Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

Don't think anyone should underestimate the ambitions that Beattie will have with regards to the new league body. His ever increasing media profile and desire to cuddle up to the bigger clubs will play a part in all of this.

Add in the fact that we have a die hard Celtic fan brought on to the board by Beattie (Ajay Chopra) and you can see what's going on here.

Quite what Mr Chopra brings to the table I don't know. He has not invested one penny in the club and at the time of him joining, his company entered administration.

I'm starting to understand why we are so eager to please Celtic a bit more now.

Don't think anyone should underestimate the ambitions that Beattie will have with regards to the new league body. His ever increasing media profile and desire to cuddle up to the bigger clubs will play a part in all of this.

Add in the fact that we have a die hard Celtic fan brought on to the board by Beattie (Ajay Chopra) and you can see what's going on here.

Quite what Mr Chopra brings to the table I don't know. He has not invested one penny in the club and at the time of him joining, his company entered administration.

This all seems a bit mysterious........ Maybe you could make things a bit clearer?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I don't understand his involvement either but that last line is rotten.

Quite a bitter wee post :happy2: almost sellic like in itself!

I was under the impression that it was Ajay Choppra who was investing in the youth set up at the club.

Don't know this 100% though but this is what i was told.

If true then it's probably one of the best areas to invest at the club as this is the clubs future.

Get the youth set up right and you will get the players (imo)

Prepare to be shifted out of the north stand several times in the season ahead, and be housed instead in a structure which has significant "health and safety issues" while away supporters are housed in the modern parts of the stadium.

Great to be back in the top league, innit.

I am not sure there will be many teams who will bring more than 2,000 to Firhill, so should easily be housed in the north end of the JHS. Also, how many clubs other than Celtic have problems with flares, so the risk of falling foul of H & S is much less.

However, I think that the club should not move the Thistle fans from the North Stand and shift the onus to Celtic FC to ensure their supporters start behaving more responsibly, even if it does mean taking a hit of 40k per game.

• Like 2

The opening game against United is certainly going to be hotly anticipated by Thistle fans, both to get stuck in and to celebrate the league flag. The atmosphere is going to be electric. I don't know if the Arabs will be as worked up as us, but what if they predict that several thousand fans intend to travel down?

Will fans be moved for this game?

Not a chance that DU will bring several thousand.

I am not sure there will be many teams who will bring more than 2,000 to Firhill, so should easily be housed in the north end of the JHS. Also, how many clubs other than Celtic have problems with flares, so the risk of falling foul of H & S is much less.

However, I think that the club should not move the Thistle fans from the North Stand and shift the onus to Celtic FC to ensure their supporters start behaving more responsibly, even if it does mean taking a hit of 40k per game.

This. Without a doubt. Time our club (and oneThistle) took a (north) stand over this, we'd gain much publicity and good will from other clubs supporters too on this, and show everyone of the Thistle AND non-Thistle persuasion, that our board is not willing to pander to either of THEM (or any other club), on any issue, especially if its to the detriment of home advantage, moving our support to accommodate theirs, or helping the gruesome twosome resume their battles on or off the pitch, and prove they are completely Thistle minded.

Oh wait...

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

So, in light of Dundee United's complaints regarding the main stands lack of hand washing facilities.

Do thistle fans still think it is right to house any fans, never mind our own. in a stand that does not provide any wash hand basins?

Bearing in mind the club has just refurbished the directors box and boardroom?

Edited by potty trained

I kind of expected to see loads of complaints from DU fans on pie and bovril etc, but have only heard Thompsons complaint. How big an issue is this. How many times does someone go into a council toilet an there's no paper towels or even worse toilet paper. Do we call for the city centre to get shut down. We must all be getting too soft.

I kind of expected to see loads of complaints from DU fans on pie and bovril etc, but have only heard Thompsons complaint. How big an issue is this. How many times does someone go into a council toilet an there's no paper towels or even worse toilet paper. Do we call for the city centre to get shut down. We must all be getting too soft.

How many times do you go into a pub (even good ones) and there is no bog roll, paper towels or locks on the cubicle doors (spoil sports)

How big an issue is this? Maybe if you are a clatty b****** then it's not an issue.

Sorry, maybe i'm missing something. This isn't a discussion about a lack of replenishables. Paper towels and lavvy paper. stuff that can be refilled on request.

Would it not be more accurate, Lenzie, to ask... how many toilets in Glasgow, do you go into, and there isn't a wash hand basin to clean your hands?

Edited by potty trained

How big an issue is this? Maybe if you are a clatty b****** then it's not an issue.

Sorry, maybe i'm missing something. This isn't a discussion about a lack of replenishables. Paper towels and lavvy paper. stuff that can be refilled on request.

Would it not be more accurate, Lenzie, to ask... how many toilets in Glasgow, do you go into, and there isn't a wash hand basin to clean your hands?

I'm sure there was sinks in the old stand when I used to sit there round about 1986

Its something of a disgrace that this is still a live issue, if the club decided to use the Main Stand to house visiting supporters then surely they have a duty of care to ensure that the facilities are up to scratch.The days when football supporters will accept any environment just to see the game are thankfully long gone. All joking aside, it is fundamentally wrong to expect visiting supporters to be happy with poorer basic standards than our own support would expect and in this day and age there is no excuse for it.

Its something of a disgrace that this is still a live issue, if the club decided to use the Main Stand to house visiting supporters then surely they have a duty of care to ensure that the facilities are up to scratch.The days when football supporters will accept any environment just to see the game are thankfully long gone. All joking aside, it is fundamentally wrong to expect visiting supporters to be happy with poorer basic standards than our own support would expect and in this day and age there is no excuse for it.

Does this type of thing not come under requirements as part of obtaining a safety certificate for the stand? If so it must at least meet minimum requirements? Fair enough if the club/propco could or should really have improved it further to provide better facilities although I'd hope that toilets and appropriate hygiene facilities would be a part of the overall requirement for the building standards and safety.

Does this type of thing not come under requirements as part of obtaining a safety certificate for the stand? If so it must at least meet minimum requirements? Fair enough if the club/propco could or should really have improved it further to provide better facilities although I'd hope that toilets and appropriate hygiene facilities would be a part of the overall requirement for the building standards and safety.

As part of a safety cert, you must have various things (lighting, emergency proceedures / exits, clear stairwells etc etc) and toilet facilities (X toilets per X number of people), these facilities must have a certain standard (Hand washing facilities is one of them), if a factory or a pub for example had no handwashing facilities it would be closed down, so I struggle to understand how we got a safety certificate (With strings referring to Celtic being housed else where?????? as if) recently and this was not spotted........ unless we showed them the new fancy "Executive toilets with warm water bidet" in the new directors box. The safety cert was only given a month ago, so begs the questions

1. Is there washing facilities in the main stand and Thomsen is just moaning for the sake of it
  2. Was a safety certificate given with NO inspection, but criteria regarding Celtic
  3. Was no renewal inspection needed so no criteria for Celtic could have been given

it doesn't fall under the safety certificate remit...

It will fall under "enviromental health & planning". however, as there were no sinks in the first place, planning cant force them to be installed.

it does fall under the board's "duty of care" to the club's customers to provide a such a facility. christ, there's away kids in that stand every week, we're charging them a fiver, they go to the lavvy at half time and straight to the pie stall, dirty hands, germs everywhere.

on the plus side, not installing sinks has freed up some money for some luxury chairs in the directors box and a refurbished boardroom in the main stand for our board to wine and dine far more important folk than you or i.