Lawless Wanted By Dutch Club Williem Ii

Strange.

Hope he stays. Especially if it's only for £50k. £100k+ would be nice, but we'd need to bring in another two wingers.

Everyone seems to forget or discount McAleer but it's a big step up from the Juniors to the SPL.

Everyone seems to forget or discount McAleer but it's a big step up from the Juniors to the SPL.

I'm not forgetting him, I am discounting him though. At least as a regular starter. I've no idea how he got on during his loan apart from he was injured for the last few months of it. To think McAleer is going to replace Lawless would be very naive, I think. I doubt we'll see much of him this season - could be wrong though.

With 1 year left on his contract, we've very little leverage.

I'd guess he's refused a longer term contract. I can't see us not offering a better deal like we did with a lot of the others whose contracts expire next Summer.

If we get £50-75k then I wouldn't think it's a bad bit of business.

The other one who hasn't signed an improved deal but I'm sure would've been offered something is Sinclair.

I'd guess he's refused a longer term contract. I can't see us not offering a better deal like we did with a lot of the others whose contracts expire next Summer.

The other one who hasn't signed an improved deal but I'm sure would've been offered something is Sinclair.

I'd think Balatoni and Welsh too?

Would hate to lose Lawless for 50k. Would be an open invitation to come and buy all our top players for peanuts.

It would only be a decent bit of business if we can replace him with someone that is of equal or better ability for less than £50-75k including wages.

I don't see many players around for that.

If that is the fee then we should keep him and risk losing him next summer for nothing. I think he could help us stay in the SPL which would earn us more than selling him now.

Dont want him to go but the club might not have any option given that his contract runs out next summer and he is free to sign a pre contract in January when we would get sod all. If he has made it clear thats the road he is going down we should cash him in for as much as we can get

I was just thinking that with Lawless and Baird we have two wee guys maybe playing in the same attack. Doolan is of average height. I definitely think we need somebody with a greater physical presence up front too.

I'd rather have Lawless stay for the coming season; so what if he walks for nothing next season if he does a job and helps us in our campaign ahead? Having said that, £100,000 and they can have him. With a sell-on clause, of course!