Dunfermline

The Cup

Leishman himself has said it would most likely go straight to liquidation. Explained here.

Thanks, I understand the administration thing (or lack of it) now but it still looks as if Masterton is trying to screw money out of fans for himself rather than do his best to help save the club (if that's possible).

Edited by Mr Bunny

Worst case scenario: they go tits up and so Morton benefit to the tune of 2 points and 2 goals difference. From our two games in hand, though, if we win one and lose one - say both are one goal games - we go one point behind Morton still with a 7 goal advantage. The league is still in our hands as we still have to play them and, obviously, will have to get our first win against them this season. That's eminently achievable in my opinion, provided we finish the game with eleven men for the first time this season against them. That is surely more than do-able.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

The league is still in our hands as we still have to play them and, obviously, will have to get our first win against them this season. That's eminently achievable in my opinion, provided we finish the game with eleven men for the first time this season against them. That is surely more than do-able.

Beat Morton and we'll win the league, in my opinion.

Our fixtures after that match:

Airdrie (a)

Raith (h)

Falkirk (a)

Dunfermline (h)?

Dumbarton (a)

Theirs:

Dunfermline (h)?

Livingston (a)

Hamilton (h)

Falkirk (a)

As long as we're at least a point ahead of Morton going into that - I'd be confident of winning the title. It'll be our biggest match in a long, long, long, long (etc.) time - provided we go into it within touching distance/level/ahead of them.

Will every effort not be made by the powers that be to enable Dunfermline to limp to the finish line this season, especially as the end of the season is not that far off? I appreciate that it was the SPL rather than the SFL, but was this not the approach taken for Gretna? I cannot recall the precise detail but were not monies brought forward that would normally have been payable at the end of the season? Even if by the end it is a youth and coach team with Leishman and Jefferies on the bench, as long as they fulfil the fixtures, that should be enough.

Feel bad for their fans but a lot didn't seem to realize the position the club were in. A small protest after our recent game and some bed sheets in the ground didn't give the impression of a club in crisis.

Looking at the money owed, largely to Masterton and his associated companies. This guy is up there with Murray and Whyte in his imaginative running of club finances. Should never be let near a football club again.

I think it could be/ is game over for the Pars.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Guys like Jim Leishman frustrate me hugely.

Happy to sit being a yes man to Masterton for years, but as soon as it gets tough he cries wolf jumps aside and try's to pretend he was nothing to do with it.

Jim Leishman is culpable here as is every director who sat on their old board and who sits on the current one. While Jim won't have all the answers he will have the bulk of them. A complete nonsense of a man, I hope the fans see right through him.

When you build a house of cards around one person, and they are subsequently removed, it's naturally going to be big trouble. It's the reason why at Thistle groups like OneThistle are so vital. What we need as well is a stronger trust, thereis no doubting here that if we were to hit trouble in years down the line people will be back attacking propco, Billy Allen etc. I am certain that we are not a Dunfermline style basketcase - it is a very sad situation which looks like claiming a good football club.

should we lose nine points as a result of dunfermline's plight, then i trust thistle's directors will seek legal advice in regards to our scottish cup 'defeat' and loss of future earnings from the competition. if dunfermline's 2012-13 league results were to be 'airbrushed' from history then it would appear only fair (to these admittedly biased eyes) that their results in the other national competition be similarly disregarded. three-quarters through the league season, i would imagine that thistle might have very good grounds for appeal should we be docked nine points through the actions of another club.

should we lose nine points as a result of dunfermline's plight, then i trust thistle's directors will seek legal advice in regards to our scottish cup 'defeat' and loss of future earnings from the competition. if dunfermline's 2012-13 league results were to be 'airbrushed' from history then it would appear only fair (to these admittedly biased eyes) that their results in the other national competition be similarly disregarded. three-quarters through the league season, i would imagine that thistle might have very good grounds for appeal should we be docked nine points through the actions of another club.

Two different competitions run by two different bodies - we would have no chance.

Wouldn't it be great to have a season where everyone just plays their games and at the end the team who gets the most points ends up getting the rewards? I can see this turning into an appeal situation where next years SPL members will be decided by committee. Again.

Looks like voluntary administration could be on the cards according to today's Herald. It is not in any of the parties' short term interests to see Dunfermline liquidated so let's hope this move allows them to see our the season.

Yeah a glimmer of hope that our results will stand!!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/dunfermline-board-could-buy-time-by-going-into-voluntary-administration.20520124

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I would hope we wouldn't waste money on such silliness.

I just thought I'd copy this through from P&B, because it so eloquently says everything I'd like all Sevco fans to acknowledge, but know that they never will. I do have real sympathy for Dunfermline fans, regardless of how it affects us.....

POPULAR

The difference between Rangers fans and Pars fans and indeed most most Scottish fans. Pars fans know their owners have mucked up, they know the club will die, they will accept whatever punishment comes their way. If the clubs die they'll be heart broken but will know its because they had an owner who destroyed them and they will admit that. If they can rescue something but have to go to Div 3 they will accept that, they won't feel bitter towards fans of other clubs, they know the club has to face punishment. If its a newco and we have to start at the bottom we'll accept we may have lost all our titles, cup wins history. Thats will be a bitter blow but really, why should we keep the title of a club that died, a club who left a mountain of debt. But mainly we blame no one bar the owner, its not the fault of other clubs or fans, we only have ourselves to blame. I think other Scottish fans would feel the same way.

