Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

Student accommodation wouldn't be my first choice but it would look better than the bing.

The sooner they fix that the better IMO.

I would take Coyle as manager even if he had an Airdrie tattoo on his boaby and waved it about when we scored.

I would take Coyle as manager even if he had an Airdrie tattoo on his boaby and waved it about when we scored whilst doing the Gerry Collins.

So you've known we're just customers for a while then?

You don't seem overly bothered. Not that I'm saying you should be - I'm not in the business of telling anyone how they should feel about anything. It's just that being new to this forum, I'm finding it hard to get my head around the fact that there's more banter about cold/burnt pies than there is discussion about what, from where I'm standing LOOKS LIKE* the asset-stripping of a much-loved football club.

* Text in caps is for the avoidance of doubt, just in case any libel lawyers are watching.

I'm happy to concede that I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest that.

As others have indicated, it appears to be out of date. I don't see any property development happening for the next few years, though it is something we might see eventually.

If you feel this might happen, you might want to buy this domain name and start a protest.

Firstly I am right behind Double A and Shaggy. However a guy who ticks the boxes and comes across well is Calum Davidson at St Johnstone. Has played in CL with Blackburn and has over 25 Scotland caps. Has experience in the PL and EPL as well as the Championship. Has worked under some good manager. Has looked after himself and has been taking his coaching qualifications. Also no obvious Auld In-firm connections. Would be an interesting candidate, imo.

No managerial experience and the lure of bigger clubs, especially down south would be negatives.

Thats an interesting idea... i think a big draw regarding our previous manager was his high level experience from playing with celtic and scotland, and the managers he had worked under. davidson can call on similar experience.

it's a gamble, but fck it, every appointment is a gamble.

my heart still says gareth evans tho.

Surely we have the McNamara cash to use for potential compensation. If you're not sure why either would come to us, I reckon working with the best players outwith the SPL (better than Livi and most certainly better than Queens) and the chance to win 2 trophies within the first few months of their tenure would do for starters.

Not sure that would be enough for them to move – both as I said will be strong candidates for upcoming bigger jobs than us. Mr Beattie will tie in a substantial compensation clause for any incoming manager particularly if he has had to pay for them to come here.

Jack and Victor must be due the boot up at Aberdeen…

This is a tough one. On one hand we have got ourselves into a position where we can challenge for the SPL and I would love to see someone with a bit of previous managerial experience come in and hopefully see us over the line. Much as I would love Archie and Shaggy to bring success, it would be a huge risk to ask someone with no experience come in and handle that sort of pressure.

However, being realistic, the only experienced managers likely to be interested are going to be unemployed having failed in their previous jobs. I just don't see any attraction for the likes of Alan Moore or Steven Priestley to take a sideways move to a club that is pretty much on a par with their current jobs. The idea of a Calderwood/Scott figure that keeps getting mentioned for every job is just printing the compensation cheque for when they eventually get sacked.

Basically, I don't have a clue and I'm glad it isn't my decision.

As others have indicated, it appears to be out of date. I don't see any property development happening for the next few years, though it is something we might see eventually.

If you feel this might happen, you might want to buy this domain name and start a protest.

Unfortunately, this is the elephant in the room for Thistle fans and every now and again we're required to turn around and look at it.

Back on topic. Alex McLeish, anyone? :innocent2:

If our club was sitting in fifth or sixth right now I would be happy for Archie and Scott to learn their chops. Horses for courses. However, and it's a good however, we're five points away from promotion with two games in hand and a team that looks like it's getting up a good head of steam.

If there's a chance that's going to be blown over the next three months, I do not want Alan and Scott being the ones to blow it.

In all seriousness, could he do a job on a low budget? I'm not so sure. He did well with Scotland but a lot of that was simply following the blueprint that Walter Smith had left him. Motherwell and Hibs - so so. Rangers - finished 3rd in his last season. Birmingham City - got them relegated twice. Villa - poor. Even if we could afford the guy I'm not sure if I would want him.

Edited by ian_mac