Team V Accies

p12tfc

learned a few things tonight on our first clean sheet in ages. That is our best and most balanced defence for the style of footy we play, we dominated a stuffy side for a good 70 mins who intended to park the bus and hit on the break, Erskine is different class and unplayable (even he's not sure what he's doing next) and last but no means least, don't even think of interviewing Billy Reid for the jags job...!

Balatoni and Muirhead are a bloody good centre half pairing. As much as Archie and Balatoni were playing well individually, I don't think they worked that well together. Balatoni's great in the air, and Muirhead leads.

It just looks much more comfortable when Muirhead's in the middle, and Balatoni's currently undroppable. Great block from him to get Muirhead out of jail second half when he mistimed his jump.

Think we'll probably get a few clean sheets away from home with those two together. I'm feeling hopeful again that the league is ours.

I thought we played with real intelligence tonight...we were patient and kept passing and probing. However although we totally dominated the game, we didn't make that many clear chances and the penalty came at the right time before we all started to get anxious. We missed Forbes delivery from corners - we had plenty of them - and although Lawless played well, his corners were poor. Craig looked a bit laboured but did well to set up Erskine - some great skills from Chris tonight.

Game was a lot more comfortable than scoreline suggested. With a bit more luck and a wee bit more quality delivery, we'd have won at a canter. Lawless was excellent first half but fell out of things (understandably so). SOD will need a couple of games to get back to his best. Really glad his next game will be against the woeful Airdrie.

Accies didn't look interested in anything other than containing us until 10 mins from the end. Having said that, Ziggy Gordon is an excellent player. Fat Andy Carroll is still in Conrad's back pocket.

Forbes has to play on Sat. With decent delivery, we'll score another 7.

Tonight was not bad. We controlled most of the match but didn't create too many chances. Played a lot more long, high balls forward than we normally do. I thought Welsh and O'Donnell didn't look up to scratch, Balatoni and Muirhead were terrific, Bannigan gave 100% as usual and Lawless was full of energy in the first half. I was watching Stevie May whenever they had a corner, and strangely it seemed that no one wanted the responsibility of picking him up. Numerous times he was free in the area when the ball was delivered - could have been costly. A number of times in the second half Bannigan was marking him and a second later May had sprinted 10 yards away from him. His movement was great.

We look nervous when the match is drawing to a close and we're holding a slender lead. Fair play to the team though, did the job tonight and got that all important three points. I'd give Craig a rest for Saturday now, thought he was good tonight but didn't really look an attacking threat. And yes, Forbes' deliveries were badly missed. Lawless constantly couldn't get his corner past the first man. Based on that match, I'd maybe take Welsh and Craig out for Forbes and Doolan at the weekend.

Tonight was not bad. We controlled most of the match but didn't create too many chances. Played a lot more long, high balls forward than we normally do. I thought Welsh and O'Donnell didn't look up to scratch, Balatoni and Muirhead were terrific, Bannigan gave 100% as usual and Lawless was full of energy in the first half. I was watching Stevie May whenever they had a corner, and strangely it seemed that no one wanted the responsibility of picking him up. Numerous times he was free in the area when the ball was delivered - could have been costly. A number of times in the second half Bannigan was marking him and a second later May had sprinted 10 yards away from him. His movement was great.

We look nervous when the match is drawing to a close and we're holding a slender lead. Fair play to the team though, did the job tonight and got that all important three points. I'd give Craig a rest for Saturday now, thought he was good tonight but didn't really look an attacking threat. And yes, Forbes' deliveries were badly missed. Lawless constantly couldn't get his corner past the first man. Based on that match, I'd maybe take Welsh and Craig out for Forbes and Doolan at the weekend.

O' donnell is just back after a long lay off remember but agreed about welsh. Wants far too much time and passing is poor. Please Archie don't make the jackie mistake and take too long to make subs, s lawless played ok but was done after 75 mins and needed subbed. Glad we held on and winning ugly-ish is a novelty for us.

It wasn't a nice game to watch, but 3 points is all we need. Our goal difference is brilliant already.

My worry was that our wing backs were not up to much today. O'Donnell doesn't seem to be quite on form attacking-wise and Sinclair was off the boil. Also feel we weren't enough of a threat at set-pieces without Forbes in the starting line-up.