Team Vs Cowdenbeath

simoncordiner

With Paton out then Murray has to come into consideration. I'm not keen on playing him, but he does owe us one. I'd be tempted just to have Bannigan as the defensive midfielder because I think that's the way we'll need to play against Dunfermline. Cowdenbeath are very good at finding space between midfield and attack, Hemmings caused us all sorts of problems there in the last meeting. Sod it, I'm going with Bannigan, I've still not forgiven Murray.

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Bannigan

Welsh - Forbes

Erskine - Lawless

Craig

With Muirhead and Balatoni on good form it'll be another close run victory for the Jags. 3 points in the bag. 2 points behind Morton. Nice one. Mon the Jags.

Edited by simoncordiner

With Paton out then Murray has to come into consideration. I'm not keen on playing him, but he does owe us one. I'd be tempted just to have Bannigan as the defensive midfielder because I think that's the way we'll need to play against Dunfermline. Cowdenbeath are very good at finding space between midfield and attack, Hemmings caused us all sorts of problems there in the last meeting. Sod it, I'm going with Bannigan, I've still not forgiven Murray.

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Bannigan

Welsh - Forbes

Erskine - Lawless

Craig

With Muirhead and Balatoni on good form it'll be another close run victory for the Jags. 3 points in the bag. 2 points behind Morton. Nice one. Mon the Jags.

Doolan for Craig. Other than that, that looks like the lineup and shape we should adopt at the salubrious central park.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/craig-charleston/profil/schiedsrichter_1223.html

Details on ref Craig Charleston. Has ran 24 games this season giving out 99 yellows and 3 red cards and awarding 8 penalties. Was in charge at EEP on Saturday flashing the yellow seven times and awarding two of his three first division penalties.

I think in difficult away games like this one a 4-4-1-1 formation would be the best option. I think we need Forbes in the team due to his threat form set plays. Could be our best chance of a goal tonight.

........................Fox

O’Donnell..... Muirhead..... Balatoni …. Sinclair

Welsh.......Murray....... Bannigan....... Forbes

……....……………..Erskine...........................

…………………......Craig........................

Subs

Daniels

Archibald

Craigen

Lawless

Doolan

I think in difficult away games like this one a 4-4-1-1 formation would be the best option. I think we need Forbes in the team due to his threat form set plays. Could be our best chance of a goal tonight.

Subs

Daniels

Archibald

Craigen

Lawless

Doolan

this - except I'd swap Erskine & Forbes positions

Having visited Central Park once(and that was once too often) its a narrow cow field so unfortunately I think we should start with Craig. Not that I don't like Craig but prefer Doolan, but its horse for courses. Murray back as he definetly owes us for his stupidity in Greenock and I've a feeling his experience will be vital in the scrap that is a near certainty.. At this juncture I'd happily settle for a 1-0 win. Asany have said at this point in the season the only important thing is to win,a good perormance would be nice, but victory is better.

Same team as a few on here for me...

Paton, lawless, doolan out. Murray, Welsh, Craig in.

.........................fox...........................

o'donnel... muirhead.. balatoni.. sinclair

.......welsh .......murray...... banigan

erskine .....................................forbes

........................craig...........................

With bannigan and welsh dropping to cover o'donnell and sinclair bombing up the wing to support erskine and forbes. Quite confident with this team.

Subs

Daniels

Archibald

Craigen

Lawless

Doolan

i reckon this team is spot on!

I'm not too concerned about the line up as most of our squad can play in various roles. Once again it'll be down to who shows up best in training. Earlier, when guessing Paton would be out, I thought I wouldn't be too surprised if Balatoni was moved forward with Archie coming in. That might've be an option, especially if the opposition carry a threat in the air but fairly certain now that Thug Murray will play.

Like others I would expect Craig in for Doolan.

We'll need some experience in the team especially with Paton missing. It could be an option for Archie to bring himself back in for this game - Muirhead to right back, O'Donnell to right mid. I don't think he'll be too keen to disrupt a solid looking backline though so I imagine that Murray will play just in front of the defence.

I doubt whether Forbes will start even though I think his set-pieces could be very useful tonight; think Archie might prefer to go with Lawless. Craig is an absolute certainty to start.

If we can take four points from the remaining two games in hand, I'll be relatively happy with that.

• Members

Forgot to say if Murray gets sent off tonight then curtains for him at Firhill!

No doubt the Cowdenbeath players will be looking to get a reaction out of him.

Picture it...... last few seconds. We're 1-0 up and the ball is heading into the back of our net when from out of nowhere, Shug leaps across the goal and punches the ball away. Red card for Shug, but the penalty is saved/missed. While your giving him curtains Alan, I'd be giving him the freedom of Firhill and a Jaggy Knighthood! Let's try and be positive ahead of the game eh?
  • Like 1