Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

I doubt there is much substance to the Riordan stories but those thinking Archie/Paterson might not be forced into bringing in someone with various dodgy past are misguided.

If all other targets go elsewhere, we could very well see a Riordan/Imrie/O'Connor type signed up. Let's face it, unless we get off to a good start and remain injury free, we still need to strengthen in key areas to have a good chance of competing this year.

Hopefully we might see some good loan signings from down south or a couple of Celtic rejects come in. That might fit better into our current style of play/structure.

Will Haining is not better than our current defence

He would not deserve a shirt before Conrad, Azaro or Sinky

Give me your opinion?

Not at the moment no, but I have doubts whether Muirhead and (particularly) Balatoni can last it out as a partnership over the course of the season. I said the same when McCracken was mentioned, but someone with plenty of experience of playing well at this level waiting to step in if things go wrong is definitely a good thing. I don't think anyone would argue that an additional centre half is something we don't need.

Will Haining is not better than our current defence

He would not deserve a shirt before Conrad, Azaro or Sinky

Give me your opinion?

According to Wiki his middle name is Wallace, making him William Wallace Haining. :)

Anyway, unless I am mistaken he can play left-back as well as centre-half, so all things considered I reckon he could bridge any gap in the defence.

Exactly as it says on the tin Jaggy! RUMOURED target! We dont know who Archies spoke to etc. We will have to be patient, then panic near the kick off day!

We do know that Rory Boulding is being considered as a genuine candidate for a contract, which is quite alarming in itself. If we kicked off the season as things are we would most likely be in the shit.

The start of the season is over 3 weeks away. Lots of deals are signed in August as agents lower their clients' wage demands. Then there are the loan deals that are offered as the close of the transfer window approaches. There is no need to rush - or panic unless the manager signs known duds.

• Like 1

Strange we should be linked to Haining. He only left St Mirren because his wife, Michelle Marsh was home sick.

In saying that, she still goes to watch them a couple of times a season.

I posted elsewhere we're only linked to Haining as we played someone called/nicknamed "Will" midweek against West Auckland. Could be Willjag for all we know. He hasn't posted for a wee while coming to think of it.

We do know that Rory Boulding is being considered as a genuine candidate for a contract, which is quite alarming in itself. If we kicked off the season as things are we would most likely be in the shit.

You think its fair to judge Boulding on the one game as a trialist. In what way was Boulding so much worse than say McGuigan and do you think McGuigan would be a far better player in the spl than Boulding, because I am far from convinced McGuigan would be.

You think its fair to judge Boulding on the one game as a trialist. In what way was Boulding so much worse than say McGuigan and do you think McGuigan would be a far better player in the spl than Boulding, because I am far from convinced McGuigan would be.

Maybe Noel has considered more than Saturday's performance. Have a look at his stats:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Rory_Boulding

They're not very good. Maybe the Gateshead match was actually more typical than we might imagine. Saying that, I wasn't there. Might see him tomorrow at Annan though.

Edited by David Stevenson

What Boulding does have is bags of pace. We kind of struggle in this department with out line up as it stands. Neither Doolan or Baird are particularly fast - not saying they don't have pace. Welsh, Forbes, Murray, Bannigan all aren't particularly fast. Lawless is really the only one left in there with real pace now Erskine has gone.

Bouldings goal that clinched the top six spot last season was an absolute burst of energy. I'd think with a good pre seasons training he could be a real asset. Never given the chance with Kilmarnock and likewise for Utd. He was more signed as backup.

Starting to worry a bit at why there's still no signings. I know we need to get the right ones but I think fitness and team spirit will play a huge part next season. Any player that joins now has missed important weeks of pre-season.

Starting to worry a bit at why there's still no signings. I know we need to get the right ones but I think fitness and team spirit will play a huge part next season. Any player that joins now has missed important weeks of pre-season.

The way Archie talking about the trialists, I wouldn't be surprised if 2 or 3 of them were offered deals.

The hardest player to replace was always going to be Erskine.

Said it before but the Paton's of this world are all over Scottish football. Not the worst & he did the job that was asked of him but been moved around the team to find a position that he was less of a liability.

I still think we'll sign a direct replacement for Erskine.

On the pre season thing, unless they're foreign, the chances are the person will be training with another club to keep fitness up.

Time will tell I guess.

Edited by Trotter

Morton are set to sign trialist striker Kabba-Chadou Cham. (Various)

They also have a few eastern Europeans on trial.

The players might not be good but why can they cast their nets wide and we lazily go after for SPL rejects in the hope they can come good?

Probably lack of cash or shall we say being frugal with what we have