Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

Given the statement says 'full and final settlement' I'm guessing we got a lot more than the £50K Beattie was previously willing to settle for.

"Full and final settlement" is a legal term to mean that the parties have agreed no further legal rights or obligations remain on the completion of the agreed actions. It doesn't imply anything about how much is actually paid.

Meh. The rotten aftertaste will linger long methinks...

I look forward to these Judas threads dying, although in a weird way they've been rather entertaining... well done to all who fought a good fight!

“Cheating moneygrabbing shitehawk.”

“A foul, odious wee man with the scruples of a sewer rat. This festering shithouse and his rank arrogance and hypocrisy make my blood bubble with unbridled rage. If there was a specific law against being an obnoxious wee twat, SnakeNamara would be doing 35 consecutive life sentences.”

“The man has no dignity and he is the lowest of the low.”

“What an absolute scumbag.”

“This whole episode sums up the guy - no morals & no decency and only thinks about himself.”

“What an absolute scum bag of a human being McNamara is!!!”

“Just a wee scumbag bar steward”

“The final nail in the coffin for the reputation of one J. McNamara.”

“A b****g of the highest order.”

“Nae luck Jackie..Karmas a bitch”

“He's a first class c#nt.”

“The rodent in human form has committed a string of acts equivalent to mugging an old lady in the street, then coming back to burgle her and making her watch as he pillages her treasured family possessions and shites on her new living room carpet, followed by serving a civil claim against her for a new pair of troosers, ripped while escaped over the garden wall with her worldly belongings in his swag bag.”

“He's managed to hide the fact that he is a greedy, devious scumbag who rarely leaves anywhere on good terms.”

“A selfish desperado with a smelly stigma attached to his name.”

“JM is making my blood boil.”

“Judas is totally rattled.”

“McNamara is a pedigree shithouse.”

“Driven by greed, ambition, and self indulgence. Human nature perhaps but ugly and ignorant traits which most decent people can overcome.”

“The last few months has shown Ratty W@nknamara to be anything but a decent guy, more a nasty piece of work with a huge ego.”

“As far as Im concerned now Ratty W@nknamara has behaved like a moneygrabbing egotistical spoilt brat.”

“Only if the judge, a mister Jack Tannadice, entered the courtroom in a tangerine coloured gown, with a 'J#ckie's Ar#b Army' T shirt underneath, PTFC - GIRFUY below that and a dish towel round his napper would I begin to become concerned about the verdict. Small, weasly viper-like creatures don't make good defendants as a rule.”

“He has turned out to be an backstabbing prick of the highest order and will go down in history as such.”

“Just give us our 80k and do one Judas.”

“McNamara and Thompson really are snakes of the highest order.”

“Both McNamara and Thompson are ********* of the highest order. I hope bigger teams regularly screw them over for their best players...”

“The big loser in this is McNamara's reputation.”

“Jackie and Dundee United your time is coming! Karma will get you back...”

“He's happy to let them make a pratt of him while he blames Thistle rather than stand up to the people responsible.”

“It's despicable that they can get away with treating other clubs like dirt.”

“Just Seen that wee smarmy git on stv. No morals.”

“Ratnamara & Scumdee Utd are periodically pedalling the same sh!t in the media, they are looking almost for sympathy.”

“Every time McNamara opens his mouth to the press I have to supress feelings of violence. I really hope that such a thing as karma exists because he is going to get one hell of a fall in the future....”

“Lacks the backbone and practicality to be a good manager.”

“He has disrespected PTFC spectacularly. For that he is an abominable twat. May his next jobby be a heavily studded landmine.”

• Like 1

"All parties were keen to resolve the situation amicably" .... Aye, 'right!!!

Wishing all at tannadice the worst possible season and looking forward to never having to attempt business with you again.

Dundee... the city where the once great "J's" have sadly decayed. Jute, jam, journalism and jackie the c**t.

Looks like everything has worked out alright in the end. We've got money we wouldn't have got if McNamara was still with us and we could still be in Div 1 had he stayed. That of course would be conjecture. What would be nearer fact is we could still have McNamara as our manager and be falsely thinking we had a secure arrangement with him. We'd still be largely unaware that he would up sticks at a minutes notice and leave us in the shit. Yes, it's all worked out well.

When I e mailed the Club re the stand switching for the Celtic game I praised them for sticking to theirr principles. I was pointing out the irony of the unprincipled action of capitulating to the authorities and treating our guys in the North Stand so shabbily.

Hope if their still on their high horse re the McNamara compo they'll see how easy it is to fall off when they don't stick to their guns.

• Like 1

As Jagsfan says, there is probably a confidentiality clause in the agreement.

Quite. Time to move on. None of us really knew the facts about this whole affair. None of us have seen the disputed contract, or any of the supposed lawyers' letters , or the content of any discussion between the clubs, so all the speculation and vituperation which the matter has caused on this forum has perhaps been ill-informed and ill-advised ?

Quite. Time to move on. None of us really knew the facts about this whole affair. None of us have seen the disputed contract, or any of the supposed lawyers' letters , or the content of any discussion between the clubs, so all the speculation and vituperation which the matter has caused on this forum has perhaps been ill-informed and ill-advised ?

I'm very impressed by "vituperation".

Everything about this scandal has been handled very "surreptitiously" so im not surprised that it remains a secret to us ignorant mortals of the terracings !! However I believe both parties owe it to the fans to come clean and restore the expectation we all have of transparency in the dealings of the clubs we support !!!

ps. Hope I've spelt my big word properly !!!

Clearly PTFC want to draw a line under this saga and get on with the new season. Why can't we just respect our club's wishes.

Agree, and besides contracts, compensation arrangements salaries etc are nearly always carried out in private. Regardless of this dispute being played out in public I can still understand why the final settlement will remain private.

Anyway I'd like to pass on my contrafibularities to David Beattie tho' I certainly can't bring it on myself to offer good wishes to DUFC and their rogue manager having caused us such pericumbobulations.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2