenlon assembled his coaching staff.

Livingston appointed Evans as first team coach in July 2012. After John Hughes left Livingston to manage Hartlepool United in November, Evans and Richie Burke were placed in caretaker charge of the team.

When you add in the fact that some would say that Livi play great football, if not the best football in the league whilst blooding a young squad, it would make him seem like the ideal candidate.

would he leave Livi???

• Like 1

I speak to Owen Coyle daily, he's been living rent free in my napper for years. The goal scoring machine that was... Doesn't appear too interested in Thistle, something to do with his radio appearances and money.

........and his appearances on Embarrassing Bodies.

Apparently he's got an Airdrie tattoo all over his back!! :doh:

Evans and Murray have not been in the job long enough, Didn't Murdo McLeod also have a decent record at Dumbarton....?

I still reckon Dumbarton will finish 9th or 10th,

We need someone that has managed before or we might as well stick with Archie.

Johnston is doing really well with QotS. He might have more money than the rest but McCoist's debacle shows you that it takes more than money to make a good team.

Cameron has made Cowdenbeath a decent outfit with part timers and loan players.

Hartley the same as Cameron.

And how much managerial experience did McNamara and Donnelly have when they were appointed? Archie has no managerial experience.

Given our league position, it could make sense to appoint someone who knows the other teams and their tactics.

Edited by kni

And how much managerial experience did McNamara and Donnelly have when they were appointed? Archie has no managerial experience.

Given our league position, it could make sense to appoint someone who knows the other teams and their tactics.

McNamara was the exception for us as far as inexperienced managers. Every management appointment is a gamble ags we have found to our cost over the years

Firstly I am right behind Double A and Shaggy. However a guy who ticks the boxes and comes across well is Calum Davidson at St Johnstone. Has played in CL with Blackburn and has over 25 Scotland caps. Has experience in the PL and EPL as well as the Championship. Has worked under some good manager. Has looked after himself and has been taking his coaching qualifications. Also no obvious Auld In-firm connections. Would be an interesting candidate, imo.

No managerial experience and the lure of bigger clubs, especially down south would be negatives.

I don't know why any manager would be interested in taking charge at a club whose Board has so little optimism for the club's future that they're selling off bits of the stadium...

"Envision". A pretty name for the ugliest scheme I can imagine.

I feel like I'm going to be sick in the basin...

I don't know why any manager would be interested in taking charge at a club whose Board has so little optimism for the club's future that they're selling off bits of the stadium...

"Envision". A pretty name for the ugliest scheme I can imagine.

I feel like I'm going to be sick in the basin...

Am I missing something? What's this?

Check out the glossy brochure here: http://www.fgburnett.co.uk/_resources/images/properties/277/FGB_2.pdf

I thought we were supposed to be entering a new phase of supporter participation in the activities of the club. Well I don't remember the Board posting anything on the club website about this...

The suits upstairs would no doubt try to justify this by saying that they live in the "real world". Sorry, but slivers of paper with numbers inked on them, and computer screens with little shapes lit up on them isn't the real world. The real world is about holding things dear to yourself.

Anyone interested in trying to get some money together to give Propco their money back, in exchange for OUR football club?

You'd think they'd at least give the supporters a chance to organise something before publicly advertising an offer for sale.

To these people, we're just customers.

Published in December 2011. Not really news?

So you've known we're just customers for a while then?

You don't seem overly bothered. Not that I'm saying you should be - I'm not in the business of telling anyone how they should feel about anything. It's just that being new to this forum, I'm finding it hard to get my head around the fact that there's more banter about cold/burnt pies than there is discussion about what, from where I'm standing LOOKS LIKE* the asset-stripping of a much-loved football club.

* Text in caps is for the avoidance of doubt, just in case any libel lawyers are watching.

I'm happy to concede that I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest that.

So you've known we're just customers for a while then?

You don't seem overly bothered. Not that I'm saying you should be - I'm not in the business of telling anyone how they should feel about anything. It's just that being new to this forum, I'm finding it hard to get my head around the fact that there's more banter about cold/burnt pies than there is discussion about what, from where I'm standing LOOKS LIKE* the asset-stripping of a much-loved football club.

* Text in caps is for the avoidance of doubt, just in case any libel lawyers are watching.

I'm happy to concede that I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest that.

We can't stop Propco owning land. It's a deal that's been done for years.

We can affect current issues which affect match day experience. Improving the match day experience brings in more supporters, which leads to more income and helps the club out.

No point going over old ground that we cannot change.

It's just that being new to this forum, I'm finding it hard to get my head around the fact that there's more banter about cold/burnt pies than there is discussion about what, from where I'm standing LOOKS LIKE* the asset-stripping of a much-loved football club.

Don't look for substance. We're having waaaaaaay too much fun to ask awkward questions of the shotcallers.

From Chris Jack via Twitter an hour ago;

@Chris_Jack89: Managers with English Premiership and European experience have applied for the #PartickThistle job. More in todays @TheEveningTimes

Very nice. I'll settle for someone who can take the lads to a promotion and consolidation as an SPL club.