Dundee Thistle?!

javeajag

There are already a few grumblings up Tannadice way re this speculation with McNamara trying to recreate Thistle up there.

They have a very good youth policy which JM will be encouraged to use when the likes of Russell & Gary Mackay Steven go for big bucks in the Summer.

They're not overly impressed with the thought of what they see as 1st Div players as replacements.

I'll give him another year up there tops.

Didn't say lawless had signed anything.... He's been offered a contract and they have made an offer yo buy him

So we've accepted a bid for Lawless? If not that's tapping up.

You may be right on some of what you say but Lawless is our player unless an acceptable bid is made & I don't see us being in a rush to accept a bid just now when other teams may be interested in the summer.

• Like 1

What utter nonsense.

This is a week leading up to the cup final and our biggest league game in years and people want to start speculation about players being off. Those are tactics i'd expect from Morton fans not Thistle supporters.

Let's enjoy the rest of the season, come what may, and things will take their course in the Summer.

• Like 2

What utter nonsense.

This is a week leading up to the cup final and our biggest league game in years and people want to start speculation about players being off. Those are tactics i'd expect from Morton fans not Thistle supporters.

Let's enjoy the rest of the season, come what may, and things will take their course in the Summer.

well said that man... or men

• Like 1

If Thistle go up, finishing above the relegation spot would be a great achievement. As much as I love the Thistle players I don't think they are top six quality.

6th place wouldn't be a good season for DUFC. Above this is where their fans and the chairman want to be.

If McNamara signs the above players he will be out of a job.

Reports on his disloyalty and carpricious capitalist ideals have been forwarded to Kim Jong Un and Dungdee has been placed on the NK hitlist. A rogue state nuke should improve the place :innocent2:

Edited by jagfox

1st. They need to contact the club and make an offer to see if they are allowed to discuss terms with player.

2nd. If the offer is agreed then they can speak to player.

3rd. If player accepts terms then bid goes through.

4th. None of this can be done till June . If any of the above is done before June then severe rules have been broken.

None of the above has happened with Lawless.FACT

No offence intended here T.A.M. but if you think it always happens like this then you're being a little naive.

That said, I'm sceptical that this United team could afford anyone at all. This is the same side who were told to sling their hook by the bank when they wanted to spend 30k on a player (Dougie Imrie? ) the day after they sold Goodwillie for over £1.5m.

Even then I think this thread could have waited until after our most important week of the season. Poor show from the OP.

This thread turning into a farce so just for good measure can I say I heard that JM had offered a contracts to Christie Elliot & Ryan Scully!

I exchanged views with one poster on here last week re Erskine & DU as well as Paton.

They are the only two that I'm aware have been offered terms. That's not to say one or either will go there as know there are other clubs interested.

The O'Donnell thing is news to me though I believe it was in a newspaper this week.

The thing about O'Donnell is that he's going to cost someone money. Now, DU will have money with sale of Mackay Steven down South & Russell to Celtic BUT they are desperate for money & with a strong youth development there, I'm not sure that he'd be allowed to spend £80k in a player when there may well be the equivalent in their youths.

It's all speculation & I'd be surprised if any more than 1 of the mentioned ended up at DU.

No offence intended here T.A.M. but if you think it always happens like this then you're being a little naive.

That said, I'm sceptical that this United team could afford anyone at all. This is the same side who were told to sling their hook by the bank when they wanted to spend 30k on a player (Dougie Imrie? ) the day after they sold Goodwillie for over £1.5m.

Even then I think this thread could have waited until after our most important week of the season. Poor show from the OP.

No offence taken, but I'm not totally stupid/ naive/ignorant to believe that every transfer is carried out the correct way, as above. What I was highlighting was Lawless has not been tapped up and a bid has not been placed cause it cannot be placed till June. I know this 1 million%. So the op has started a rumour on the most important week of our season, 2 out of the 4 players mentioned may have had talks as has been reported in the press recently. The rest of the story is absolute bullshit.

No offence taken, but I'm not totally stupid/ naive/ignorant to believe that every transfer is carried out the correct way, as above. What I was highlighting was Lawless has not been tapped up and a bid has not been placed cause it cannot be placed till June. I know this 1 million%. So the op has started a rumour on the most important week of our season, 2 out of the 4 players mentioned may have had talks as has been reported in the press recently. The rest of the story is absolute bullshit.

No offense meant, but I am always skeptical of anyone who is more than 100% sure of anything. The more over 100% sure they are the less I believe them !

That said, I'm exactly 100% sure that Dundee United do not have the funds to tap up anyone and exactly 100% sure that any of our out of contract players will have better offers than Dundee United.

No offense meant, but I am always skeptical of anyone who is more than 100% sure of anything. The more over 100% sure they are the less I believe them !

That said, I'm exactly 100% sure that Dundee United do not have the funds to tap up anyone and exactly 100% sure that any of our out of contract players will have better offers than Dundee United.

But see when you are related to the individual that the bullshit rumour is about, then you can be 1 million%.

Edited by Auld Yin

If a club attempts to contact a player without first getting permission from the Club in respect of which he is under contract (unless they are in the final six (?) months of their contract) they are in breach of the rules regarding tapping up. They can then be reported to the SFA by the player or by the club and, as far as I understand it, fined for taking such action.

Thistle, so long as they hold Lawless' player registration, can refuse to release him even if he agrees personal terms with another Club. That's the only reason why transfer fees are a necessary part of the game and are negotiated rather than all put to independent arbitration. Once the contract period for which they are entitled to his player registration has expired, he is then free to sign for another club (previously not the case until Bosman, you may recall), and any contract he signs with another club whilst he is under contract with us would presumably be void and/or we could sue him for breach of contract.

If Dundee United have approached Lawless without our permission, they are guilty of tapping up and PTFC should report them.

Edited by Woodstock Jag
  • Like 2