simoncordiner

Easy decision, same team as Tuesday:

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Paton - Bannigan

Welsh

Erskine - Lawless

Craig

The only possible change, barring injury, is bringing Forbes back into the team. Delivery at set pieces was poor on Tuesday. But Lawless had a great game on Tueday, Paton, Erskine and Bannigan pick themselves, so the only person Forbes could replace is Welsh. But I'd rather we start with Welsh.

Strong team. And another win for the Super Js. Mon ra Jags.

• Like 1

Preview on official site hints at a few changes. Can only really see Forbes, Murray, and Doolan coming into team, but I've a feeling Arch will go with same team as sat. Try n get say 2/3 goals up with 30 mins to play, get Erskine a rest for Tue night.

The like for like comment makes me think he's maybe considering maybe resting Paton for tuesday, bringing shug in. As stupid as he was at morton, he was playing well when he got sent off.

Only thinking out loud, it's not what I'd do.

Edited by chunky jag

There were a few aches, pains and tired legs after Tuesday’s game, but everyone is fit.

I think the game at Cowden would always require adjusting the way the team is set up. There might be a case for resting one or two tomorrow with that in mind. I rather think tho' Archie will go with the same starting XI as Tuesday but make his changes earlier. Hopefully we'll have a cushion of a lead so as he can substitute key players.

Doolan for Craig. He needs some game time. Forbes in for Welsh as he can always create something even when not playing well, and his deliveries from both open play and set-pieces will come in handy. Either of our strikers should benefit from having Forbes play, as they're both good in the air.

Bannigan has been quiet in the last two games - perhaps the exertions of the Scotland trip and the fact that we have been quite reliant on him so far this season are catching up so he could maybe do with a rest if possible. I'd be tempted to bring Craigen in for him tomorrow.

Welsh was anonymous on Tuesday and should be replaced; in fact, he's been pretty poor since returning from injury and isn't anywhere near recapturing the form of the first month of the season. He was causing us problems against Hamilton and should have been hooked. Forbes in.

I would start with Craig tomorrow but would make a point of subbing him after an hour to keep him fit for the Cowdenbeath game during the week.

Don't like this "when we are 2/3 goals up" talk, this is thistle and we don't do easy. Let's just concentrate on winning the game. After the 7 - 0 drubbing Airdrie will come with a point to prove so we will need our strongest team. My worry about Murray is that when he plays teams will wind him up in the hope he reacts and we are down to 10 men. Strongest team please Archie, Airdrie need to be treated with proper respect, they need the points as much as we do.

Edited by dunnikierjag

Forbes in for Welsh, same team as Tue otherwise.

I agree with this. Welsh looked a bit tired and off the boil on Tuesday and Archie's hinted that he'll freshen up the team.

We might see Doolan and/or Murray back in. The likes of Bannigan, Welsh, Sinclair and Craig might be struggling for fitness.

I've got a round-the-country trip tomorrow. Stirling (home) to Queen St to Firhill (match) to Queen St maybe via Byres Rd (pub) to Edinburgh (weekend away) probably by train.

Anyone know of any cheaper options than single train tickets?

Is there an Edinburgh supporters bus?

I think we will rest a few players.

Fox

O'Donnell Balatoni Muirhead Sinclair

Paton Welsh

Forbes

Erskine Lawless

Doolan

Think he will give Craig a rest and bring Doolan in (its amazing he actually has 8 goals on the season and has hardly play in the last few months). Bannigan to get a rest as well, I would bring in Forbes for his set pieces but wouldnt be surprised to see Murray in there. Think the game on tuesday will be a tougher game since it is away from home so would look to have Craig getting a wee rest. If things are going well i would look to make changes certainly Erskine, Paton and maybe O'Donnell due to him just being back from injury (Also a run out for Archie cos he is the only center half back up we have).

Don't understand talk of resting players. Who do we think we are? A win tomorrow is essential and not a formality and, whatever it may be, we should put out our strongest team. Wouldn't change much from Tuesday, but I would find a place for Forbes because it'll be all about unlocking Airdrie.

I think resting players is important, certainly with so many games in a short space of time. I also dont feel the team is any weaker with the few changes people and myself are suggesting, just gives it a different look.

I see the logic, but I'd rather see us get a bit of continuity. We've had plenty of changes with injury and suspension, and I'd hate to see us being complacent.

We've got depth on the bench, all good players and while I agree that we are no Man U who can afford to play 2nd stream teams in "easier " fixtures we do also need to look a wee bit beyond tomorrows game and think a bit about the game schedule that the "numptie brigade" have saddled us with. Why not give big boy Mcguigan a run out and if ugly is the name of the game of winning ! (a-la Ross County !!" ) then so be it , long high balls into the Aidrie box ( a-la Moron !!) , Mcguigan to win the header to one of our strikers and voila ....goal !! ......or is that too seeeemple ?? Noticed that word "ugly" creeped in a few weeks ago from Jackie Mac !! Long live the "BEAUTIFUL " game !!

Easy decision, same team as Tuesday:

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Paton - Bannigan

Welsh

Erskine - Lawless

Craig

The only possible change, barring injury, is bringing Forbes back into the team. Delivery at set pieces was poor on Tuesday. But Lawless had a great game on Tueday, Paton, Erskine and Bannigan pick themselves, so the only person Forbes could replace is Welsh. But I'd rather we start with Welsh.

Strong team. And another win for the Super Js. Mon ra Jags.

Forbes instead of Lawless, against poorer teams we will win set pieces around the box. forbes' delivery is worth more than Lawless' outfield play - simples

I think we should start Doolan and have SoJ on the bench ready to pounce should the need arise. A fresh Craig will be vital on Tuesday night against a muscular Cowdenbeath where the tighter pitch will require us to adapt our gameplay, as we did up there in the Ramsdens Cup.

Spot on.

We need a fit SoJ for Tuesday & possibly next Sat vs Dungfermline should their 'debt free' club bother to pay wages and players not strike!!

Also think SoJ a cert for rearranged game at Kirkcaldy as their glue pitch will mean we need someone who's powerful in the air.

Too many big games coming up & Doolan a more than adequate replacement. Think it's 99% certain he'll start today judging by Archie's comments. Same for Murray imo.

Think Forbes comes in to give Erskine a rest for bigger challenges ahead.