Now look at Rangers fans, they screamed and kicked all the way, they never ever accepted they did anything wrong and still won't accept. They were rightly punished but now want to extract revenge on everyone. They have a new club but amazingly were allowed to keep all the history of the old discredited club and they never even felt any shame about that. As bitter a bunch as you will ever meet.

I fear my club is dead, I don't think we'll get a newco together, we might but if we do then it will be a new club, as far as i'm concerned we would have no right to the history of the previous incarnation.

Edited by parsville, Yesterday, 15:39.

#399 - Posted Yesterday, 15:38

• Like 2

What do you know,fred. Has there been a precedent ? Does the SFA have rules regarding this ? Why is it silly ?

I would just like to think that if there are rules in place regarding what should happen in these circumstances, that Thistle will just accept them and get on with it. Regardless of the Dunfermline situation, the league's still there to be won and lost, and it should be decided on the pitch between now and the end of the season.

• Like 1

Is it in the SFL rules that points are deducted from opponents if a club goes into liquidation during the season? I've had a quick scan of the rules and constitution and can't find anything.

There's no precedent, as the four clubs which have been liquidated all finished their seasons.

Surely the fair way of doing it would be, as someone has already suggested, to deem all the remaining fixtures as a win to the opponents? Deducting the points already won would only serve to disadvantage the clubs who have played better against the liquidated one.

Edited by scotty
  • Like 1

I noticed the bbc gossip says Dunfermline are considering voluntary administration. With only a couple months left, I would hope this could tide them over until the end of the season. Dundee got docked 25 points but that was due to a repeat offence, so Dunf could be looking at anything up to 25 points. They are only 16 clear of Dumbarton and 21 off Airdrie just now.

Guys like Jim Leishman frustrate me hugely.

Happy to sit being a yes man to Masterton for years, but as soon as it gets tough he cries wolf jumps aside and try's to pretend he was nothing to do with it.

Jim Leishman is culpable here as is every director who sat on their old board and who sits on the current one. While Jim won't have all the answers he will have the bulk of them. A complete nonsense of a man, I hope the fans see right through him.

When you build a house of cards around one person, and they are subsequently removed, it's naturally going to be big trouble. It's the reason why at Thistle groups like OneThistle are so vital. What we need as well is a stronger trust, thereis no doubting here that if we were to hit trouble in years down the line people will be back attacking propco, Billy Allen etc. I am certain that we are not a Dunfermline style basketcase - it is a very sad situation which looks like claiming a good football club.

Agree with this.

Having Leishman as a figurehead is fine for simple fund raising etc.He's good at that and very experienced but that's it. Putting him in charge of a steering group trying to thrash out a last minute deal to save your club is sheer lunacy. The equivalent of that lot south of the river wheeling out Andy Cameron to negotiate with Whyte the Blue Knights and Green (hey, maybe that did happen?).

I hear from a couple of Pars fans regularly and things seem to be panning out much as they feared. Instead of having a focus for fund raising and unity, like I'm presuming we would have thru One Thistle if we found ourselves facing oblivion, they have a largely faceless group trying to wrestle DAFC from Masterton. If what I hear is correct the minimum weigh in to this group is £5K so clearly excluding rank and file Pars fans. There doesn't appear to be a secure fund where their support could "invest" smaller amounts. All that's on offer is a black hole and the inevitable bucket collection.

As for them seeing out the season it's touch and go. I don't know the ins and outs of how much time between being served notice and liquidation but I was told there might be just about enough time. They've 5 home games to go, which should help. Most other clubs would be galvanising their support to ensure bumper attendances but the Pars appear to be more interested in in-fighting.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Now look at Rangers fans, they screamed and kicked all the way, they never ever accepted they did anything wrong and still won't accept. They were rightly punished but now want to extract revenge on everyone.

I agree with the long P&B summary above about Rangers fans, except for the above - it is in fact the Rangers fans who keep saying that they have been "punished". Apart from a piffling fine, no such thing happened. Their club folded, and the successor was admitted to the full Scottish league without the usual process of inviting interested parties to apply for entry, etc. References to 'punishment' are almost as wrong-headed as the deluded/idiotic Gers fans who still say they were 'demoted'. Nope, you vanished and then were allowed to start again at a fairly high level.

This is all old news though. I do hope that DAFC fans still have a club to support at the end of this season and beyond (it is spot on that their attitude to the mess they are in is the polar opposite from the Ibrox hsteria/victimhood complexes) - and if the SFL do have to take them out of the equation, I hope against hope that we (Thistle) are not unfairly disadvantaged simply for having been better than our rivals against them.

Edited by ColinKelvin
  • Like 2

Guest fredthecheesecloth

What do you know,fred. Has there been a precedent ? Does the SFA have rules regarding this ? Why is it silly ?

So who are we getting money from? The governing body? Dunfermline? Don't be so stupid.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Fred, if everything was clear cut, we wouldn't need lawyers and courts and tribunals to settle disputes. If you don't realise that, then I wonder who is stupid.

I didn't say everything was clear cut. This situation is. And you didn't answer my question.