What Away Day Are You Looking Forward To Most Next Season?

Yellow & Redneck

Aberdeen for me....unsurprisingly.

Easy travel , ten mins from my house, loads of local boozers and I can force all my mates to come along and be temporary Jags fans for the day....although most have already had a trip to Firhill.

I also have a few Dons in the family and it will be nice to score when we want and then take the piss.

you will need to plan a pub crawl for all the Jags fans then!

Decided to have a wee look at SPL prices & was surprised to see that a few charge different prices for home & away fans.

St. Mirren have a student gate for all their home stands but not for the away stand. Kilmarnock charge home OAP, Students & Under 18's £10 (£17 adults) but £15 for concessions & £22 for adults in the away stand.

I know the rule appears to be if you're not in the same stand you can charge a different price but as far as I'm aware, no team does it in the 1st Div.

• Like 1

It'll be st mirren for me, for the following reasons.

I've lived in paisley for 2 years, there's about 6 buddies in the GF's side of the family. I've been to a few of their games when I can't afford a thistle away day as i can usually pick up a comp/season ticket. As such I've got to know a good 20 saints fans.BPlus Del that works in The Bull is a big Morton fan.

That aside,

Hearts is a great stadium, I hear Easter road is similar to watch a game. But the Edinburgh police treat us like shit due to the old firm. The way we were treated at hearts in the cup was discusting.

I've never been to Pittodrie or Tanadice so will be doing them.

Perth, killie and Celtic I really couldn't care less about, but will probably go to Celtic.

What does that leave, Motherwell? I've only ever been in hospitality in the Davie cooper stand.

County and Caly are great days out, mammoth probably a better way to describe them, but I don't drink anymore, so might have a different opinion of them!

Never been to Celtic Park. Don't know if I want to, really. Though hearing about it during the Champions League games on the radio makes you think even Messi was in awe of its' splendour as the GREATEST STADIUM IN THE WURLD ...

A lot of fans refuse to follow their team to Celtic park.

Shocking stewarding, extortionate pricing and restricted views.

In my years following the jags I've managed to get to almost every ground in the sfl (Clyde and rangers being only two missed).

Still a few to go in SPL (parkhead, pittodrie, tanadice, Easter road and st mirren park).

Looking forward to getting to all these grounds. On a map they are all close (maybe outwith dons) to get to compared to all the stadiums I've been.

When I get those 5 ticked off then I'll be happy. Not bad for someone in their twenties.

St Mirren is a big one for me as it's 1 of only 3 grounds I've yet to visit (Annan and Elgin being the others)

Would like to take my wee girl to see Celtic Park once, just so she can learn to hate them for herself.

Hate visits to Tayside due to the way we are treated by the local plod.

Aberdeen's a good away day as are Inverness & Ross County although they are all hellish if we lose due to the distances involved.

Quite looking forward to seeing Easter Road now all 4 stands are finished but couldn't care less about Tynecastle. Hearts are a club I really hate.

Will be good to renew rivalries with Killie. Was always a favourite of mine from the 80's as we never lost there. Think it's 1994 since we last won down there though.

Motherwell is fairly handy but the location of the away stand means it's unlikely you can get a drink before the game.

Only one I've not been to in the SPL is New St Mirren Park. But looking forward to sampling the new away end up at Dingwall.

Of all the senior Scottish clubs, I haven't seen the jags at Brechin, Montrose, Annan & Elgin. Although I have been to Elgin's ground and had a kick about on the pitch in 2011.

As has been said, not looking forward to the extra expense that the SPL will bring but it has been worth it for the sheer glory of this season.

Only been to Parkhead, Rugby Park and Fir Park so would like to tick more off the list. Have friends in Edinburgh and always like an excuse to go through as I do like the city so a trip to Tynecastle and Easter Road once each will definitely be on the cards. St Mirren for it's ease. Maybe a cheeky Friday night SPL game against Mortherwell or St Mirren could be on the cards. Not sure if I will make it up ICT, Ross County or Aberdeen but I do have a respect for the Highland teams and what they have achieved and would like to see the setup and atmosphere.

Not been to Caley, County or St Mirrens new ground so all of them. Always enjoyed trips to rugby park, though never seen many victories there! To be honest im looking forward to all the away days next season after playing at same places over and over for the past few years.

Price wise i think we'll be looking at a fiver more to get into most grounds so not too bad. Any ideas what we will be charging? £20 mabey? Cant see it being much more.

The best thing about next season's away days is that they are all reasonably sized places (except Dingwall) as opposed to non entity small town wilderness griefholes like Kirkcaldy, Cowdenbeath, Hamilton, Greenock, Livingston, Airdrie, Dumbarton, etc.

For some reason I have never been to Easter Road or Pittodrie and of course the new St Midden ground. Aberdeen should be a good one, we've got a few mates who are Aberdeen fans (essentially glory hunters with parents who didn't let them go to the Old Firm and the Dons were doing well when my age group started getting into football). Edinburgh away days should be cracking.

The only rubbish away day is Perth, although the town itself is actually alright for pubs it's a pain in the hoop to get out to the ground and particularly to get back from it.