Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

Yeah I agree, I can't stand dundee utd but they're still no 3 on the list behind the old firm. I don't think any team will ever overtake them.

I can totally understand why we want to boycott though, it's a hard one! Lets just hope we hammer them!

If one party is due money and it's deemed a cast iron claim the best (or at least a tried and tested) way to stall on that payment is to launch a counter claim.

Winner is often not the most meritorious claimant but the one who's got the cash flow to see the case out. No reason to not believe that McNamara's action is aimed at an out of court settlement lower than the £80K.

I honestly don't know how to react to this.

When he who must not be named left I was disappointed but knew things like this happen when your doing well and i think most fans thought the same. But firstly for us not to receive any compensation now the man is seeking a bonus for doing half a job and hand picking our players for his partick thistle wannabes in Dundee!

Shows you the man has no dignity and he is the lowest of the low.

I wonder how other club chairmen view what has been going on because this time next year he will be looking for a job as he gets Dundee utd relegated!

I presume he had a promotion clause built into his contract. Damn cheek trying to cash in on it though. I hope other Clubs are looking carefully at the sort of thing he is capable of. He's making himself un-emloyable very quickly IMO.

Unfortunately Will the other side of the coin is he will have his propaganda pals like Bill Leckie portraying us as the big bad Jags and no doubt trying to link in McNamara being linked to us winning the 1921 Scottish cup

To play devil's advocate for a moment, the only way I can understand the absolute brass neck of the man is if his contract with us was so poorly constructed legally that he is correct on both the 80k and the bonus.

Surely not?

He cannot be entitled to anything because he resigned from the contract! If he gets anything the world has gone ******* mental!

I'm sure there's no-one I despise more in Scottish football now -- and that's saying something seeing just how many ****holes populate the place.

don't post here much but this makes my blood boil, I fully endorse a tannadice boycott....in fact id happily just send my admission fee directly to thistle and miss the match, hope more get on board with this

Thats a pretty good idea mate.

Even if Dundee United fans boycotted Firhill think there will be more than enough Thistle fans who maybe cant afford to go to every game who will make sure they go to this one anyway to say hello again to Jackie

don't post here much but this makes my blood boil, I fully endorse a tannadice boycott....in fact id happily just send my admission fee directly to thistle and miss the match, hope more get on board with this

I like that idea, set up a mechanism where we donate the normal entry fee to Tanadice straight to the Jags....win. win, better still get the game beamed back to Firhill... GIRUY DU....!

I reckon the anti-McNamara songs have got the man seething out of control, and this is his reaction. If he has a case for this (and similarly if he has a case to get out of paying the £80,000 compensation fee), then I would be very worried, and even very angry about the way the club draws up its contracts.

• Like 1

He cannot be entitled to anything because he resigned from the contract! If he gets anything the world has gone ******* mental!

Exactly the way I feel and that's my understanding as to why we're claiming him personally for the 80 grand as opposed to United. He must be getting legal advice from somewhere to be continuing down this road, which is a worry.

I reckon the anti-McNamara songs have got the man seething out of control, and this is his reaction. If he has a case for this (and similarly if he has a case to get out of paying the £80,000 compensation fee), then I would be very worried, and even very angry about the way the club draws up its contracts.

If he stuffs us (either once or twice), he's still a c unt, but there will be questions to be answered in-house.

Anyway, too early in proceedings for this line of thought.

Exactly the way I feel and that's my understanding as to why we're claiming him personally for the 80 grand as opposed to United. He must be getting legal advice from somewhere to be continuing down this road, which is a worry.

Going by the brass neck of the snake he's probably defending himself

I reckon the anti-McNamara songs have got the man seething out of control, and this is his reaction.

Is that why he had the Arabs lie down and roll over to Celtic since he arrived? He doesn't want The Greatest Fans In The World turning on him and upsetting his delicate composition.

I'm not up for boycotts at the Football. If people want to that is fair enough, but if I can be I'll be at that shitey wee dump in Dundee later in the year. My last visit there means we have unfinished business on the park.

#PayUpJackie

• Like 1

Yeah I'm in for that. Me and the Mrs x 2 trips to Tannadice boycotted next season, donate the saved admission of £100 or so to Thistle. Liking this.

Im sure Motherwell fans did something similar recently, only watched the game at Fir Park so the club made money from drink sales etc.

Yes i want to support Thistle and sometimes the twelth man is vital but in this case f*** jackie and f*** Utd.

This whole episode sums up the guy - no morals & no decency and only thinks about himself. Well I for one hope his career at utd goes pear shaped and he ends up out on his arse!!

FTOF & UTD