Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

Spence apparantly blocking jags fans on Twitter who are asking him this.

Now he's entitled to do this & as his bio says 'all views his own' but if you've a BBC handle in your twitter name...

Emailed the BBC asking why their journalist not presenting a balance to the story. Won't hold my breath on a reply.

Yup, he blocked me for having the audacity to suggest he doesn't like to shit on his own doorstep.

Interesting to see what his reaction is the next time a manager or club ban the press.......

Edited by JobbyMahoney

Yup, he blocked me for having the audacity to suggest he doesn't like to shit on his own doorstep.

Precisely Big Jum Spence's problem. A somewhat refreshing change to the usual Old Firm sycophancy on the BBC, but would it kill them to get another journalist up to Dundee to ask some pertinent questions?

Beattie on the whole has kept his counsel only really breaking cover to insist they had received a letter from Ratnamara's reps looking for promotion bonus- something that Ratnamara had denied.

I'm behind the club 100%, but let's be balanced and truthful here. David Beattie gave a briefing to all of the Sunday papers.

I'm behind the club 100%, but let's be balanced and truthful here. David Beattie gave a briefing to all of the Sunday papers.

Yeah, that's why I said on the whole.

Aside from that briefing, and as you said it was a general briefing to all the press, the club (Beattie) have not commented.

Dundee Utd & McNamara have, it seems, used certain media outlets to pedal their agenda.

Dundee United fan Jim Spence being one.

It seems the press use the quotes given without being able to question them. Whatever way it is lazy journalism. McNamara has previous, ask Celtic, but that seems to have been conveniently ignored. I know it's the close season and football stories are few and far between but there seems to be no balance in the story.

Not even a comment to say 'Thistle have refused to comment at moment'.

In Chris Jack's article it clearly states that he wants a bonus when Archie won the league, and also states that Jackie owes us £80k compensation, so while reporting it I got the impression it was written sympathetically to Thistle.

I agree.

I think Chris Jack has good links with the club as has been proved with the contract exclusives,

I'm guessing he has to submit an article with a certain amount of words & it is the close season, not much doing...

Just laughable that Ratnamara says again about keeping his 'silence' over the whole thing!! Think someone should send him the definition as he's obviously struggling.

From a conversation on Twitter Chris Jack seems to think the job of a journalist is to write what someone tells him without questioning it, he seems completely bamboozled by the thought of asking some tough questions before going to print.

Football journalists in this country are pathetic. See the Rangers saga. Even the English press vilify people at the biggest clubs for racism and other dubious actions, when was the last time a Scottish football journalist ran an expose of sectarianism of the old firm for example.

when was the last time a Scottish football journalist ran an expose of sectarianism of the old firm for example.

Well, the violence at that last Old Firm game was extensively covered by the media, and the implications for the next 'proper' OF game were discussed in depth.

Oh no, wait, it was almost completely ignored.

Well, the violence at that last Old Firm game was extensively covered by the media, and the implications for the next 'proper' OF game were discussed in depth.

The BBC website gave it considerable coverage.

From a conversation on Twitter Chris Jack seems to think the job of a journalist is to write what someone tells him without questioning it, he seems completely bamboozled by the thought of asking some tough questions before going to print.

Football journalists in this country are pathetic. See the Rangers saga. Even the English press vilify people at the biggest clubs for racism and other dubious actions, when was the last time a Scottish football journalist ran an expose of sectarianism of the old firm for example.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Spot on teebs.

The BBC website gave it considerable coverage.

:blink:

Some folk are easily pleased.

BBC gave it some coverage (not considerable, at best a few news articles), and then it was all forgotten about within a couple of days and swept under carpet.

Unless i missed the articles and debates on the BBC (and other media outlets) where " the implications for the next 'proper' OF game were discussed in depth.", so please feel free to direct me to a multitude of links kni, where these in depth discussions and articles occurred.

I'm as condescending as most about the lack of press/media coverage we receive. Sometimes tho' that can be of benefit For instance Archie's going about his business just now getting valuable contract extension deals secured. Most of this business has largely been carried out under the radar of the media, with the exception of Jack Twitter. I'd suggest this lack of attention is actually helpful.

Why do we, as fans, care so strongly about this?

None of us have a clue what was in his contract, or know him as a person, but yet apparently are very quick to throw all sorts of accusations at the guy.

Clearly the way in which he left wasn't ideal but in the end we done very well out of it, as has he, and won promotion which we may not have done had he stayed.

Every Thistle player who has been interviewed on the matter has expressed gratitude to him for the way they brought on his game and he undeniably deserves huge credit for turning us into the outfit we are now (along with others). He took us into the correct century in terms of how to train players, bringing in sports science and correct nutrition and coaching method and thankfully Archie has embraced these changes and has continued them.

McNamara will go far in the game, as we all predicted earlier in the season, and it is a shame that he will, probably, no longer look to us as the team who gave him the chance due to the hatred that is being poured his way.