Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

If this has now been left in the hands of the lawyers, we should be chasing the full £125k. We were happy enough to take over 50% off of this amount, as long as it was paid in one instalment. But these cheap ******** are still wanting to pay less. F**k them. Let the courts decide. This time next season, they will be gearing up for a play-off game, because Hearts being docked 15 points will have kept UTD off the bottom spot.

• Like 1

Good, indepth lengthy article.

Beattie (and the board and club) comes across very well in it, Judas and that Scrooge mob don't, if all he is saying is 100% accurate.

If this has now been left in the hands of the lawyers, we should be chasing the full £125k. We were happy enough to take over 50% off of this amount, as long as it was paid in one instalment. But these cheap ******** are still wanting to pay less. F**k them. Let the courts decide. This time next season, they will be gearing up for a play-off game, because Hearts being docked 15 points will have kept UTD off the bottom spot.

Exactly. If Scroogedee United and Judas McNahalfjob can change the goalposts, why shouldn't we now. Full amount plus interest on late payment.

He's signing first division players. It's a big gamble and I can see them kicking around the bottom of the league next season.

He'll be sacked soon and we'll all celebrate.

Not too soon. Lets give him until this time next season, once he has taken them down to sfl1.

Erskine and Paton may well regret their hasty moves come a years time.

Edited by yoda-jag

Dundee united have obviously told Mcnamara they will pay the compensation for him. They've then turned round and not done it. So they've not only lied to us, they've lied to Mcnamara as well and landed him with an 80K law suit. Mcnamara obviously doesn't have the guts or gumption to blame them and risk his new position, so he's happy to let them make a pratt of him while he blames Thistle rather than stand up to the people responsible.

• Like 1

Dundee united have obviously told Mcnamara they will pay the compensation for him. They've then turned round and not done it. So they've not only lied to us, they've lied to Mcnamara as well and landed him with an 80K law suit. Mcnamara obviously doesn't have the guts or gumption to blame them and risk his new position, so he's happy to let them make a pratt of him while he blames Thistle rather than stand up to the people responsible.

That sounds like it to me.

Todays update lists Dundee united after 3 players from Queens Park including Shankland but Spiders not happy with them at all:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-in-row-with-queen-s-park-over-youth-signings-compensation-1.94601

Given we do have a good relationship with Queens Park we should be seriously looking at these lads

Given we do have a good relationship with Queens Park we should be seriously looking at these lads

If it's true, as been mentioned elsewhere, Erskine left for Tannadice to treble his wages, how could we compete with United for any of these players? These players are free to go where ever they want, aren't they?

If this a point of principle for the club, then they should NOT back down from the amount of money in question. If you start wavering about the money, you look like you're weak, and it's actually about grasping for whatever money you can get. Hold firm or give up entirely; any other position gets your erse skelped.

I see where you're coming from, but surely, if anything, this actually shows thistle to have been extremely reasonable and negotiated in a respectable manner. So considering that we're not the only club arguing with DU about compensation, surely, this would go in our favour?

• Like 1

I see where you're coming from, but surely, if anything, this actually shows thistle to have been extremely reasonable and negotiated in a respectable manner. So considering that we're not the only club arguing with DU about compensation, surely, this would go in our favour?

But it's now in the hands of the sharks, who smell blood in the water. I really hope my pessimism is misplaced, but it's the best way to avoid disappointment.

I couldn't avoid an ironic wtf moment when I read this comment from Stephen Thompson re a rejected bid for Russell.

Chairman Stephen Thompson told the Dundee Courier: "Two clubs have been in touch, and I've turned down a bid from one of them. I don't want to say who they are, because they have behaved impeccably."

By that I suppose he means that two clubs have made a bid for Russell. Both have conducted themselves in a manner that's completely alien to himself or his manager.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He's working his way round the media keeping his counsel right enough... who's that now, the record, the sun, jim spence at the bbc and now stv.

Interesting that he's not denied anything that Beattie said...

I really am struggling to understand all this. On the face of it the Thistle case seems incontrovertible, yet DU and McNamara appear absurdly confident that they have right on THEIR side. I have unpleasant memories of previous forays by the Jags into the courts - I don't think they have ever been successful (indeed on at least one occasion they were made to look very foolish!) I hope our legal advice is copper bottomed this time.

I'm inclined to think that the fact Ratnamara & Scumdee Utd are periodically pedalling the same sh!t in the media, they are looking almost for sympathy.

I don't think they're overly confident of winning this or they wouldn't be 'leaking' as much to media outlets as they are doing.

Beattie on the whole has kept his counsel only really breaking cover to insist they had received a letter from Ratnamara's reps looking for promotion bonus- something that Ratnamara had denied.

What I don't get is why journos like Spence aren't following this up & instead seem happy to pedal the crap that comes out without questioning it.

Spence apparantly blocking jags fans on Twitter who are asking him this.

Now he's entitled to do this & as his bio says 'all views his own' but if you've a BBC handle in your twitter name...

Emailed the BBC asking why their journalist not presenting a balance to the story. Won't hold my breath on a reply.